* * * * - 4 votes

Madden 16 Official CAG League - Spots Open! League Progressing! Draft! Panoramic15 Now Commissioner!

Madden 16 League Xbox One CAG Official Football

#181 LVPatriots   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2029 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

LVPatriots

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:08 PM

Yea, I'm not worried about it. Just one player. I have a lot of user match ups this year so I'm looking forward to a great season!

#182 TheOmen242   Mr. GoodGuy CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

TheOmen242

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:28 PM

I understand the sentiment...but you didn't lose anything from this, lol. You won your game and you didn't have any injuries. Sometimes I question if people look for excuses to drop. This is a big issue, but we always deal with big issues. The game is basically never programmed well. And the league moves on anyway. I rag on it because in general, EA is incompetent. but it's still the only football we have.

We just have to hash it out and decide what we want to do. Unless you just hate football and don't want to play it ever again, quitting seems a bit overdramatic.

It's not about wins or loses. I just want it fair for everyone. I know I did not lose a win, heck Tony Tomo passed for more yards and tds than I did, as did my RB ran for more yards. People losing starters and legit games is just shitty.

I can play my 1 or 2 games a week if we want to continue playing a buggy game, but my statement was broad.

Why play a buggy game when I have so many other backlog good games that won't reset or lose stats.

#183 TheOmen242   Mr. GoodGuy CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

TheOmen242

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:30 PM

I hate wasting my time btw, I played 2 games. First one froze and 2nd one got wiped, you can sense my annoyance.

#184 IzzyDigilino  

IzzyDigilino

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:30 PM

Glad to see I'm not the only one surprised by these games not saving I definitely lost my game to the Bengals and hit ready to advance but it didn't save any of it o well the league moves on haven't had a chance to see the results of my game now but I'm ready for week 2 try it again

#185 KasterDB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1272 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

KasterDB

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:57 PM

Ok, we have advanced to Week 2. And yup...guess what. Those games were not recorded. The Pats vs Steelers game at least has a similar score. But the Cowboys vs Giants game ended up going the other way. Additionally, I can't speak for any injuries that may have been wiped out or did occur.

As I usually say...EA Sports. Though, considering the video I just saw Kaster post in his activity feed, this may be the least of our worries, lol.

Regardless...charging ahead, the Week 2 deadline is 9/22 at 11:59 PM ET.

God speed, gentlemen!

In case anyone was wondering, here you go.

A few things here:

At some point in the second half, Madden made me hurry up any time the clock was moving. I even stopped pressing A between plays, and they were still hurrying up. It was super frustrating.

Note the following players here. We have Vick Ballard, Colts backup halfback, taking the snap as Broncos QB. When Ballard touches the ball on the hurry up (again, that I was forced to do), it still says Manning. We also have number 90 for Indy at left guard attempting to block Frank Gore.

The result of this play was Vick Ballard took a sack as Broncos QB at the hands of Coby Fleener, Colts tight end. And yet the stat under the scoreline says that J. Newsome got the sack.

All in all, super weird, super confusing, and most importantly, just dumb as shit.

#186 Matt Young   Follow the buzzards CAGiversary!   15183 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Matt Young

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:24 PM

That reminds me- in the game vs. the Bears, I had a play like the one Nate shared a video of. I appeared to jump the snap and expected a penalty, but I was awarded a sack when my DT rolled over the center.

#187 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:49 PM

It's not about wins or loses. I just want it fair for everyone. I know I did not lose a win, heck Tony Tomo passed for more yards and tds than I did, as did my RB ran for more yards. People losing starters and legit games is just shitty.

I can play my 1 or 2 games a week if we want to continue playing a buggy game, but my statement was broad.

Why play a buggy game when I have so many other backlog good games that won't reset or lose stats.

I hate wasting my time btw, I played 2 games. First one froze and 2nd one got wiped, you can sense my annoyance.

I totally hear you, man. And fundamentally, I agree with absolutely everything you said. I've honestly said very similar things over the years. Truth be told, we all deserve a better game than the continuous shit that EA pedals off year after year.

But I've also learned to become a realist. EA makes this game. EA is the only one making a football game. And every year, EA put out a game that is littered with bugs and glitches. Last year, we couldn't use certain camera angles or the kicking arc graphic, or it would cause a desync and the game would disconnect. And In Madden 25, the game would sometimes lock up when you finished your franchise game.

These things happen year in and year out, so I guess at this point I'm numb to it. I really don't expect EA to make a not buggy game anymore. If you bought the game expecting that, then yikes...yeah, they kind of tricked you, lol.

But each of these past years...in spite of all the problems, we continue on and make the best of it. Why? Because we're all football fans, and this is the only game in town. It's obvious EA is aware of that too. But we do what we can to make the game better for ourselves.

#188 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:54 PM

Glad to see I'm not the only one surprised by these games not saving I definitely lost my game to the Bengals and hit ready to advance but it didn't save any of it o well the league moves on haven't had a chance to see the results of my game now but I'm ready for week 2 try it again

Yeah, based on that link I posted, the theory is that if you restart your franchise and don't use the cloud save feature, it will avoid this issue. The additional bonus we would receive from that is I could make sure to leave injuries off and none of us would lose players. Since we're so early...and this is a league we'll be playing in for the next 10 months, I'm kind of leaning this direction.

How would everybody feel about that? Obviously...we'd move as quickly as possible to get us back to where we are. And I would probably just leave injuries off from the get go, until we're settled in and sure that nothing is screwed up and that games are counting. I'd rather no injuries than ridiculous crap that we have no control over.

#189 MrExtreme08  

MrExtreme08

Posted 19 September 2015 - 11:23 PM

It doesn't matter to me if everyone wants to restart that's fine with me. I won my first game 17-14 @ last second then, lost 13-10 in overtime man I'm really BAD. I'm not used to using the Browns.

#190 TheOmen242   Mr. GoodGuy CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

TheOmen242

Posted 19 September 2015 - 11:40 PM

I totally hear you, man. And fundamentally, I agree with absolutely everything you said. I've honestly said very similar things over the years. Truth be told, we all deserve a better game than the continuous shit that EA pedals off year after year.

But I've also learned to become a realist. EA makes this game. EA is the only one making a football game. And every year, EA put out a game that is littered with bugs and glitches. Last year, we couldn't use certain camera angles or the kicking arc graphic, or it would cause a desync and the game would disconnect. And In Madden 25, the game would sometimes lock up when you finished your franchise game.

These things happen year in and year out, so I guess at this point I'm numb to it. I really don't expect EA to make a not buggy game anymore. If you bought the game expecting that, then yikes...yeah, they kind of tricked you, lol.

But each of these past years...in spite of all the problems, we continue on and make the best of it. Why? Because we're all football fans, and this is the only game in town. It's obvious EA is aware of that too. But we do what we can to make the game better for ourselves.

The last Madden I played for extended period before I quit altogether was madden 12 with Peyton hillis on cover, so yeh I did not know about all the bugs and such. I bought it because of a 4 year hiatus and believing things would be better.

Don't get me wrong the passing feels good and defense feels right, but man the glitches and little nuisances of the game really suck.

I am fine with continuing since nobody seems super bothered but for people that lost starters and had loses pop up for the I am 100% with restarting.

#191 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 19 September 2015 - 11:46 PM

Well, that's how EA basically gets by...with all their sports series really. They get pretty good reviews, and people always say "Well, it PLAYS pretty well...and it looks pretty." But when you get under the hood, it's usually bubble gum, scotch tape, and a freaking mess.

Also, I just checked, and it seems for online franchises, the cloud is the only option (which makes sense...but that's not how they worded it last year). I could have sworn the options looked different when I first created the league though. I don't even see the explanation of advancement being faster with cloud saves now. I would think I was just misremembering, but I don't know where I would have come up with that from.

Sooo...yeah, we might be stuck with this league as is for now. I'll try to do my best to turn injuries off before advancing though, as a precautionary measure. Unless I'm missing something, that might be our only line of defense against EA trying to shit all over our good time, lol.

#192 LVPatriots   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2029 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

LVPatriots

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:59 PM

I'm good with starting it over I'm not going to lose interest either way. Just please give us a day or to make cuts.

Pushing through and continuing the season is also a good option though, injuries happen, it's the NFL.

#193 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:17 PM

I'm good with starting it over I'm not going to lose interest either way. Just please give us a day or to make cuts.

Pushing through and continuing the season is also a good option though, injuries happen, it's the NFL.

Yeah, I went ahead and took out that part. Based on what I saw in game, I don't really think starting over would better us in a big enough way to be worth the trouble. Sure, it would fix the injuries, but there's no other way to do saves for online franchises. So, until a patch comes out, we have no way of avoiding games possibly not counting.

The weird thing is, I'm having trouble finding many other reports of it online. I briefly looked around Operation Sports last night, but their damn threads move so fast and have so many pages of people feeling the need to share their stats and awards from their offline franchises, it was hard to find any real information.

This problem can't just be happening to us though. If anybody else can find any other info on it, please feel free to share.

#194 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:28 PM

I tweeted the problem to that RexDEAFootball guy (Madden's creative director). Looking at other things people have tweeted to him though...yeah...it's pretty ugly. EA is working on a patch because online franchise could essentially blow up at any time...

#195 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:36 PM

Here's another user with similar problems. Actually, his whole feed is pretty hilarious. People just ripping EA a new one over yet again, releasing another broken game.

https://twitter.com/...39/with_replies

#196 siradam134   rawr. 'nuff said CAGiversary!   2261 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

siradam134

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:52 AM

just in case the game freaks out again...

Fins Lose to Jags 31-24

Tannehill threw for 382 yards....and 4 interceptions. just..ugly. lol

gg rev!

#197 Heidenreich  

Heidenreich

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:25 PM

Steelers are playing their CPU game after work today.  Waited until the end while this mess was sorted out

#198 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16945 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:59 AM

Ooook...I don't even know what I just played in my game against the CPU Lions, lol. If you look at the statistics, you'd think I was mining XP. But I could never take my starters out because the CPU kept blowing itself. Matt Stafford's accuracy was ridiculous, and almost any time I'd stop them, I'd get called for a bullshit penalty or they'd break a "safe" tackle and fall forward for 5-6 yards. Their offense just wouldn't go away.

Now, the defense on the other hand...good God. They kept giving me the outside so Jerick McKinnon had a field day. But AP, however, could hardly get going because they were stacking the box like crazy and just destroying the inside of my line. Weird ass game.

#199 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:50 AM

All right, injuries were turned off and we have advanced to Week 3. The only games I noticed showing as unplayed before advancing were Cowboys vs Eagles and Broncos vs Chiefs. There were also some communication problems with a couple of the other games. I know it's been bumpy thus far, but let's try to improve on that a bit, guys. We're all here to play football, so let's have fun and get these games done.

One other thing I noticed while looking at the schedule screen is that they commissioner can force wins this year. I wish I had known this sooner, since it only works for games that are unplayed (I think the idea is if somebody disconnects, you can award a win without making the person play the CPU).

What this means is if you play your game and then you see on the schedule that it didn't count, PLEASE let me know and I can at least force through the proper outcome. I feel like we're learning more about this game every day, haha. Maybe we'll get it running smoothly just yet.

Anyway, the deadline for Week 3 will be 9/26 at 11:59 PM ET.

#200 KasterDB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1272 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

KasterDB

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:16 PM

My bad, I was waiting till the last day and then completely forgot to play my game with FIFA coming out yesterday. I'll be sure to get them done going forward.

#201 TheOmen242   Mr. GoodGuy CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

TheOmen242

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:20 PM

Me and the Eagles had something setup but I think he appears offline, I was waiting for him around 10pm 2 days ago.

Oh well, Tony romo is killing it with both my games simulated lol. I am going to try play my game against the falcons tonoght.

#202 Energy Penguin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Energy Penguin

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:18 PM

Well, we never really set a time. You said 9 or 10. I'm not going to sit there for an hour waiting on invite. You've got to message me.

#203 TheOmen242   Mr. GoodGuy CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

TheOmen242

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:21 AM

Well, we never really set a time. You said 9 or 10. I'm not going to sit there for an hour waiting on invite. You've got to message me.

Set your gamertag to appear online. You are not catching the drift here. Even if you are on its not like anybody can see if you appear offline. Smh

#204 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:02 AM

Me and the Eagles had something setup but I think he appears offline, I was waiting for him around 10pm 2 days ago.

Oh well, Tony romo is killing it with both my games simulated lol. I am going to try play my game against the falcons tonoght.

Set your gamertag to appear online. You are not catching the drift here. Even if you are on its not like anybody can see if you appear offline. Smh

Times need to be scheduled. That's the expectation in here. And actually, in Madden, you can see if somebody is online even if they have their gamertag set to appear offline. You can either look in the Franchise menu where it shows the column of owners and who they play. Or you can go into settings and view "user teams". If somebody is on, they will have a green dot next to their name. Hopefully that will help in the future.

But yeah, if my opponent is even 20 minutes late, it messes with my whole night. This is an adult league, and people have obligations outside of sitting in front of an Xbox. Communicate, set a day/time, and show up. If somebody gives you a range, YOU pick a time in that range. Be proactive. Don't overcomplicate it by letting things be vague. Keep it simple. Get it done.

#205 IzzyDigilino  

IzzyDigilino

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:34 AM

Hey mrextreme08 when do you want to play our game just let me know

#206 siradam134   rawr. 'nuff said CAGiversary!   2261 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

siradam134

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:58 AM

Hey mrextreme08 when do you want to play our game just let me know

Please send him a pm. 

#207 TheN8torious   Shhh...I'm Invisible CAGiversary!   16945 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

TheN8torious

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:30 AM

Yeah, also...anybody who sends me an XBL message right now, Microsoft revoked my chat privileges for two weeks because I called a guy who was trying to cheat an "indigent cunt", so I can't respond to any messages for now (he was being one though...and of course MS cares more about "inappropriate language" than...you know, stopping cheating), haha.

Case in point why CAG messaging is important though. :)

#208 IzzyDigilino  

IzzyDigilino

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:14 PM

Please send him a pm.

We talked it's cool thanks tho

#209 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 27 September 2015 - 07:36 PM

We have advanced to Week 4. Sorry for the late advance. I forgot to do it last night before I turned my Xbox off. And because of those damn injuries, I didn't want to risk doing it from the website.

But we are advanced now. We'll do a round of free agency this week. I'll get the groups together and post them later today (kind of between errands right now).

Other than that, the Week 4 deadline will be 9/30.

#210 CAGLeagueSports   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2628 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

CAGLeagueSports

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:29 PM

Ok, guys. Here are the groups for free agency. For anyone who hasn't done this before, each team is allowed to sign ONE free agent. You MUST post in the thread who you are signing before doing so in game. Posting your pick in here is what "claims" the free agent (even if you're not available to load up the game to sign him right away). 

You also do not have to follow the order listed in the groups. Once it is your group's turn to pick, anybody within that group may make their selection.

Most of our rosters SHOULD be at 53 players (though I think a couple people might have been overzealous and cut too many...so make sure to count your players again). If you have 53 players, you'll need to cut someone to pick up a free agent. So, structure your post in the following format:

Team: Your Team

Player Added: Full Name, Position

Player Dropped: Full Name, Position

We have 16 members, so we'll do 3 groups.

Group 1 (May choose one free agent starting now)

1. Tennessee Titans

2. Denver Broncos

3. Cleveland Browns

4. Miami Dolphins

5. Pittsburgh Steelers

Group 2 (May choose one free agent starting 9/29 @ 7AM ET)

6. Seattle Seahawks

7. Jacksonville Jaguars

8. Philadelphia Eagles

9. Indianapolis Colts

10. Baltimore Ravens

Group 3 (May choose one free agent starting 9/30 @ 7AM ET)

11. Green Bay Packers

12. Oakland Raiders

13. Houston Texans

14. Minnesota Vikings

15. New England Patriots

16. Dallas Cowboys