Need cheap shipping boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are what I use.

The 6" x 9" envelopes are perfect for standard DVD cases. ($0.29)
The 8 1/2" x 11" and 9 1/2" x 13 1/2" envelopes work for most 2-disc DVD cases. ($0.39-0.49)
The larger envelopes should work for manuals and guides, depending on their size. ($0.99 and lower)

[quote name='odibil']These are what I use.

The 8 1/2" x 11" and 9 1/2" x 13 1/2" envelopes work for most 2-disc DVD cases. ($0.39-0.49)
The larger envelopes should work for manuals and guides, depending on their size. ($0.99 and lower)[/quote]

Hmmm... I just placed an order at USPS but it will take a little while to get my free boxes so I may use these envelopes in the time being. Thanks odibil and fwacce

Just so you know - if you use the USPS Priority Boxes you have to ship by Priority Mail, which in most cases is a lot more than media mail, which you can use for video games and dvd's

First (and I am not downing anyone doing it) just so you know using them by flipping them inside out so you dont have to ship priority is against the law, and I have seen people seriously bitched out for doing it/had them refuse to send peoples stuff because they tried to cheat - I know because I ship 100+ items a week from ebay sales. Just a heads up...

if you are ever going to use them it saves me a ton buying my own supplies from staples in bulk. the first link up there was good stuff...

- dave

Just go to a bunch of retail stores (walmart, kmart, target etc). They have tons and tons of boxes they can give you if you're there at the right time....

[quote name='everdave']Just so you know - if you use the USPS Priority Boxes you have to ship by Priority Mail, which in most cases is a lot more than media mail, which you can use for video games and dvd's

First (and I am not downing anyone doing it) just so you know using them by flipping them inside out so you dont have to ship priority is against the law, and I have seen people seriously bitched out for doing it/had them refuse to send peoples stuff because they tried to cheat - I know because I ship 100+ items a week from ebay sales. Just a heads up...

if you are ever going to use them it saves me a ton buying my own supplies from staples in bulk. the first link up there was good stuff...

- dave[/quote]

more FYI the letters USPS are stamped on the inside of the boxes. So they will still charge you priority rate for them if you do that.

[quote name='odibil']These are what I use.

The larger envelopes should work for manuals and guides, depending on their size. ($0.99 and lower)[/quote]

Are you sure these are safe enough for say, N64 and GBA boxes? I really wouldn't want to send it out and turn out to be crushed in when the trader gets it.

[quote name='goldengraham']Are you sure these are safe enough for say, N64 and GBA boxes? I really wouldn't want to send it out and turn out to be crushed in when the trader gets it.[/quote]

To be honest, any paper box would probably be slightly crushed or bruised during the shipping process. The padded envelopes are better suited for hard cases (DVDs, CDs, etc), so if you're going for box preservation, it's better to use small cardboard boxes for shipping.

usually retail stores will give u used ones for free. u have to get there pretty early though, they usually crush em by like 10 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back