Windwaker HD Wii U (Refub) + Nintendoland & Zelda: Windwaker HD for $235 at Nintendo store

Not to be an ass... But it's been on their store for months at that price. $5 shipping from Redmond WA (ups ground)

That's where I bought mine.
Game pad looked brand new, actual console had two huge gouges at the USB ports on the back. Can't see it unless you look at the back panel. Front/top of the unit looks clean of scratches.

Yeah there are probably a couple older threads that mention this though the site search engine sucks so they may not be easily found.

Anyway, someone should just bump the Nintendo store deals thread that someone created not too long ago that has this and other Nintendo store deals listed in it.

At this point, I'm just hoping Wii U games are backwards compatible with the NX/whatever new console Nintendo creates so I don't have to bother with the Wii U this generation. Only a handful of games interest me, not enough to justify the 200+ price point.

At this point, I'm just hoping Wii U games are backwards compatible with the NX/whatever new console Nintendo creates so I don't have to bother with the Wii U this generation. Only a handful of games interest me, not enough to justify the 200+ price point.
Early reports indicate there will be no disc drive and Nintendo's new system will be DD only.

Which would make me extremely likely not to support their new system. And I really like Nintendo. But I'm old school and really like having physical copies of games.

The Wii U is a great console full of great software and this is a nice jumping in price point if you don't already own one.

If the Wii U doesn't interest you, I can't imagine what Nintendo's next console would offer that would, since their software has been more or less consistent over the last 30 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way anyone else keep getting error screen when you try to get past the choose shipping page?

Tempted, but I'm not gonna spend that much just to play Wind Waker. Really isn't anything else on the system worth playing to me, I don't really care about platformers anymore.

Early reports indicate there will be no disc drive and Nintendo's new system will be DD only.

Which would make me extremely likely not to support their new system. And I really like Nintendo. But I'm old school and really like having physical copies of games.
Ugh I hope that isn't true. Wasn't there an extremely negative reaction when Xbox One was initially introduced as having something similar? 9I remember distinctly they were planning to disallow used games or something). That decision may sink their console into the ground :/

The Wii U is a great console full of great software and this is a nice jumping in price point if you don't already own one.

If the Wii U doesn't interest you, I can't imagine what Nintendo's next console would offer that would, since their software has been more or less consistent over the last 30 years.
If the next console was backwards compatible, it would essentially allow me to play anything from the Wii U library (which does have a few games I'm interested in, namely Xenoblade Chronicles X, Bayonetta 2, the SMTXFE game, Smash, MK, etc.) as well as whatever new games their new console would come with. This essentially doubles the value of the new console, making it a much more worthwhile purchase. If it's not BC, I'll need to wait and see what games they come out with before purchasing.

I was thinking it might come out on both, but Pokken being announced for WiiU in spring makes me wonder if NX really will be delayed... unless it's more of a 3DS successor than WiiU successor.

Not to be an ass... But it's been on their store for months at that price. $5 shipping from Redmond WA (ups ground)

That's where I bought mine.
Game pad looked brand new, actual console had two huge gouges at the USB ports on the back. Can't see it unless you look at the back panel. Front/top of the unit looks clean of scratches.
How was the shipping box labeled? Zelda branded with the red refurb stripe or generic box?

How was the shipping box labeled? Zelda branded with the red refurb stripe or generic box?
Generic with the red stripe, sticker saying Zelda Gamepad.

2qjevkp.jpg

I was thinking it might come out on both, but Pokken being announced for WiiU in spring makes me wonder if NX really will be delayed... unless it's more of a 3DS successor than WiiU successor.
I think the success of Splatoon bought Nintendo some time. And if Mario Maker has the same impact, Nintendo can push the NX back a year to 2017. Which is probably what they originally had in mind before the Wii U tanked.

I think the success of Splatoon bought Nintendo some time. And if Mario Maker has the same impact, Nintendo can push the NX back a year to 2017. Which is probably what they originally had in mind before the Wii U tanked.
I had almost zero interest in the Wii U, until Mario Maker.

Thats when I started looking for a good deal on the console. Still want to get Splatoon, that stupid 2 hour demo over the weekend.. during work hours... fuck Nintendo. Only day I could have possibly played it was Sunday.. but ended up being out of town.

I agree that Splatoon and Mario Maker gave the Wii U some much needed life support.

i think youre right. and if NX gets pushed that makes the new Zelda on Wii U more likely. hmmm been thinking about gifting my Wii U to my little bro for Christmas but might have to hold onto it now.

Don't think it works like that. They already have the new system mostly planned out. And games are in development for it. They aren't going to sit on that stuff except for a miracle turnaround. Plus NX likely isn't just a console successor. IT's also likely the next-gen handheld platform. In other words it will be a software platform that allows them to release the same games on whatever hardware form factors they choose to make. Think iOS or Windows or OSX.

bread's done
Back