Refurbished 2DS 60$ @ Nintendo store

Just happened to be checking when I saw that they were 60
https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=cat200006
Only the original colors are available
This is a sweet deal, so tempting. My 8 year old already has a 3 DS XL and at some point we want to buy or 4 year old his own, but we are leaning towards getting him a NEW 3DS XL just in case Nintendo wants to F us over and release NEW 3DS only compatible games like Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.

This is a sweet deal, so tempting. My 8 year old already has a 3 DS XL and at some point we want to buy or 4 year old his own, but we are leaning towards getting him a NEW 3DS XL just in case Nintendo wants to F us over and release NEW 3DS only compatible games like Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.
Well i definitely recommend a 2ds over a new 3ds xl for a four year old. Not only will it save you 140 dollars but it is much more durable. I bought one at the price and have played it even more than my new 3ds xl. Also since The new 3ds is glossy it gets dirty really quick and even though I have been extremely careful I dropped it once and it left a mark on the edge. And as for exclusives I feel they will only be like bigger and complex titles like xenoblade so you won't miss out on much

Get the 2ds, got it for my son and honestly I think at that age they can't even tell the difference
True. We told our then 5-6 year old that he has to wait till 8 to use the 3D feature. He asked to use it a few days back and turned it off after a few minutes saying it hurt his eyes. I'm more concerned about the screens getting scratched if it doesn't fold.

Was planning on getting a 2DS for my kid. This is hard to pass up. Can anyone comment on the quality of Nintendo's refurbs?

Picked up one of the Crystal Red refurb 2DS units back during the July 4th sale and it's pristine-- absolutely looks new except for a sticker (in Spanish) on the back, saying it's refurbished. Even came in a basically "new" box, except with the disclaimer language about it being a refurb printed on. The only thing that looked amiss was the AC adapter's cable wasn't wound super tightly and was a bit spaghetti, but otherwise the system has been absolutely perfect.

I'm normally really hesitant to buy refurbs of anything, especially portable electronics, but the quality of Nintendo's job is excellent.

For those wondering about quality, I bought two of these when they had the sale in July.  Both were in very good condition without any signs of use really.

This is most likely a price drop, considering the old price was $75 when a new one was $129.

As asked and responded in every single Nintendo refurb thread, N's refurbs are probably the best you'll ever find.

Stupid question, but any chance these come with Mario Kart 7 installed?  Didn't they ship that with all 2ds units? 

Not with all of them, no. The refurbs I got did not, either, and I honestly wouldn't expect them to.
Thanks much. It sounds like these consoles come in great shape from all the CAGs talking about them here, but I suppose I'm tempted to pick up a new one for $100 if it comes with Mario Kart 7. Slow shipping from Nintendo is $5... so you're talking about $65 for a refurb with likely no game vs. $100 for brand new with MK7.

Thanks much. It sounds like these consoles come in great shape from all the CAGs talking about them here, but I suppose I'm tempted to pick up a new one for $100 if it comes with Mario Kart 7. Slow shipping from Nintendo is $5... so you're talking about $65 for a refurb with likely no game vs. $100 for brand new with MK7.
I was in TRU yesterday and I believe I saw Pokemon Y pre-installed on one. Not 100% if that was with a 3ds or 2ds though.

bread's done
Back