How much better is the GTX970M Vs the GTX960M?

Kenshindono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey guys. I was eyeballing a couple laptops on sale. I've been really sick lately and am going to be kinda bedridden for the next few months so i wanted a decent laptop to play on. The two im looking at have a gtx960m and a gtx970m in them. I was wondering how big of a difference there i s between those two models. I seem tor recall the 970 and 980 use a totally different architecture over the 960m. However i cant seem to find any comparison benchmarks between them. Everything i find on the 970m is just vs the 980m with no comparison to the 960m.l Anyone know a good benchmark test i could look over or just happen to know how big the performance jump is? is it worth the $300 difference?

Cooling is a big issue for me. Every gaming laptop i've had has had serious heat issues. My last one was a 780m and that thing would kiss 90degrees before it cooled down to low 80's sometimes. Isn't that too hot? My old dell xps ran hot too and eventually fried the graphics card. So do these things actually run cool finally? 

These are the two i was looking at btw

Sager np7155

http://www.sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP7155.html

sager np8651

http://www.sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP8651.html

I'll be throwing a SSD in them of course.

Any info is appreciated. Im getting sick of my 3ds =P

yea saw that before. After doing some research i decided to go with the 970 model. Not only is the performance way better i found out it has a good cooling system. 2 fans for the GPU and one for the CPU

Not sure what SSD to use though. I can pick betwen the 256GB Micron M600 M.2, or the Samsung 850EVO M.2. Ive had good experiences with Sammys in the past but never used a micron. For me Longevity and reliability are more important than speed. That being the case would the Micron be better? It uses MLC vs the Samsungs TLC memory. My understanding is that type lasts longer right? Though the sammys 3d VNAD tech is getting rave reviews. ANy suggestions?

ALso i notice i can get an IPS upgrade for just $45. That sounds cheap. ANyone know the quality of the sager/clevo IPS montors? I dont want one if its has terrible input delay and motion blur

bread's done
Back