Xbox One Elite Bundle ($499) and Lunar White Wireless Controller ($64.99) Preorder

mchittumjr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
"Games and gamers are at the center of everything we do and we’re always looking for ways to offer the best ways to play on Xbox. Today we’re thrilled to unveil the Xbox One Elite Bundle, the ultimate gaming experience that comes fully loaded and jam packed with premium features to take your gaming to the next level. In addition to a matte finish, the Xbox One Elite Bundle includes a 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive, which stores frequently-accessed files on a solid state partition and optimizes system performance so you can get to the action up to 20 percent faster from energy-saving mode. This means you can spend more time this holiday playing the greatest games in Xbox history, including Halo 5: Guardians, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Forza Motorsport 6. "

http://news.xbox.com/2015/08/xbox-one-elite-bundle?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Xbox One Elite Bundle (GameStop and Microsoft Store Exclusives) (Release Date: Nov 3rd)

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.319986300

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.Aspx?Sku=117449

Lunar White Wireless Controller (GameStop Exclusive) (Release Date: Late September)

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.Aspx?Sku=115590

Last edited by a moderator:
will be getting the controller for sure.

i've wanted a matching controller (with 3.5mm headset port and enhanced grip) for my white xbox

too bad its going to be $65 and gamestop exclusive :(

Its got a 1TB Solid State Hybrid drive.  Just so people know only like 8GB or so of a hybrid drive is actual solid state and is only used for often used file (like the xbox startup files).  The rest is standard HDD.  hybrid drive might work nicely with the xbox for startup times in power save but it wont beat a SSD USB 3.0.   If its 7200rpm drive then I think ill be intrested.  Buy the system and sell the controller for $100 lol

Wow. Sweet bundle. Definitely worth it if you don't already own a system and are considering the Elite controller. I even hope they offer an upgrade trade in promo like they did with the 360 back in the day. I would be all over this if they did. Faster SSD and the controller make it a crazy good value.

Definitely worth it if you don't already own a system and are considering the Elite controller.
This seems like a very unlikely scenario. The people who buy $150 controllers are usually the people who buy a system at launch. I'm sure this might make sense for a few people who want to upgrade, etc.

Wow, that controller is hot fire. Not so hot on the gold, but ok.

Will have to try out the Forza controller first to make sure I love the grip. If I do, goodbye standard black.

On further reflection, I'll be putting some bones down on that today.

1TB SSHD drives are $60 - $70 on sale, maybe $55 on a good sale.  Might be a $10-$15 premium over a 1TB non-hybrid drive.Elite Controller is $90 more than a stock X1 controller.

So, you're looking at about $100-$105 over a stock X1 with the add-ins, save the fact you can't swap out the drive in the X1 for a non-original 1TB SSHD. 

As long as the OS can benefit from the SSD portion of the hybrid drive, it might be worth looking at over a regular X1 if you don't own one.

Its got a 1TB Solid State Hybrid drive. Just so people know only like 8GB or so of a hybrid drive is actual solid state and is only used for often used file (like the xbox startup files). The rest is standard HDD. hybrid drive might work nicely with the xbox for startup times in power save but it wont beat a SSD USB 3.0. If its 7200rpm drive then I think ill be intrested. Buy the system and sell the controller for $100 lol
I agree speeds won't show much difference. I put a hybrid drive in my PS4, and don't really notice a speed increase.

Is there any way to get the Lunar White controller without paying shipping? SAVER doesn't do the trick, and it says it's not eligible for store pickup.

IMO, if they're going to have a gold D-pad, it would look better if there were a little more gold trim so it looks coordinated. Unless you're close enough to see the gold icons on two buttons, it just looks out of place, like you swapped in an aftermarket D-pad.

If there is some crazy promo where I can trade in my old launch unit and get the new bundle for near the price of the controller ($150) then I would consider it, otherwise it really does not seem worth the upgrade to me. [And yes I know such a deal is very unlikely]

If there is some crazy promo where I can trade in my old launch unit and get the new bundle for near the price of the controller ($150) then I would consider it, otherwise it really does not seem worth the upgrade to me. [And yes I know such a deal is very unlikely]
This, I was in the market for a second XB1 and bought the 1TB model that just came out with the last Best Buy trade in promo. I was already looking at getting the controller so if I could get in on this by trading in my launch model and paying the controller difference I'd be all over this.

If the elite bundle is around $400 on black Friday I may upgrade.. really digging that they are including a 1TB SSHD in that unit.  About time these console manufacturers start using these drives.

If the elite bundle is around $400 on black Friday I may upgrade.. really digging that they are including a 1TB SSHD in that unit. About time these console manufacturers start using these drives.
Since it is releasing less than a month before BF, I doubt we'll see it cheaper than this. Unless they somehow lower MSRP between now and then.

It doesn't come with Halo 5: Guardians, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Forza Motorsport

Since it is releasing less than a month before BF, I doubt we'll see it cheaper than this. Unless they somehow lower MSRP between now and then.
It's not that unbelievable considering the deals that were flying around last year, I scored a CoD special edition 1TB console last year for $350 and that released on November 4th at $499, but you are probably right it likely won't go that low especially since Microsoft has more or less said they don't plan on doing fire sales this year, but we shall see.

Also that tagline "greatest games in Xbox history" that Microsoft is using is so cringeworthy.. the 3rd Forza in 2 years, a 343 Industries Halo and a timed exclusive do not even compare to some of the great years the 360 had..

I would trade in the XBOX ONE that I have now to get this if they had a really good trade in value for it, otherwise I will just keep what I have..the start up time is pretty impressive, and I have a 4TB drive so I have 3.7TB remaining on my drive, the controller looks amazing though and it would be nice to have extra space but its all depending on how much of an improvement this drive really is and if they have a good promo for trade in

Is there any way to get the Lunar White controller without paying shipping? SAVER doesn't do the trick, and it says it's not eligible for store pickup.

IMO, if they're going to have a gold D-pad, it would look better if there were a little more gold trim so it looks coordinated. Unless you're close enough to see the gold icons on two buttons, it just looks out of place, like you swapped in an aftermarket D-pad.
Just preorder it in store.

Dont all the special edition consoles normally get their own threads? I dont mind. Its more for awareness, and sometimes to get your preorder in before they sell out.

MANY apologies if this has been asked before, but any word if the new controller will play wirelessly on PC? I've been perfectly happy with my Xbox 360 controller, but I still think it's weird that you have to have a hard wired Xbox one controller in 2015

Nor was I, though I was giving the other option about what to do with it. The "if thread is about MSRP, report" routine is getting more than a little tiring.

Nope. Not going anywhere. And the post wasn't directed for you, so don't worry about falling for it.

Well if not reporting, what else do you do with it? MSRP and a news article does not belong in a deals section.

I'm interested in an Xbox One but this doesn't come with a game.  That's annoying since it's an extra $50 for Halo:MCC.  $550 is a lot more than I'm willing to spend.  I'd rather buy a GTX 980.

funny that people dont get it yet, report the thread all you want, its currently the 3rd highest post by link traffic. that is all that matters, people order, cheapy gets paid, threads like this stick around.

I'm interested in an Xbox One but this doesn't come with a game. That's annoying since it's an extra $50 for Halo:MCC. $550 is a lot more than I'm willing to spend. I'd rather buy a GTX 980.
There's already a few Halo MCC bundles out. One for 350 and the new 1tb for 400. If you are just getting into Xbox then I don't think the elite package is needed. The standard controller will be just fine and the hybrid drive will not be a game changer.

bread's done
Back