Sams Club clearance Destiny and Knack - YMMV?

kannofan

CAGiversary!
They also had the PS3 and xbone Destiny. Nothing like finding a great deal on a Sunday morning!

EDIT: Including photos because my stupid iPhone didn't originally upload.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:16703]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find OP!   

The prices are not ymmv, they have been selling at that price for awhile now.   It is ymmv if they have any left though!   Especially knack.

would destiny be worth it at that price with the new one coming out in a week or whatever?

i heard you couldn't get the taken king stuff UNLESS you bought the new copy of destiny because it isn't DLC or some crap.

would destiny be worth it at that price with the new one coming out in a week or whatever?

i heard you couldn't get the taken king stuff UNLESS you bought the new copy of destiny because it isn't DLC or some crap.
Alot of content is locked off without having all the DLC in Destiny. At this price, you'd be better off to download the Destiny trial version which lets you get a feel for the game and carries on to the full version. If you decide you like it after maxing out the trial, the Taken King Legendary Edition that comes with the base game + all 3 DLC packs is the best overall value at 60 dollars and there's only a couple weeks left to wait.

Alot of content is locked off without having all the DLC in Destiny. At this price, you'd be better off to download the Destiny trial version which lets you get a feel for the game and carries on to the full version. If you decide you like it after maxing out the trial, the Taken King Legendary Edition that comes with the base game + all 3 DLC packs is the best overall value at 60 dollars and there's only a couple weeks left to wait.
if i was going to try it now, i'd take a version that has all the DLC. likewise, i just picked up and played Borderlands Handsome Collection, my first time playing BL2 since it came out and it was worth it at $35 (thank you Walmart).

There originally were some items (three Armor Shaders, three exotic class items with XP bonuses and three class-specific emotes) that were going to be exclusive to the digital $80 collectors version of Destiny/Taken King. However, Bungie said that since there were so many complaints from people who already owned Destiny and all current DLC and didn't want to pay $80 to re-buy much of the content they already owned just to get a few exclusives, they would release the exclusive content as DLC. They said the content would be $20 so if you already own everything, it'll cost you another $60 to get both the Taken King DLC and the exclusive content.

Unless you want to start leveling your character now or try to get the Year One extra content which requires you to either get to level 30 or buy both the Dark Below and House of Wolves DLC by 8/31, I'd wait and just buy the new Destiny when it comes out on 9/15.

Since the physical destiny taken king CE is oos at gamestop, buy the digital CE and you will get all the expansions, the base game and the extra crap. If you don't want the extra crap, the legendary edition is $60. This will allow you to start playing right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

No, just get the legendary edition for $59.99/$47.99 GCU. It has all the content.

Since the physical destiny taken king CE is oos at gamestop, buy the digital CE and you will get all the expansions, the base game and the extra crap. If you don't want the extra crap, the legendary edition is $60. This will allow you to start playing right now.
It is and isn't. Comes in and out of stock (must be people canceling). I got an order in about a week ago.

bread's done
Back