Preorder - Back to The Future Bluray Steelbook at Target $29.99

Just saw this on Target.com. Didnt see it posted here. Back to the future bluray Steelbook (target exclusive). http://m.target.com/p/back-to-the-future-30th-anniversary-trilogy-steelbook-blu-ray-target-exclusive/-/A-46760643
Holy shit, you can get the trilogy collection for just a few bucks more the same damn price on Amazon.

Packaging and digital copy woes aside, the trilogy was amazing too. Some of my favorite extras/commentaries out of all the collections I've seen.

I love steelbooks and BTTF is one of my favorite movies ever but this price is just way too damn high.

Last edited:
[quote name="rcerboss" post="12884192" timestamp="1440522927"]Holy shit, you can get the trilogy collection for just a few bucks more the same damn price on Amazon.

Packaging and digital copy woes aside, the trilogy was amazing too. Some of my favorite extras/commentaries out of all the collections I've seen.

I love steelbooks and BTTF is one of my favorite movies ever but this price is just way too damn high.[/quote]

Sorry should have said. This is the Trilogy. 30th Anniversary Trilogy Steelbook.

Mods can u add trilogy to the title

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry should have said. This is the Trilogy. 30th Anniversary Trilogy Steelbook. Mods can u add trilogy to the title
Oh, damn. My fault, I didn't realize it was the whole trilogy. Now I am tempted lol.

I do watch these a lot and while the old BTTF trilogy packaging wasn't as bad as cardboard sleeves it was pretty shitty.

Last edited:
Are you trying to be the new Mercer or something? Those edgy posts....
mercer may have been a giant douche, though he at least had enough braincells to knock together to make a valid argument. starmask's thinking ability is like bringing a dull butter knife to a machinegun fight.

very tempting even though i have the last blu ray anniversary already.  I just wish these were individual steelbooks like the Zavvi ones.

has anyone every used the pre-order system with Target and movies? If so how is it and do you get the item on release date? Any feedback would help
You likely won't get the item on release date. I've had at least one or two pre-orders from Target.com not ship out even after release date, so I canceled them and either did in-store pickup on release date or bought it directly in-store.

This is my first pre order from target, in store pick up wasn't an option so can anyone answer this question, Do they charge immediately or like the day before or day of the item shipping?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but one of my friends gave me a copy this past weekend.  He had two that he bought to resell, and both copies were returned with the buyers claiming that there were two copies of BttF 2 discs and no BttF 1.   Does anyone know if there was a known issue with the Target exclusive steelbooks?

All three UV codes were good in the copy he gave me, so I doubt two separate buyers were pulling a scam.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but one of my friends gave me a copy this past weekend. He had two that he bought to resell, and both copies were returned with the buyers claiming that there were two copies of BttF 2 discs and no BttF 1. Does anyone know if there was a known issue with the Target exclusive steelbooks?

All three UV codes were good in the copy he gave me, so I doubt two separate buyers were pulling a scam.
I'm sure pretty the disc issue is a true thing. I remember a thread on blu-ray.com about it. I bet if you return the set to Target and explain the issue they will grant you an exchange if they still have some.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but one of my friends gave me a copy this past weekend. He had two that he bought to resell, and both copies were returned with the buyers claiming that there were two copies of BttF 2 discs and no BttF 1. Does anyone know if there was a known issue with the Target exclusive steelbooks?

I had this happen when I went to pick up my in-store pickup order, as the CS rep that was they had an issue where a previous purchaser have the same issue and had to go through three copies before they found one that was correct.

I opened mine when I was there at pickup time I didn't have the issue with my copy. I remember it, though didn't see anything get posted about it on places like Blu-Ray.com, so I'm not sure how widespread it was.

Worst case, contact Universal (I think it was Universal, if not them, then whoever made it), claim it was a gift and have them send you just the missing BttF 1 disc.

I had this happen when I went to pick up my in-store pickup order, as the CS rep that was they had an issue where a previous purchaser have the same issue and had to go through three copies before they found one that was correct.

I opened mine when I was there at pickup time I didn't have the issue with my copy. I remember it, though didn't see anything get posted about it on places like Blu-Ray.com, so I'm not sure how widespread it was.

Worst case, contact Universal (I think it was Universal, if not them, then whoever made it), claim it was a gift and have them send you just the missing BttF 1 disc.
Well, since it is a known reported issue, I think I'm going to do that. No harm in asking. Thanks guys!

I'm patiently waiting for a cheap sale/glitch because I have one sitting at my store since release that I see and rehide everyday lol

Well, since it is a known reported issue, I think I'm going to do that. No harm in asking. Thanks guys!
Fast forward almost two months and lo and behold, a Part I replacement disc showed up today! It's the color art, so it doesn't match the other two discs in the set with the blue on silver, but I'm not going to complain. Now a have an extra Part II disc that I need to decide what to do with.

Thanks again guys for the advice!

bread's done
Back