Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition [Canadian Options]

VetraX

CAGiversary!
This,

original.jpg

was recently announced, and actually went up on American Amazon yesterday and sold out in, um, maybe 2 hours, I'm gonna guess.

As of right now I don't see any Canadian retailers with a placeholder for this Special Edition. The regular edition is currently $69.99 at Best Buy and VG Plus, and $79.99 at Walmart.

I'm going to update this thread as soon as I'm able to find out if Canada will receive it. If anyone here knows more, tell us in the comments below, as it would be really appreciated; this SE looks great.

Asking price for NA is $89.99, so expect it to cost at least $100+ here. Honestly, for that price it doesn't seem worth it to me. The extras are a bit disappointing.

As of right now I don't see any Canadian retailers with a placeholder for this Special Edition. The regular edition is currently $69.99 at Best Buy and VG Plus, and $79.99 at Walmart.

I'm going to update this thread as soon as I'm able to find out if Canada will receive it. If anyone here knows more, tell us in the comments below, as it would be really appreciated; this SE looks great.
PLEASE do if you find out where we can get it!

It came and went on Gamestop.com today, might've lasted 8 hours? If anybody cares to look at a listing that was never available to us:

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/xenoblade-chronicles-x-special-edition/125408?utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=deeplink&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-6glHMxHGkxis9fRFM6V4nw

I find it amusing that Bestbuy.ca now pops up a related search for the special edition when they don't have it (yet). I'm guessing a lot of people have searched "xenoblade chronicles x special edition" and their sites search engine picked up on it.

It's on Gamestop.com:

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/xenoblade-chronicles-x-special-edition/125408

It's been up for 9-10 hours and hasn't soldout yet. I does ship up to Canada, for $20. I just threw an order in that I'll hopefully cancel when a Canadian option happens.
Expect it to cost $100-$120+ in Canada. I've seen games going up another $5 around here as well. Getting to the point where, I just pre-order during deals, and only get the normal editions anymore.

Expect it to cost $100-$120+ in Canada. I've seen games going up another $5 around here as well. Getting to the point where, I just pre-order during deals, and only get the normal editions anymore.
And, if by some stupid fuck it doesn't get released here (or in any real quantity's), you can expect it to cost >$200 plus $40 shipping on eBay.

Although the restock still hasn't soldout, after nearly a day. So it shouldn't be the worst case scenario.

Edit: If you thought I was exaggerating the resale rape potential, I just glanced at eBay. Only one sold @ $220 + $60 shipping, USD:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Xenoblade-Chronicles-X-Special-Collectors-Edition-Wii-U-WiiU-Pre-order-/221880302796?hash=item33a918bccc

Last edited by a moderator:
And, if by some stupid fuck it doesn't get released here (or in any real quantity's), you can expect it to cost >$200 plus $40 shipping on eBay.

Although the restock still hasn't soldout, after nearly a day. So it shouldn't be the worst case scenario.

Edit: If you thought I was exaggerating the resale rape potential, I just glanced at eBay. Only one sold @ $220 + $60 shipping, USD:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Xenoblade-Chronicles-X-Special-Collectors-Edition-Wii-U-WiiU-Pre-order-/221880302796?hash=item33a918bccc
Wow, someone actually paid $200+ for it...The bonuses don't even justify that pricing.

Xenoblade Chronicles itself without any extras was approaching that price point for sealed NTSC-U copies before it had its reprint a year or 2 ago. I think it was regularly fetching $150-$170 on eBay. And Xenoblade Chronicles wasn't hard in the slightest to get when it was released, the only issue was that it was Gamestop exclusive.

Unavailable. I'm never going to get one :(
Well, popped up and soldout while I was at work... While I've literally refreshed Amazon (and every other possible Canadian retailer) 2-4 times a day since it was announced in August. *sighs* It's *still* available from Gamestop.com and ships to Canada, if anybody cares.

You know, amazon.ca recently cancelled my Dragon Quest Heroes Collector's Edition order without notice (had to get it from the Square Enix store at the last minute).
What the fuck, that's not cool.

Well, I ended up with preorders on both amazon.com (139CDN) and amazon.ca (149CDN)

If Indeed I do get both by mail, I'll be willing to sell the 149$ copy to someone in Montreal.

Live at EB for $125:

https://www.ebgames.ca/Wii%20U/Games/721809/xenoblade-chronicles-x-special-edition

I don't think there's any rush seeing as Bestbuy still has it up. So I suspect the allocation numbers are like the USA. Amazon got basically none, and blew them out first to drive hype, then Bestbuy/EB both get tons and make mad sales. That seems pretty clever, they've probably tricked a bunch of scalpers into hoarding dozens of copies.

Edit: Gawd, I just glanced at completed listings on eBay, and stupids are still overpaying for it. It has been readily available every single day since mid-September for the MSRP (maybe plus shipping depending on locations). I'm tempted to hoard a few myself, they're probably being made to order...

Small bump. I see this is presoldout now, meaning it is actually limited and resale values will skyrocket. It is still available from Gamestop USA if you foolishly want it and didn't get your preorder in.

Also yesterdays Nintendo Direct announced a Fire Emblem Special Edition and a Twilight Princess HD amiibo bundle. Both were promptly tossed onto the US Amazon & Bestbuy and soldout quickly. I don't see any reason to get hyped over the Twilight Princess bundle, as every single amiibo bundle like it has "soldout" then restocked enough to become almost common.

Edit: Throwing in a tentative Fire Emblem preorder on Gamestop USA is a good idea, it just went live:

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/fire-emblem-fates-special-edition/126802

Shipping is $20 up to here, but that'll be cheap if you we don't get it up here... The SE is the only way to get all 3 versions of the game physically.

Small bump. I see this is presoldout now, meaning it is actually limited and resale values will skyrocket. It is still available from Gamestop USA if you foolishly want it and didn't get your preorder in.

Also yesterdays Nintendo Direct announced a Fire Emblem Special Edition and a Twilight Princess HD amiibo bundle. Both were promptly tossed onto the US Amazon & Bestbuy and soldout quickly. I don't see any reason to get hyped over the Twilight Princess bundle, as every single amiibo bundle like it has "soldout" then restocked enough to become almost common.

Edit: Throwing in a tentative Fire Emblem preorder on Gamestop USA is a good idea, it just went live:

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/fire-emblem-fates-special-edition/126802

Shipping is $20 up to here, but that'll be cheap if you we don't get it up here... The SE is the only way to get all 3 versions of the game physically.
I was going to pre-order the SE for Fire Emblem, but then Nintendo announced the discount for people who bought one version. Since I already pre-ordered one version off Amazon during their E3 deal, I'll wait for Nintendo to announce the discount price.

Might come out cheaper for all 3.

Also, regarding the Twilight Princess bundle. Judging from the last two bundles for Zelda, I doubt Nintendo will restock this one.

I only just got mine last night from Best Buy; they held it at their Richmond, BC shipping facility over the weekend, but for whatever reason delivered it on a Sunday :\ not sure about Amazon, but they have been selling overstock/cancellations in the last few days, so maybe they're processing those along with yours?

The game is great. You could say I'm really feeling it. The art book is gorgeous and on par with video game art works that are sold separately. The USB drive is surprisingly sturdy, solid, but apparently there's a DRM issue when attempting to copy the files on it onto a PC. Overall a really nice package.

Thought mine would be in today from bestbuy but nope, it's fine though, still playing fallout 4. Should for sure be in tomorrow though.

I got the regular edition from Amazon as part of their 30% of preorder deal during E3, and I'm not entirely sure what happened, but the other two games seem as though they're barely discounted, and I'm getting Xenoblade for about $20. Since the other two games (Fire Emblem and Star Fox) come out later, I'm considering cancelling those preorders and just enjoying the savings.

The $20 drop was a price error. But Amazon price protects, so every single person that preordered before the error got in on it. Don't cancel Fire Emblem and Star Fox before you need to, who knows, they could be $1 :lol:

I personally keep a spreadsheet listing the games I've ordered, their release dates and their prices broken down. So it's simple to keep track of what's coming up and verify what I'll expect to pay and whatnot.

The $20 drop was a price error. But Amazon price protects, so every single person that preordered before the error got in on it. Don't cancel Fire Emblem and Star Fox before you need to, who knows, they could be $1 :lol:

I personally keep a spreadsheet listing the games I've ordered, their release dates and their prices broken down. So it's simple to keep track of what's coming up and verify what I'll expect to pay and whatnot.
I was wondering why my copy was $20. With the 30% promo, I paid $15 in total.

Ah mystery solved. Thanks!

I finally got mine from Amazon.ca today, with all corners crushed. Complained and got an extra 20% on top of my previous 30%. I'll take it this time but man their shipping department is getting shittier by the day.

I finally got mine from Amazon.ca today, with all corners crushed. Complained and got an extra 20% on top of my previous 30%. I'll take it this time but man their shipping department is getting shittier by the day.
This is why I pre-order all my CEs with EBGames.

bread's done
Back