* - - - - 2 votes

best buy DOTD Splatoon and destiny

destiny splatoon best buy

#61 neb9  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:39 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! oh man thats a good one. Thanks, i needed a good laugh

It's true. If you have a decent PC, the Wii U will serve your console needs.

#62 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1903 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:57 PM

Still not true. You'll need a Wii U and a PS4 go with your PC. Why PS4? There are many Japanese niche games exclusive to the PS4. This is the combo I have this gen. I usually get all consoles every gen but this time, I'm leaving the Xbox behind because it lacks Japanese support unlike the last 2 systems.

As for Splatoon, I played the online demo that was available last weekend for a little bit and kind of like it, so I'm in for one today. It's just amazing how Nintendo's first party games always utilize and optimize to the system's capabilities so perfectly. Mostly steady 60FPS in just about every title.

#63 FunkyDawg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   527 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:59 PM

I guess it depends. I have a 2015 Alienware laptop I got a few months ago and  the desktop I built last year has 8 cores and a sick graphics card. I also own a PS4 and a WiiU because I find PC gamers online very ANNOYING. PS4 kids can be annoying sometimes but I have this feeling that a lot of PC gamers probably never get out of their house or shower for that matter just by talking to them. 

#64 HandsomeDan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

HandsomeDan

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:19 PM

I can agree with FunkyDawg's sentiment about a lot of the attitude of PC Gamers online. I've got a nice CUSTOM SLI rig with multi monitor gaming set up, but I still play a lot of games on the PS4 because the players are USUALLY less irritating (as long as I stay away from games that include "Call of Duty" in the title, lol). The Wii U just has experiences you won't find on PC or other consoles, and despite the lower hardware I'm impressed with how it runs so clean and smooth.

#65 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4460 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:49 PM

Well if you don't mind some inferior ports, or waiting for the company to fix said ports.

Looking at WB here.

I know it's not PC's fault they get the crappy ports, it's the publishers not caring because PC is the smallest market and has really grown in profits.. but it's still one of the downsides of PC gaming.

I play whatever feels right to me at the moment, and while I do have a good gaming rig I almost never use it due to personal reasons.

I guess it depends. I have a 2015 Alienware laptop I got a few months ago and  the desktop I built last year has 8 cores and a sick graphics card. I also own a PS4 and a WiiU because I find PC gamers online very ANNOYING. PS4 kids can be annoying sometimes but I have this feeling that a lot of PC gamers probably never get out of their house or shower for that matter just by talking to them. 

Agreed, I really hate how pretencious and entitled PC gaming has become. Not to mention the over abundance of exploits and hacks that have cropped up as of late.

The environment of most competitive games on PC are down right toxic to the point that muting everyone at the beginning of the match is the way to go.

(Though I admit, I do that on PS4/XB1 as well)

#66 dannyboy235   CAG Master Banned   414 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

dannyboy235

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:01 PM

I picked up Splatoon last week with the K-Mart deal for $30, love the game! Strongly recommend it to anyone who owns a Wii U, easily the best online multi-player on the console and one of the best games on the Wii U period.

I bought this on your say so. I'm gonna beat your ass if it sucks! I kid, but lemme know gamertags, names, friendship codes, whatever the hell it is for the wii u to play with people!

#67 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4460 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:03 PM

I bought this on your say so. I'm gonna beat your ass if it sucks! I kid, but lemme know gamertags, names, friendship codes, whatever the hell it is for the wii u to play with people!

It really doesn't let you play with friends beyond joining their games.

Still fun.

#68 Kotor15   Banned Banned   3099 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:48 PM

If your setup isn't strictly PC, Vita and Wii U this gen, you're doing it wrong.

#69 sovereignNX-73811   rolling (over) back in style CAGiversary!   5692 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:52 PM

Well if you don't mind some inferior ports, or waiting for the company to fix said ports.

Looking at WB here.

I know it's not PC's fault they get the crappy ports, it's the publishers not caring because PC is the smallest market and has really grown in profits.. but it's still one of the downsides of PC gaming.

I play whatever feels right to me at the moment, and while I do have a good gaming rig I almost never use it due to personal reasons.

Agreed, I really hate how pretencious and entitled PC gaming has become. Not to mention the over abundance of exploits and hacks that have cropped up as of late.

The environment of most competitive games on PC are down right toxic to the point that muting everyone at the beginning of the match is the way to go.

(Though I admit, I do that on PS4/XB1 as well)

I was on Star Trek Online a few months ago. Some people are good, others troll and debate over random stuff and politics and religion which kills a lot of the experience. My little bro was playing War Thunder some days ago someone reported him for an honest mistake. One time I was over his shoulder and his team was losing and someone was all "U noobAssTeam" while my bro was making all the kills. 

So I guess it's fairly bad. At least when we failed on Destiny matches we'd all be like, "yeah sorry about that" and move on.

If your setup isn't strictly PC, Vita and Wii U this gen, you're doing it wrong.

Hmm...The Vita part...you're just saying that to gain Whoknows' favor...and get on his sig. Waitaminute aren't you already on there?

#70 Pokechaos480   Banned Banned   3685 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Pokechaos480

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:52 PM

All you need is a vita. Vita is gaming. Vita Is life.

#71 Kotor15   Banned Banned   3099 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:56 PM

Hmm...The Vita part...you're just saying that to gain Whoknows' favor...and get on his sig. Waitaminute aren't you already on there?

I'm strictly mobile so I don't even see sigs. I must check this out!

#72 Raikouen  

Raikouen

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:57 PM

Thanks OP! I'll probably bite on Destiny in about an hour when my gf gets home with the car (I'm sorry, but I'm not making a 3-hour round trip walk in the Florida sun). I'm going to debate on it until then as I do own the 360/X1 digital version (free upgrade) and rarely play it, but that's because I have no friends to play with where about half a dozen PSN friends still play it regularly....

#73 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:58 PM

I was on Star Trek Online a few months ago. Some people are good, others troll and debate over random stuff and politics and religion which kills a lot of the experience. My little bro was playing War Thunder some days ago someone reported him for an honest mistake. One time I was over his shoulder and his team was losing and someone was all "U noobAssTeam" while my bro was making all the kills. 

So I guess it's fairly bad. At least when we failed on Destiny matches we'd all be like, "yeah sorry about that" and move on.

sovereign, u still play star trek online? lol

i am looking for some pc gamers to play games with.

#74 Raikouen  

Raikouen

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:00 PM

I'm doing PS4/X1/PC/Vita. I had a Wii U and 3DS but used them so rarely they literally got covered in dust (Wii U Gamepad and 3DS system) to the point where I had to wipe them off if I wanted to use them. I sold both for a decent amount, made my money back on the Wii U and got about $140 for the 3DS and Zelda OOT without a charger.

#75 Kotor15   Banned Banned   3099 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:01 PM

I'm doing PS4/X1/PC/Vita. I had a Wii U and 3DS but used them so rarely they literally got covered in dust (Wii U Gamepad and 3DS system) to the point where I had to wipe them off if I wanted to use them. I sold both for a decent amount, made my money back on the Wii U and got about $140 for the 3DS and Zelda OOT without a charger.

Are you at least paying Destiny at least 40 hours a week? If so, you're forgiven.

#76 sovereignNX-73811   rolling (over) back in style CAGiversary!   5692 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:04 PM

sovereign, u still play star trek online? lol

Haven't been on it since like the second day of that Risa summer event. Then I went to play Tales of Graces...and I still need to kick Richard's Lambda-possessed butt. *sigh* Distractions. 

#77 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4460 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:42 PM

I'm strictly mobile so I don't even see sigs. I must check this out!

I literally have anything this gen, and have had everything since the 3rd Gen.

Just wish I could get many of the consoles I sold back.

#78 Raikouen  

Raikouen

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:47 PM

Are you at least paying Destiny at least 40 hours a week? If so, you're forgiven.

I actually just posted right before, I have Destiny but hardly play it because I have nobody to play with. That's why I'm interested in this deal, because I do have PS4 friends to play with, but my 360 and X1 friends either only play Ghosts or watch Netflix.

#79 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4460 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:57 PM

I actually just posted right before, I have Destiny but hardly play it because I have nobody to play with. That's why I'm interested in this deal, because I do have PS4 friends to play with, but my 360 and X1 friends either only play Ghosts or watch Netflix.

I bought the collectors edition of Destiny, I played through all the primary content the first night.

After that I barely touched it aftwards save for some PVP and the occassional mission or new char.

After 2 weeks, I traded it in to BestBuy for the 50% trade in bonus.

Everytime DLC has been released, I'd pick the game up from Redbox and play the new content within an hour or so and return it the following day.

Very underwhelming.

#80 trip1eX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1599 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:09 PM

Pcgaming crowd much more tolerable cause I can't hear them. 

#81 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4460 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:18 PM

Pcgaming crowd much more tolerable cause I can't hear them. 

You can mute on any platform

#82 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:45 PM

You can mute on any platform

it is mostly annoying chat filling out the screen in pc gaming

#83 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10861 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:55 PM

FYI for those considering Destiny.  It will be 60 GB on this gen and 30 GB on last gen when The Taken King launches.

#84 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4460 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:07 PM

Is it really that great? It looks like a Call of Duty rip-off to me.

I really hope this is sarcasm.

It's closer to a Ratchet and Clank, Shooter Platformer.

#85 Narukami   http://i.imgur.com/J8SRXIT.jpg The hype is dead. CAGiversary!   2280 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 12:24 AM

You must be new here.

#86 sovereignNX-73811   rolling (over) back in style CAGiversary!   5692 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:33 AM

Did you say...Ratchet & Clank? Ah... Fuck my $30 and the $10 certificates. I'm in.

#87 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4460 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2015 - 05:46 AM

Did you say...Ratchet & Clank? Ah... Fuck my $30 and the $10 certificates. I'm in.

To me, it's Nintendo's take on a Shooter-Platformer akin to Ratchet and Clank.

The closest example would be Deadlocked, the campaign is fun but you're pretty much locked to a single weapon but with some awesome bosses across many stages.

The multiplayer is fun, and the do updates and extra maps, weapons, game types, and clothes regularly.

#88 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3784 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:45 AM

Splatoon is so cool! First I'm a kid but then I'm a squid!

#89 dannyboy235   CAG Master Banned   414 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

dannyboy235

Posted 29 August 2015 - 12:39 PM

Played Splatoon for some time last night. It was pretty fun until I figured out how to use charged specials. Now i LOVE it. Now im raping face with splattershot Jr haha!