Virginia News Anchor Shoots Former Co-workers On Air

DNukem170

Banned
In case you haven't heard, Vester Flanagan, a former VA ABC Affiliate reporter, walked up to a live interview between reporter Allison Parker and Vicki Gardner and opened fire while the segment was still live. He unloaded 6 or 7 shots, killing Parker and cameraman Adam Ward and wounding Granger.

Flanagan, who went under the name Bryce Williams when he worked at the station, was fired years ago. He had also filmed the shooting with his cell phone and uploaded the video to his Facebook and Twitter accounts, though both have been taken down.

Flanagan was chased by police until he shot and killed himself.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/26/us/virginia-shooting-wdbj/

Yeah, this was crazy. I saw both the news broadcast that someone DVR'd and the cell phone video the shooter uploaded to Twitter. It's chilling that this is our reality now. The guy basically live tweeted his rampage.

Every time these things happen, we get different reactions. School shooting: arm the teachers, theater shooting: metal detectors and searches. At some point, this just isn't the same country anymore. We used to hear these stories about other countries (some we'd even call "third world") and say "Glad that's not us." Not the case anymore.

I regret watching the video from the shooter's perspective earlier. That shit was really disturbing and affected me more than I had anticipated.

I had to watch it just to wrap my head around it. The guy had an escape all planned out (had a rental car booked in advance and switched cars after fleeing)...but yet had no problem broadcasting to the world that he did it. I mean, I guess deranged is deranged...but it's just insane that people were killed on live TV today.

I also found it odd that places were so careful about not showing the video out of respect for the families, but the AP (and other sources) had no qualms about using a still image from it...of the frame right before he pulls the trigger. Like "Hey, here's a POV shot of the guy about to murder your loved one...and here's the murder weapon...and here's her last breathing moment. But we're not going to show you the video because THAT would be insensitive..."

i love how some of the media  is now trying to make the killer the victim of all of this. If only they did not treat him like this it would of never happened.  STFU

bread's done
Back