* * * * - 4 votes

Madden 16 Official CAG League - Spots Open! League Progressing! Draft! Panoramic15 Now Commissioner!

Madden 16 League Xbox One CAG Official Football

#1 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:55 PM

leaguelogo_zpsjppcgpfy.jpg

Introduction
Hello, everybody. And welcome to another year of CAG Madden on Xbox One. Madden leagues on CAG have been very successful over the years, with a consistent league running for the past 7 years, and two leagues running simultaneously for several years.

With a few other leagues popping up with different settings (fantasy rosters, quicker advancements, etc), I figured going back to our roots and just calling this the Official CAG League made sense.

In that spirit, this will be a league FOR EVERYONE. I'm not going to so much worry about skill level as I am about keeping things competitive. And we can discuss ways to make sure that happens in the thread. I've got some ideas, but I'd like to hear input from everybody. Blowouts are uncomfortable for everyone. The more often we can avoid them, the better.

How To Sign Up
If you would like to be a part of this league, please read through the League Rules and Policies section below (yes, it's long...but every rule was put into place because someone demonstrated a need for having it...and everyone who joins is accountable for knowing them, so there are no "I didn't know" arguments).

Then, just post your info in the thread in the following format:

CAG Name | XBL Gamertag | Time Zone | General Availability

General Guidelines
I'd like the league to be as self-sustaining as possible: no nonsense, no constant reminders to play right, a non-negotiable expectation to keep up with the thread, being responsive to PMs, etc. And if people show any difficulty sticking to that, they're gone. What I'd like to avoid is the whole mentality of caring more about winning than caring about playing right. Also, having so and so's friend's, brother's, uncle who likes Madden, but has no idea what this thread is or even what CAG is can be a hinderance more often than not. If you want to be a part of the league, be a part of the league.

Once again, this year, we will be changing a few policies and rules. First and foremost will be the return of the trade cap. Despite Madden's in-game salary cap and roster management system, it still left people too many loopholes when trading and/or signing superstar players. I can at least give EA credit for trying to incorporate team finances, but when people know they're dealing with a limited season league, it lets them know there are certain things they can take advantage of. So, definitely expect a limitation on trades per season and contract lengths. These policies will only be put in place to make for a more realistic league though...so hopefully most people won't have a problem with that.

Anybody who would like to play in this league, feel free to voice your interest, introduce yourself, weigh in on league policies, bounce around some ideas, etc. As always, with a new Madden, I'm hopeful that we'll continue to move in a positive direction and that this year's game will be the best ever! Thanks!

League Website
http://www.easports....ome/975560.xone

Releasing a Player From the Website
1. Log in
2. Click on "Team"
3. Find the player you want to cut
4. Click on him and choose "View Player"
5. Click "Take Action" and then choose "Release Player"

League Rules and Policies (Subject to Change as New Game Info is Released)

Team Lottery

Just like last year, for people who hate fun videos, here's the list. Admittedly, the video would have been a lot more exciting if we had a full league, but I did what I could to build the suspense. And the second half of the video is definitely more exciting than the first half. Just the way the teams broke down this year, I guess.

Spoiler

Members
Team | CAG Name (click to send private message) | XBL Gamertag | Time Zone | Availability
Any team listed as *OPEN* may be taken

AFC EAST
Buffalo Bills | *OPEN*
Miami Dolphins | siradam134 | feroci0us1 | ET | ?
New England Patriots X | LVPatriots | MurdaModeLV | ET | ?
New York Jets | *OPEN*

AFC NORTH
Baltimore Ravens | Mog3526 | Mog3526 | ET | ?
Cincinnati Bengals | *OPEN*
Cleveland Browns | MrExtreme08 | MrExtreme08 | ET | ?
Pittsburgh Steelers | Heidenreich | Jcariello | ET | ?

AFC SOUTH
Houston Texans | Tanabeo | Tanabeo | CT | M-F: After 10:30PM CT (possibly earlier by appt), Sa-Su: very flexible
Indianapolis Colts | soliddragon | soliddragon | ET | Weeknights after 9:30PM ET
Jacksonville Jaguars | Panoramic15 | RevCottonMarcus | ET | flexible
Tennessee Titans | *OPEN*

AFC WEST
Denver Broncos | KasterDB | KasterDB | ET | Weekdays: After 7PM or 9PM, Weekends: flexible
Kansas City Chiefs | *OPEN*
Oakland Raiders | IzzyDigilino | DaTravistyAMG | ET | M-T: After 9PM, F: After 6PM, Sa, After 9PM, Su: flexible
San Diego Chargers | *OPEN*

NFC EAST
Dallas Cowboys | *OPEN*
New York Giants | *OPEN*
Philadelphia Eagles | *OPEN*
Washington Redskins | *OPEN*

NFC NORTH
Chicago Bears | *OPEN*
Detroit Lions | *OPEN*
Green Bay Packers | Matt Young | The Matt Young | PT | ?
Minnesota Vikings | *OPEN*

NFC SOUTH
Atlanta Falcons | *OPEN*
Carolina Panthers | *OPEN*
New Orleans Saints | *OPEN*
Tampa Bay Buccaneers | *OPEN*

NFC WEST
Arizona Cardinals | *OPEN*
San Francisco 49ers | *OPEN*
Seattle Seahawks | dgillz11 | d gillz | ET | Nights between 8PM ET and 11PM ET
St. Louis Rams | *OPEN*

*X = Strike 

Past Champions
Madden16

Season 1 - Houston Texans (Tanabeo)

Madden 15
Season 1 - Houston Texans (Tanabeo)
Season 2 - New Orleans Saints (LVPatriots)
Season 3 - Houston Texans (Tanabeo)

#24 Tanabeo   Houston Mountaineers CAGiversary!   1258 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:29 PM

Tanabeo | Tanabeo | CT | M-F: After 10:30PM CT (possibly earlier by appt), Sa-Su: very flexible

#29 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:31 PM

And here's our member list as of right now. Obviously, this will get added to the OP once we get teams sorted out (and hopefully grow too).

n8rockerasu | n8rocker82 | CT | (all starting times) Su-Th: 6PM CT - 8PM CT, 11PM CT - 1AM CT, F-Sa: 6PM CT - 1AM CT

Matt Young | The Matt Young | PT | ?

Heidenreich | Jcariello | ET | ?

siradam134 | feroci0us1 | ET | ?

soliddragon | soliddragon | ET | Weeknights after 9:30PM ET

LVPatriots | MurdaModeLV | ET | ?

MrExtreme08 | MrExtreme08 | ET | ?

TheOmen242 | TheOmen24 | ET | After 10PM ET

Mog3526 | Mog3526 | ET | ?

Tanabeo | Tanabeo | CT | M-F: After 10:30PM CT (possibly earlier by appt), Sa-Su: very flexible

Panoramic15 | RevCottonMarcus | ET | flexible

Energy Penguin | hi FUNKsionING | ET | After 9PM ET