* * * * - 4 votes

Madden 16 Official CAG League - Spots Open! League Progressing! Draft! Panoramic15 Now Commissioner!

Madden 16 League Xbox One CAG Official Football

#151 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:09 AM

Does anyone know if the Broncos owner is available yet?

Well, he joined the league, so he should be. Have you tried messaging him?

#152 Mog3526   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   832 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:17 AM

I did just waiting for a reply.

#153 KasterDB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1272 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

KasterDB

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:17 AM

Sorry mog, busy night. I sent you a reply.

#154 TheOmen242   Mr. GoodGuy CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

TheOmen242

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:04 AM

Played my game today, be careful when recording something then going into upload to edit and share. I was in the 3rd qtr of my game earlier and it froze, had to restart but I finished it today so Cowboys ready to advance.

The Giants stuffed my run game so hard.

#155 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16928 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:26 AM

Played my game today, be careful when recording something then going into upload to edit and share. I was in the 3rd qtr of my game earlier and it froze, had to restart but I finished it today so Cowboys ready to advance.

The Giants stuffed my run game so hard.

Yeah, I feel like the XB1 is a very freeze happy console in general (though I've heard PS4 is too). I'm really really hoping the New Xbox Experience and the redesign of the UI can help with that.

I also can't stand how slow it is. Every time I pull up friends or messages and it has to show me the giant logo in the middle of my screen, I just want to punch something, lol. It bothers me so much that getting to my messages takes longer than it did on 360.

#156 Heidenreich  

Heidenreich

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:29 AM

Steelers lose a heart breaker 21 to 17. Made it until the final minute before I finally threw a madden pick. No way a d lineman jumps a route like that. GG Pats. I'm glad I didn't get worked.

#157 LVPatriots   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2029 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

LVPatriots

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:42 AM

That's my MLB Jamie Collins! I'd like to think he could! Great Game. I really messed up going into half, you made it very tough to dig out of that.

#158 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:54 AM

Bears guy, I sent you a PM and an XBL message regarding playing tomorrow.

#159 TheOmen242   Mr. GoodGuy CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

TheOmen242

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:54 AM

Andy Dalton had a good week. Wow, Vikings run game, that's scary. Breaking big runs is something I just cannot do.

Reading defenses and audible carve up my match ups is what I rely on until I get running better.

#160 TheOmen242   Mr. GoodGuy CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

TheOmen242

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:35 PM

Is there any way either the Packers or Bears player can stream the match? I think that would be a fun kind of idea on some of the player vrs player match ups during the season.

I am down to stream my games anytime. And definitely in the playoffs.

#161 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:41 PM

Not sure on my end. I've had difficulties streaming via Xbox One before. Still waiting on a reply from the Bears owner regarding a time. Hoping he can play today since tomorrow would be more difficult.

#162 KasterDB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1272 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

KasterDB

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:53 PM

Madden is way different than when I last played it two years ago. I feel like I don't read the field anywhere near as well as I used to, and I'm finding picking off the CPU is way more difficult than used to be too (except my game where I was fortunate enough to play Dan Orlovsky).

I'm sure it's a combination of skill atrophy and minor game adjustments but man it's frustrating to struggle in every CPU game so far.

#163 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16928 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:15 AM

Just turned on Madden and saw "Want OBJ?" in the menu. And I was like "dammit...I read that wrong..." lol :lol:

#164 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16928 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:17 AM

Madden is way different than when I last played it two years ago. I feel like I don't read the field anywhere near as well as I used to, and I'm finding picking off the CPU is way more difficult than used to be too (except my game where I was fortunate enough to play Dan Orlovsky).

I'm sure it's a combination of skill atrophy and minor game adjustments but man it's frustrating to struggle in every CPU game so far.

I've always felt that Madden is a game that is unforgiving if you stop playing it for too long. Not everything works the same every year (zone defense, run blocking, etc) and sometimes what the players can do even changes (hard cuts, jumping routes). It might take some time, but you'll pick it up and then your old skills will translate better.

#165 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:39 AM

Dear Bears Guy,

Please don't be dead. We need to play.

Sincerely,
Packers Guy

#166 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:14 AM

Dear Bears Guy,

Please don't be dead. We need to play.

Sincerely,
Packers Guy

If you don't hear from him by the time you go to bed tonight, let me know and I'll put him on auto.

#167 KasterDB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1272 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

KasterDB

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:01 AM

Broncos fall to the Ravens 31-24. Sloppy as hell, both teams with several, I had 5 I think. GG mog, I went into that really not expecting to be competitive and I couldn't believe it when I tied it up after being down 24-7. Then a Joe Flacco deep ball ruined everything (again).

#168 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16928 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:03 AM

Sooooo....this just happened in my online ranked game.

The guy was so pissed off because I had just scored the go ahead TD with like 0:24 left. Notice the time on the clock. :lol:

#169 Tanabeo   Houston Mountaineers CAGiversary!   1258 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:46 AM

Don't know why he is mad that clearly missed wide right

#170 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:12 PM

Awesome...went to put the Bears guy on autopilot (he's been MIA since Wednesday and hasn't responded to any messages) and after hitting "confirm", the game froze. So glad this still can't be handled from the website. If only EA could think of features people wanted 4 years ago.

#171 akathatoneguy   Use your turn signal CAGiversary!   1014 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

akathatoneguy

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:35 AM

If you don't hear from him by the time you go to bed tonight, let me know and I'll put him on auto.

Yeah, sorry about that, guys. I won't be able to play as my work schedule has changed pretty dramatically. I apologize for not getting back to you guys sooner. Hope everyone has a good season.

If you need me to manually quit out of the league, let me know and I'll get on later tonight and do so.

#172 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:19 AM

Yeah, sorry about that, guys. I won't be able to play as my work schedule has changed pretty dramatically. I apologize for not getting back to you guys sooner. Hope everyone has a good season.

If you need me to manually quit out of the league, let me know and I'll get on later tonight and do so.

No, that's ok. I can do it later. Thanks for letting us know.

#173 MrExtreme08  

MrExtreme08

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:26 AM

What happened in the league? I played my first game days ago and now I have to play the same game over again.

#174 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:17 AM

What happened in the league? I played my first game days ago and now I have to play the same game over again.

Ok...I really hope this isn't drawing my attention to a bigger problem...

Your game, MrExtreme08, is showing up as played. Not sure if you're just not seeing it that way or not. But it shows you as losing 13-10 to the Jets.

However, other games, that people have said they played are showing up as unplayed (at least for me). The Patriots v Steelers game is showing unplayed and started 0 times (though Heidenreich posted above that he lost 21-17).

Also, the Cowboys game vs the CPU Giants, which TheOmen242 said he had to play a second time because it froze the first time is showing as unplayed and started 0 times...

I have no idea if this is accurate or not, but it's time to advance...so, I'm just going to do it and see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Saved a couple screenshots as evidence.

week1games_1.jpg week1games_2.jpg

EDIT - Yikes, looking at those screenshots, I see two more I know were played that weren't recorded either. Dolphins vs CPU Redskins and Ravens vs Broncos. That's pretty freaking terrible that in a league with this few people, that many games didn't count. What the Fuck, EA?

#175 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:34 AM

Ok, we have advanced to Week 2. And yup...guess what. Those games were not recorded. The Pats vs Steelers game at least has a similar score. But the Cowboys vs Giants game ended up going the other way. Additionally, I can't speak for any injuries that may have been wiped out or did occur.

As I usually say...EA Sports. Though, considering the video I just saw Kaster post in his activity feed, this may be the least of our worries, lol.

Regardless...charging ahead, the Week 2 deadline is 9/22 at 11:59 PM ET.

God speed, gentlemen!

#176 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:47 PM

I was worried Packers/Bears wouldn't count. When I clicked on "exit/finish game", I got a permanent loading screen and had to restart the system.

#177 LVPatriots   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2029 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

LVPatriots

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:23 PM

Hey N8, if for some stupid reason this happens again could you please turn the injuries off before advancing?

Dont'a Hightower is dead

#178 siradam134   rawr. 'nuff said CAGiversary!   2261 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

siradam134

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:42 PM

So..i played my game Thursday night..... And won.

And now it shows a loss? (yes, i read your post n8...) What gives EA...what gives. This blows. lol. 

#179 TheOmen242   Mr. GoodGuy CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

TheOmen242

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:49 PM

I'll probably be dropping from the league until they patch the issues. MADDEN 16 is super buggy. Go ahead and computer the Cowboya, consider me dropped. I will not be playing the game until it's fixed.

#180 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:04 PM

Hey N8, if for some stupid reason this happens again could you please turn the injuries off before advancing?

Dont'a Hightower is dead

I can. But that might impact the consistency of when I can advance us since that would remove my ability to advance from the website. On top of that "if this happens again", I think people are going to start getting pretty upset. I realize you had a big injury...but at least the outcome of your game stayed the same. Could you imagine if you had a win taken away? See below:

So..i played my game Thursday night..... And won.

And now it shows a loss? (yes, i read your post n8...) What gives EA...what gives. This blows. lol. 

Yeah, that's terrible. Upon researching the issue, this is the only thing I've found that hints at what to do (other than the obvious: "wait for a patch")

http://www.gottabemo...problems-fixes/

What's really freaking annoying is when you create a franchise, Madden basically begs you to keep your save on "the cloud". It says "recommended" next to it, and then also informs you that it makes advancing the league quicker. What freaking commissioner is going to stare that in the face and say "no thanks"? Unfortunately, it doesn't inform me that doing your league that way will make it broken as shit.

I'll probably be dropping from the league until they patch the issues. MADDEN 16 is super buggy. Go ahead and computer the Cowboya, consider me dropped. I will not be playing the game until it's fixed.

I understand the sentiment...but you didn't lose anything from this, lol. You won your game and you didn't have any injuries. Sometimes I question if people look for excuses to drop. This is a big issue, but we always deal with big issues. The game is basically never programmed well. And the league moves on anyway. I rag on it because in general, EA is incompetent. but it's still the only football we have.

We just have to hash it out and decide what we want to do. Unless you just hate football and don't want to play it ever again, quitting seems a bit overdramatic.