* * * * - 32 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 7/12: RePlay Sale! $8 N++, $8 Galak-Z, $8 Everybody's GttR, $4 Loud on Planet X, & More!

PSN PlayStation Network PS4 PS3 Vita PSP PS1 PS2 PlayStation Plus Atlus

#6601 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2555 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:37 PM

I missed it watching Heroes (which I regret). We can download it, right?

Heroes was pretty good.  I don't regret following it from the webisode stuff through the mini series.  Sure they ended with a sneak peak at what the next story would have been, but at least the core story was pretty much all resolved.

That said, I watched DC's Legends of Tomorrow as well.  It's easier to just record everything I'm interested in and watch when I want to rather than be tied to actual air times.  It makes me forget there was a time where I'd have to pick and choose what to watch on competing networks.

I think it's possible to download purchased content like this to PS3/PS4/Vita without any issue.

#6602 Mysticales   Battle Mystic Mystaria CAGiversary!   558 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Mysticales

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:47 PM

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered is coming to PS4 for $29.99:

You know whats sad? How in Japan, they get the CE version with a beach towel.

http://www.play-asia...-pack/13/709le1

#6603 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:57 PM

You know whats sad? How in Japan, they get the CE version with a beach towel.

http://www.play-asia...-pack/13/709le1

No riding crop? No thank you.

#6604 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11152 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:46 PM

The series premiere of DC's Legends of Tomorrow is free on PSN for anyone who wants it. I missed it last week and having to sit through anything on the CW app is a pain since you're forced to sit through ads, so this is a nice treat. :)

It's also supposed to be free for purchase on itunes, android, and amazon video.

#6605 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:47 PM

Witcher 3 is hard on death march. I was traveling to right side of the first map and ran into some level 7 bandits and got killed. I need to find more healing items. Deer seem to be plentiful in this one area I visited.

Looking forward to finally trying out The Divison beta this weekend. Is it full online to play with friends and does it require ps plus?

#6606 bearranza  

bearranza

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:03 PM

Got my Rocket League platinum, though my last trophy for the 100% is that "Win an Unfair Bot match" trophy from one of the DLC packs that is almost impossible.

You can save yourself a bit of trouble by setting the match to where one goal wins the game and just do 2 vs 1. Still tough but not impossible by any means. Took me maybe 10 minutes.

#6607 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6527 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:04 PM

It's also supposed to be free for purchase on itunes, android, and amazon video.

Thanks.  "Bought" for Android.  Now, I can watch it on my Shield TV! :D/

#6608 bearranza  

bearranza

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:07 PM

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered is coming to PS4 for $29.99:

Spoiler

I'm so excited for this! Never got around to it last gen. Any idea if the remaster will have trophy support? I know the PS3 version didn't.

#6609 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9201 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:18 PM

I believe the press release said trophy support. 

#6610 elessar123  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:19 PM

Witcher 3 is hard on death march. I was traveling to right side of the first map and ran into some level 7 bandits and got killed. I need to find more healing items. Deer seem to be plentiful in this one area I visited.

lol, it really isn't. You can kill level 30+ at level ~6 on death march. You just don't know the mechanics yet.

Edit: More specifically, you need 2-10 skill points to start breaking the game.

Spoiler

Edit 2: Don't bother with deer.

Spoiler

#6611 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68473 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:31 PM

This is the steelbook case they mention as an early pre-order bonus for Valkyria Chronicles Remastered:

#6612 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4354 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:31 PM

Any thoughts on the Witness and pricing?

#6613 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4354 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:34 PM

lol, it really isn't. You can kill level 30+ at level ~6 on death march. You just don't know the mechanics yet.

Spoiler

Oddly enough, I was just watching a "Hardest Games of 2015" and Witcher 3 Death March was on the list.

They mentioned something about how you have to do everything to survive, you need to both learn and know the mechanics, and every type of side job/crafting to survive or you're dead. Nothing is optional.

On the same topic. it bugs me that said list used the higher difficulty levels to dictate that they were the hardest games of 2015. instead of the base/standard difficulty.

#6614 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68473 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:38 PM

Some new freebies:

PS4 Add-ons

Life is Strange - Directors' Commentary

PS3 Add-ons

Life is Strange - Directors' Commentary

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt CD Projekt Red

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Ciri

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Dandelion

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Eredin

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Geralt

#6615 elessar123  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:40 PM

Oddly enough, I was just watching a "Hardest Games of 2015" and Witcher 3 Death March was on the list.

They mentioned something about how you have to do everything to survive, you need to both learn and know the mechanics, and every type of side job/crafting to survive or you're dead. Nothing is optional.

Eh. 14.49% have the trophy for beating the game on normal or higher, and 10.18% have it for death march. I don't think that'd be the case if the game was actually hard.

I didn't bother with decoctions, most skill points, nor bombs, and I got through without any real difficulty.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot there was a hard mode on top of Death March. So Death March is not really much harder than hard.

#6616 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:56 PM

This is the steelbook case they mention as an early pre-order bonus for Valkyria Chronicles Remastered:

Holy Fuck that is hot.

#6617 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4354 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:08 PM

Eh. 14.49% have the trophy for beating the game on normal or higher, and 10.18% have it for death march. I don't think that'd be the case if the game was actually hard.

I didn't bother with decoctions, most skill points, nor bombs, and I got through without any real difficulty.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot there was a hard mode on top of Death March. So Death March is not really much harder than hard.

That's what I mean though... many of the games listed were based on their "Hard" mode.

When hardest games of the year should be based on the standard mode which everyone who plays the game will (more than likely) play.

#6618 elessar123  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:19 PM

It's also highly subjective. I don't find dungeon crawlers hard, or Platinum brawlers, cause they're my forte. But Fuck I can't get anywhere in Soul games.

#6619 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4354 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:31 PM

It's also highly subjective. I don't find dungeon crawlers hard, or Platinum brawlers, cause they're my forte. But Fuck I can't get anywhere in Soul games.

I love all types of games.. but I am finding Resident Evil Zero frustrating on normal.

I am wondering if it's me, bad game design.. or just something.

#6620 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:32 PM

Spoiler

Edit 2: Don't bother with deer.

Spoiler

Looked at your trophies and I see you have 100% Witcher 3. nice.

I didn't know about the meditation refilling potions since I did go and craft swallow. Do I just run and go buy water from the inn or are you saying you can drink water from lakes and stuff?

#6621 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4642 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:43 PM

I rock at Souls games and dungeon crawlers, but can't play Platinum brawlers or rhythm games.    Go figure.

#6622 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68473 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 25 January 2016 - 11:59 PM

Here's the pilot episode of DC's Legends of Tomorrow:

https://store.playst...000000000297084

#6623 elessar123  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:21 AM

Looked at your trophies and I see you have 100% Witcher 3. nice.

I didn't know about the meditation refilling potions since I did go and craft swallow. Do I just run and go buy water from the inn or are you saying you can drink water from lakes and stuff?

Buy water whenever you see it cheap. I think 5 gold or something is the norm. Maybe 10 gold. Or loot it. You'll run out if you use food to heal a lot. It's one of the better money to healing ratios, and is fairly available. There are some foods that are better, but it's hard to find more than a couple of.

I basically had swallow and water hot keyed most of the game. Swallow heals more, but is limited to how many you can carry between meditations. Water you can get a big stack of, but heals less.

P.S. Side note, I played the main campaign on PC first, so I actually just rushed through it for the platinum. So I knew what I was doing when I started on PS4 Death March, which is why I'm saying you just need to understand the mechanics, and then it's no longer that hard. And I was killing the expansion NPCs at an early level, which was what I was referring to. I had level 30+ weapons and armor by the time I was level 6 or 7.

Edit again... I actually almost beat Megatron in Transformers on my first try on hard. A pesky unexpected QTE threw me off. I actually have the video recorded and I've watched it through a couple of times and that QTE completely messed up my rhythm and it went from getting hit 0 times to flustered and dead cause of it. It was maddening and amusing at the same time. I had crap weapons, so it was like 10 minutes of not getting hit, so I was actually kinda proud of it.

#6624 krishna_malladi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   3992 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

krishna_malladi

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:21 AM

I rock at Souls games and dungeon crawlers, but can't play Platinum brawlers or rhythm games. Go figure.

I am Major Major Major Major of gaming. :-)

#6625 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8486 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:22 AM

Don't know if posted or not but Mighty No. 9 is delayed again HAHAHA

#6626 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6527 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:27 AM

Here's the pilot episode of DC's Legends of Tomorrow:

https://store.playst...000000000297084

Just watched it from downloading it earlier. It was good! I need to remember to DVR the next episode on Thursday.

#6627 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4354 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:29 AM

With XBL seemingly having a UBISOFT week, think PSN will follow suite?

(I'm kinda hoping, I just loaded almost $200 on my PSN after a very good GS flip)

#6628 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68473 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:32 AM

With XBL seemingly having a UBISOFT week, think PSN will follow suite?

(I'm kinda hoping, I just loaded almost $200 on my PSN after a very good GS flip)

We kind of already had that with AC games, Child of Light, Far Cry 3 & Blood Dragon, Rayman Origins, and Splinter Cell Blacklist going on sale during the Essentials sale two weeks ago.

#6629 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68473 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:33 AM

You can save yourself a bit of trouble by setting the match to where one goal wins the game and just do 2 vs 1. Still tough but not impossible by any means. Took me maybe 10 minutes.

Ended up trying to do it earnestly and the AI played like idiots. They refused to go after the ball on the tipoff, so I got a lot of goals on that first hit and let them Fuck around when I missed to waste the rest of the time.

#6630 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68473 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:56 AM

The Witness is out now:

https://store.playst...HEWITNESSPS4PS4