CAGcast #418: Money Money Money

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Money, money, money! Who do you trust? The gang talks Metal Gear Solid V, Disney Infinity 3.0, Forza Motorsport 6, Deus Ex pre-order scheme, Machinima, and so much more!
Download (1 hours 21 minutes) - iTunes - Stitcher - RSS

https://audioboom.com/boos/3534472-cagcast-418-money-money-money

Get $5 off your order (with free shipping) at http://www.harrys.com with coupon code cagcast

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Abba - Money, Money, Money (40 Years Tribute Remix by Dj Zillioneer)

Outro -Transformers Ultra Magnus Commercial

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook
Youtube (Subscribe)

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole pre-order numbers unlock stuff thing is not new and has been done multiple times on PC/Steam. I guess that Deus Ex was just high profile enough to finally catch the attention of the games media. :?:

The only part which I think is actually new is having a tier which unlocks an early release of the game but it could be that even that's been done before.

Hey cheapy, your on this BBC news article! Still as famous as ever. What new Star Wars toys do you guys want?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34138489

#teamblue

Also like I said on twitter, if Cheapy really did invent the unboxing video he should get a little bit of cash, like everytime Jerry gets bank from Seinfeld re-runs. So every time someone on youtube makes an unboxing video Cheapy gets some.

entertainment-jerry-seinfeld-smoking-a-cigar-smiling-as-elaine-counts-his-money-like-a-boss.gif

Wombat, you should try one of the other classes in Destiny.  They may look the same because they can use the same weapons, but they play very differently.  Each has significantly different armor and speed, as well as perks.  The supers further differentiate them.  Knowing you can resurrect yourself as a Warlock means you can take chances a Hunter with Golden Gun can't.  Or knowing you can drop an invulnerable shield means you have that clutch move if things get tough. Throw in exotic armor perks and you will see that the classes are vastly different.

I'm glad you pointed out how good the shooting is.  That's what keeps me coming back.  Also, keep in mind this is the first Bungie game with aim down sites - and they nailed it!

Keep up the good work Gentlemen.  Long time fan here.

Metal Gear Online isn't going to be open until October or something. That's why it doesn't work for you, Cheapy. Unless you were referring to the servers for whatever weird thing it connects to even for the single player.

I've never heard of this game, so I had to look up a picture: that is neither green nor blue. Teal.

As always, Wombat is correct. This time I am referring to Disney Infinity. I really think the box is misleading, Cheapy and Ship confirmed it. The older playsets are compatible with DI 3.0. You cannot play the older playsets in 3.0 but they unlock all the toys that are associated with that playset. You set it on the base while in the toy box, it will unlock the content and you can return it to the shelf. 

Also, Cheapy and Ship, I believe we are already friends on PSN so if you want a spark generator just check friends section in DI 3.0. I like to level my playset figures in the actual playset but for toy box figures a spark generator will level them up quick and give you the money needed to buy the cool stuff (10k sparks for the Millennium Falcon)

You can be disappointed with publishers' crappy pre-order incentives. Or you can do what I do and just not buy the game at launch. Most of the time, players will report back that the pre-order DLC is pointless and skippable. Then you can happily buy the game without worrying about any pre-orders.

And if the DLC turns out to be good, buy it separately. I can't think of any recent game that had exclusive pre-order content.

Come on cheapy and shipwreck, Wombat humors all your stealth driving, amiibo and hockey game discussions, but as soon as he mentions Destiny you guys literally stop talking to prevent any duscussion on a game him and many others like. We get it, it wasnt borderlands. But lighten up, its refreshing something besides forza, amiibo and batman in regards to game discussions.

bread's done
Back