Xbox One Controller issue

CocheseUGA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
I'd post this on GAF, but I don't have enough posts yet (after over a year).

Anyway, my setup right now is my One, PS4 and 360 are at my desk so I can game between work sessions. The 360 can go straight into the PC speakers (Z506). No optical, unlike the Z906, it's RCA. For the PS4 and One, I use a 3.5mm to RCA to get non-headphone audio. Worked great for the original One controller, and still does for the PS4. It's the new 3.5mm controller that is giving me issues.

There is no sound straight away. I have to follow a very specific procedure to get audio to work: Plug in the 3.5mm-3.5mm cord from my headphones to controller. Unplug jack at controller, plug back in. After about five seconds, audio kicks in. I can then unplug the jack from the headphones and plug into the 3.5mm to RCA adapter. Every time. If I unplug the jack at the controller a second time, I have to start over. If the controller becomes disconnected or I turn off the Xbox, I have to start over.

It's so specific, I wonder if the controller is defective or it was designed like this. Can anyone else duplicate?

bread's done
Back