The Destiny Play it Forward Thread

SlaughterX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (90%)
So a lot of current players are going to be upgrading to the Legendary Edition of this game, which means they will have a two copies of this game. What to do with the old disc... trade it in to GameStop for $5 (I have no idea how much the trade in credit is but it can't be high), give it to a friend that you have been bugging to play with you, or send it to another CAGer that has yet to try it?

I'll probably do the second option, but for all you guys with out friends, you should totally send it to a fellow CAGer! Not only that, but you should help them through the game, or at least their first VoG raid. I think this would help more people appreciate this game for free (I'd have the person you're sending it to pay shipping, but that's just me, I'm cheap).

So basically after playing through the campaign and through a raid that person would know if it's worth upgrading to the Legendary version of the game too, or if it's not their cup of tea pass it on to the next person. Either way the game keeps moving and everyone is happy.

Good idea or no? Any volunteers?

So a lot of current players are going to be upgrading to the Legendary Edition of this game, which means they will have a two copies of this game. What to do with the old disc... trade it in to GameStop for $5 (I have no idea how much the trade in credit is but it can't be high), give it to a friend that you have been bugging to play with you, or send it to another CAGer that has yet to try it?

I'll probably do the second option, but for all you guys with out friends, you should totally send it to a fellow CAGer! Not only that, but you should help them through the game, or at least their first VoG raid. I think this would help more people appreciate this game for free (I'd have the person you're sending it to pay shipping, but that's just me, I'm cheap).

So basically after playing through the campaign and through a raid that person would know if it's worth upgrading to the Legendary version of the game too, or if it's not their cup of tea pass it on to the next person. Either way the game keeps moving and everyone is happy.

Good idea or no? Any volunteers?
1) It's not CAGer, that'd be a cheapassgamerer :p

2) Excellent idea, but thing is a lot of us are cheap on this site. I wouldn't mind sending my Destiny disc to a fellow CAG, but why do that when you could just trade it in at BB, GS, Walmart, Amazon, etc?

3) Lastly, I'm sure people already see Destiny in a poor light. They've probably heard about its shortcomings and even at $5 shipping for a copy, they'd probably never play it.

Great idea, but will it be executed? Most likely not :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a reason people are "upgrading" to the Legendary Edition (the pack that comes w/ both DLC?) -- the DLC come in codes, they arent on disc.

The only reason I could see is if they never bought the DLC at all in the first place.

If anyone is paying forward an xbox one copy, I'll gladly pay shipping. Mr brother plays it like crazy, so I can try it with him. Thanks.

bread's done
Back