* * - - - 17 votes

AUGUST PSN Flash Sale *PRICES ADDED*

psn ps4 ps3 ps vita flash sale

#271 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7405 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:43 AM

Dammit... Just when I think my wallet is safe, you had to point out a $2.40 gimmicky move bowling game that I'm now tempted to buy for some reason... Looks decent enough from the review I checked out...plus it apparently has online multiplayer (as opposed to dodging friends and family as they bowl with the wii remote on wii sports...lol).

Yeah, the review I saw on YouTube mentioned anime girls with boobs which is another thing that Wii Sports doesn't have. But I know where you're coming from. I need to buy Peggle 2 which is on sale for $2.99 this week although it's not on the Flash sale and I only have $2.87 on my account now.

#272 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1461 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:56 AM

Well, for $2.40, sounds like Crazy Bowling may be worth it after all.

#273 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2434 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 05:15 AM

Yeah, the review I saw on YouTube mentioned anime girls with boobs which is another thing that Wii Sports doesn't have. But I know where you're coming from. I need to buy Peggle 2 which is on sale for $2.99 this week although it's not on the Flash sale and I only have $2.87 on my account now.

Wait what?! …..too YouTube !

#274 Rollobobo   EAT SHIITAKE! CAGiversary!   2953 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 05:36 AM

Is Crazy Bowling playable only using the Playstation Move? 

Edit* YUP, move required.

http://www.superchea...es-Crazy-St.htm

#275 NovaKane   On the real... CAGiversary!   1062 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 05:37 AM

Very tempted to get NFS Rivals and the complete DLC pack. What I need to know though, is are you able to fully customize the controls like in HP and MW? I want to be able to accelerate/brake with X/square.

Also is that How to Survive game any good?

#276 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1934 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:10 AM

I'd be all over Peggle 2 if I had a ps4.  Odd that they never released a ps3 port since they did put out a 360 version.

#277 imme2007   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   1403 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:37 AM

I'd be all over Peggle 2 if I had a ps4. Odd that they never released a ps3 port since they did put out a 360 version.

If you ever plan on getting a ps4 I would go ahead and get it, great game and this one comes with all dlc, can't pass up this great price

#278 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:04 AM

Nice. I was holding out on Murdered: Soul Suspect until I found it for $10 or less. And I'll give Need for Speed: Rivals a second look.

Don't bother. It's an awful mess. Makes some weird choices between realistic and arcade, but it boils down to the AI being way too good. As a cop they kept pulling bs getaways and as a racer I'd get 5 cops on my tail in a heartbeat and get wrecked and lose any progress I had made. After several 30-45 min frustration playthroughs I realized it just wasn't any fun. Stick to Hot Pursuit or Most Wanted.

*Edit* Sounds like some of you had a much better experience than I did. I picked it up on x1 thru EA access, and was excited about it because I played the hell out of Hot Pursuit. I kept doing ok, I'd beat a race and escape a single cop, and then all of a sudden I'd get blindsided by a cop spawning on top of me, my stars would jack up, helicopters would spot me and I'd lose everything. I did better as a cop, because at least then I wasn't getting owned between events, but winning events in the first place I found much harder (as opposed to the wimp competition other racers brought). I also didn't like having to gps a safehouse while trying to escape at high velocity with no ability to pause. It also could just be the early races, but I thought it was annoying that every race starts with you parked and everyone else zooming by at full speed.

#279 RollingSkull   Banned Banned   6307 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

RollingSkull

Posted 23 August 2015 - 03:29 PM

Welp, you just sold me on a game that I'd never have even looked at otherwise.  I thought it was just a basic brawler and I tend not to enjoy those, but I super enjoyed GB so... Akiba's Trip will be mine [if it goes on sale].

Is WotS out for Vita?  I'm doing some googling and am getting confused...

It looks like, based on one article, it might be called Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3... which is out for Vita?  Is this the game you mean?   How did that game completely escape me?

Way of the Samurai is a 4 game series where you play a Samurai through a short adventure with anywhere from six to thirty different endings. Kinda sandboxy but almost in some ways resembles a CYOA more, but you're constantly collecting weapons and learning moves, doing missions for cash, finding secret stuff, etc. It's an interesting series. WotS4 just hit PC. 4 is the goofiest game in the whole series but it's a decent starting point for the gameplay.

Samurai Warrior Chronicles 3 is a musou game. Completely different thing.

Akiba's Trip is a geeky love letter to otaku culture. A sort of open world side-quest laden adventure, but the high, medium, low combat and clothes damaging/disrobing seems no small homage to GB. Note that the combat is nowhere near as intense as GB so if you liked GB because it was challenging, keep walking. If you liked GB's storytelling and all the little Japanesey touches in the gameplay, you should look into AT.

#280 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1934 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:50 PM

Akiba's Trip is a geeky love letter to otaku culture. A sort of open world side-quest laden adventure, but the high, medium, low combat and clothes damaging/disrobing seems no small homage to GB. Note that the combat is nowhere near as intense as GB so if you liked GB because it was challenging, keep walking. If you liked GB's storytelling and all the little Japanesey touches in the gameplay, you should look into AT.

For me, it was the quirky characters (amusing writing and solid voice acting), story, and "be yourself" type themes that made Akiba's Trip memorable.  The combat felt uber clunky, and they went through all the trouble of painstakingly recreating sections of Japan and then left them void of content like they're just some vapid set piece (the most you can do is walk around largely pre-defined paths looking at storefronts, buy stuff at a few shops, and experience a few select restaurants or whatever).  But despite that, I really liked the game.

#281 RollingSkull   Banned Banned   6307 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

RollingSkull

Posted 23 August 2015 - 05:21 PM

I will acknowledge that there isn't much life to the streets of Akihabara. It was charming but certainly not as alive as Yakuza or GTA's worldcraft.  but I enjoyed the combat for what it was. The thunks were mighty and powerful. It was a little clunky, but if you got into the metagame of setting up massive chain strips to collect rare underwear you were playing a more fun game than the combat had on offer usually.

Of course you were also at the mercy of some really awful movesets on base gear. It isn't until you clear 70% of one route before you FINALLY start getting to fight bosses and get some good weapons from them. Sakaguchi's Par Play carried me for most of the game but any of the waifu weapons would have been nice but YOU CAN'T HARDLY GET THEM.

To be fair, if you held a gun to my head, I could probably be talked into doing WotS's 100 man fights. But I'd just tell you to pull the trigger if you asked me to do IdolDis@ster again.

#282 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1461 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:16 PM

For me, it was the quirky characters (amusing writing and solid voice acting), story, and "be yourself" type themes that made Akiba's Trip memorable.  

I really wanted to like Akiba's Trip. The voice acting/characters/art design, etc were all solid, but I just couldn't bring myself to endure the shoddy gameplay mechanics. For me, the combat elements were such a chore and became repetitive. 

#283 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4709 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:12 PM

Don't bother. It's an awful mess. Makes some weird choices between realistic and arcade, but it boils down to the AI being way too good. As a cop they kept pulling bs getaways and as a racer I'd get 5 cops on my tail in a heartbeat and get wrecked and lose any progress I had made. After several 30-45 min frustration playthroughs I realized it just wasn't any fun. Stick to Hot Pursuit or Most Wanted.

*Edit* Sounds like some of you had a much better experience than I did. I picked it up on x1 thru EA access, and was excited about it because I played the hell out of Hot Pursuit. I kept doing ok, I'd beat a race and escape a single cop, and then all of a sudden I'd get blindsided by a cop spawning on top of me, my stars would jack up, helicopters would spot me and I'd lose everything. I did better as a cop, because at least then I wasn't getting owned between events, but winning events in the first place I found much harder (as opposed to the wimp competition other racers brought). I also didn't like having to gps a safehouse while trying to escape at high velocity with no ability to pause. It also could just be the early races, but I thought it was annoying that every race starts with you parked and everyone else zooming by at full speed.

Turn off online and give it another try.  Online [other players being cops] will wreck your newbie life and make the game feel intolerable.    Go offline and play as cop till you learn/adjust to/remember the controls/'feel' of the game and you'll be fine.

GPSing a safehouse becomes muscle memory after a bit.   And I'm pretty sure one is next to every gas station.

#284 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4709 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:13 PM

Way of the Samurai is a 4 game series where you play a Samurai through a short adventure with anywhere from six to thirty different endings. Kinda sandboxy but almost in some ways resembles a CYOA more, but you're constantly collecting weapons and learning moves, doing missions for cash, finding secret stuff, etc. It's an interesting series. WotS4 just hit PC. 4 is the goofiest game in the whole series but it's a decent starting point for the gameplay.

Samurai Warrior Chronicles 3 is a musou game. Completely different thing.

Hmm.  I like the challenge of GB, so I guess what that means is I'll wait for AT to be $5 or so.  Thanks all for the great feedback!

#285 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1934 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:19 AM

Okay, I took the plunge and got Crazy Strike Bowling...  Here's the verdict:

Pros:

-Yes, pretty much Wii Sports bowling with anime characters (yes, some of which have boobs...lol)...

-Pretty simple to pick up and play (although it has an acceleration gauge and I'm still not entirely sure if it relates to your actual throw or is separate since I threw a few normal balls that totally crawled)

-Online and local multiplayer (and facebook connection if you're into that kind of thing)

-The Challenges add some extra single player content and are sort of fun from what I checked out of them (things along the lines of "score this many points in 90 seconds" or "make this shot" or "get 2 spares in 3 frames"...and looks like there's some trick shot stuff I haven't unlocked yet where you have to dodge obstacles...)

Cons:

-Load times are bizarrely long (not a big deal if you're playing a whole bowling game, but it gets annoying quick if you're doing a 20 second challenge and have to wait through 15 or 20 seconds of loading/saving every time you fail and retry)

-Had calibration issues at first (kept failing when I held the controller up to my shoulder), but it might have been due to having a dualshock on and set as controller 1.  After I quit the game and turned off the dualshock and restarted, I think it only failed once.

-Physics seem simpler than Wii Sports (throwing right down the middle here is the key to a strike)

-Controls don't seem as sharp/complex as Wii Sports

Overall, it's pretty basic...but fun enough.  Maybe worth the $2.40, depending on what you're looking to get out of it.  There's a bunch of DLC, but it looks like it's mostly to unlock stuff you can get from playing the game and doing challenges.  There does appear to be an extra 99 cent Halloween lane and costume DLC if anyone's looking for some Halloween themed bowling for October and that sways you.

#286 Nax5   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:01 AM

Disappointing on the Vita side of things.

#287 Seasick Pirate   Rachael's Superstar CAGiversary!   759 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Seasick Pirate

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:06 AM

Anyone reccomend Sportsfriends? Looks like it would be fun enough, as long as you have friends to play with. But how long does that fun last?

Also, it looks like Move is only required for one part of it. Is that accurate?

#288 Midnighthawk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   145 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Midnighthawk

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:28 AM

Is SWTFU2 worth it at that price? All the reviews and YouTube vids say it's even worse than the first one.

#289 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7387 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:06 PM

Disappointing on the Vita side of things.

Agreed, but this is a good thing, as my 64GB memory card is almost full, and I refuse to play the "juggle" game, so at this point, no good games on sale is a good thing(for me at least). LOL

#290 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5526 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:14 PM

Hmm. I like the challenge of GB, so I guess what that means is I'll wait for AT to be $5 or so. Thanks all for the great feedback!

I would be pretty shocked if it ever went that low. The commercial for it runs all the time on Crunchyroll; the game came out in August of last year, so it must still be selling well if they can afford the ad time for that long. And there really is no game like it - I was pretty surprised that it even made it here considering the game is just about stripping people down to their skivvies.

#291 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4439 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:48 PM

Ok, Sony is not letting me log in to make purchases and the Flash Sale is almost over.

I've tried on all my consoles since this morning and there have been sign in errors.

#292 Rop3ADop3   puts salt on saltines CAGiversary!   1107 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:41 PM

doing transaction from my laptop, and just downloading on my console

#293 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:25 PM

Decided to not get anything since Telltale games where same price ( or about? ) on PS4 as the last sale. Will wait for less than $5 since I already have so many games to play and university has started.

#294 RollingSkull   Banned Banned   6307 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

RollingSkull

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:46 PM

Is SWTFU2 worth it at that price? All the reviews and YouTube vids say it's even worse than the first one.

Force Unleashed 1 could not have hurt younger me more if it threw me over a pinball machine raped me in front of a whole bar full of strangers who just Fuck ING WATCHED AND LAUGHED.

So I haven't been keen on giving TFU2 the time of day.

That said, TFU1's plot is infinitely better than the prequel trilogy, small hurdle that is.

#295 GodSmackedMe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   626 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

GodSmackedMe

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:49 AM

Force Unleashed 1 could not have hurt younger me more if it threw me over a pinball machine raped me in front of a whole bar full of strangers who just Fuck ING WATCHED AND LAUGHED.

So I haven't been keen on giving TFU2 the time of day.

That said, TFU1's plot is infinitely better than the prequel trilogy, small hurdle that is.

Jody Foster, that you? The Accused

#296 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7405 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:05 AM

Jody Foster, that you? The Accused

I thought the same thing as soon as I read that. And I remembered that was the only thing missing from the Pinball Arcade series.