* * * * - 32 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 7/12: RePlay Sale! $8 N++, $8 Galak-Z, $8 Everybody's GttR, $4 Loud on Planet X, & More!

PSN PlayStation Network PS4 PS3 Vita PSP PS1 PS2 PlayStation Plus Atlus

#6631 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4012 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:33 PM

The Witness is out now:

https://store.playst...HEWITNESSPS4PS4

$40 and no physical release? Lame.

#6632 Deliciouspinto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1367 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Deliciouspinto

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:35 PM

The Witness is out now:

This game has got some amazing reviews, but the lack of physical release makes me not want it.

Specially at $40, might bite if there's no plan other than digital.

#6633 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3854 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:42 PM

This game has got some amazing reviews, but the lack of physical release makes me not want it.

There's going to be a physical version.  Anything that gets buzz seems to go physical eventually.  It will likely take awhile, though.

#6634 4thHorseman   The New God CAGiversary!   2469 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

4thHorseman

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:46 PM

Blow has already gone on record saying he is in talks with publishers to release a retail version. Says its likely, but because they were still working on the game, they focused on that to have it released on time digitally instead of delaying it and releasing both at the same time later.

#6635 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   4186 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:12 PM

40 dollars is a fair price considering how long it's been in development. I hope people pay the man- this game is likely not going free on ps plus for years

#6636 Onyxmeth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   452 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Onyxmeth

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:19 PM

40 dollars is a fair price considering how long it's been in development. I hope people pay the man- this game is likely not going free on ps plus for years

Personally, I can wait. I'm sure I'll love it when I get around to playing it, but I'm confident it's at least 30% off in the next 12 months. I think with so many nursing healthy backlogs, a fairly decent spring schedule for retail releases, and multiplayer games from fall still taking up so much attention, this will get a bit lost in the shuffle. I'll probably grab it during its first sale.

#6637 tearsintherain  

tearsintherain

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:47 PM

Yeah after buying grim fandango on release and watching it go on PS+ like 3 months later, i'm happy to wait.  Yes, I know the two games are nothing alike and one is a remaster and one is a brand new game that has a ton of time poured into it.

Especially reading the news that Witness will be Oculus/Vive VR compatible, but no plans on making it Morpheus compatible.

#6638 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3751 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:09 PM

The Witness is out now:

watched a gameplay on the tutorial on youtube and almost threw up... these first person games are horrible for my eyes.

#6639 Tebunker   Shrugs at Clouds CAGiversary!   741 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:51 PM

I get your sentiment, but frankly the amount of time and money spent on development and the amount of people who worked on a game should be of no consequence to anyone. Those aren't what justify a price tag.

What does is having a quality product, in this case a game, that a market wants. Knowing this the creators should always price the product fairly to find the balance of what people are willing to spend for that product and reasonably compensating themselves or their business for the work performed. Hah that sounds bland and textbook.

The $40 IS a fair price because for all intents and purposes it is a good, well made, puzzle game. Created by a talented developer and for the most part the market is willing to bear that price for that level of quality and experience.

I think we just have to start moving the narrative away from things like like team size, time in development, game length, and physical vs digital etc. We need more "middle" tier games like The Witness, games that are generally more niche in appeal, but overall really help diversify a library and add experiences outside of the normal AAA grist( note that these can be and still are good games ).

Just so random unfocused thoughts here. Not sure $40 is right for me, but I definitely feel it is a fair puce to ask when considering the product you will get for that money.

#6640 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4493 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:52 PM

Yea, $40 also made me rethink it.

I was expecting $20

#6641 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1776 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:56 PM

Once it goes physical and the Sony exclusivity deal expires it will sell. I'll wait until Black Friday if I have to - hell I'm still waiting for Rise of Tomb Raider.

#6642 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2863 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:27 PM

So, I'm not really a fan of Jon Blow as a person, I thought Braid was a pretty good game but all of the ultra-pretentious garbage in the narrative soured it for me.

That said, The Witness is absolutely fantastic and definitely worth $40. There is a metric Fuck-ton of content in it, and if you liked The Talos Principle, you should play this ASAP. The best part is that there isn't even a real attempt at a story. There are occasional snippets of quotes and stuff, which are probably meant to evoke some sort of overarching theme, but hell if I can figure out what, exactly.

Instead of complaining about the game being $40, think about this: bigger developers and publishers shit out terrible, short games for $60 all the ding-dong time. Why is it so insane to charge $40 for a very well-made, lengthy game? This cognitive bias that games made by smaller teams or that are digital-only are worth less makes no sense to me, but maybe that's a console philosophy. After all, games on PC have been predominately digital-only for a very long time.

#6643 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:30 PM

Did anyone else get that 1 day psn extension a while back? I have never heard of them doing that before, but it was only 1 day so it does not matter that much.

Hoping that Shovel Knight is a ps plus title for February since I hear a lot of good things about it.

#6644 elessar123  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:35 PM

Did anyone else get that 1 day psn extension a while back? I have never heard of them doing that before, but it was only 1 day so it does not matter that much.

Hoping that Shovel Knight is a ps plus title for February since I hear a lot of good things about it.

They've done it like 3 times.

#6645 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1556 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:38 PM

Man, the download for The Division's beta is huge. I thought about getting an Xbox code, but with my internet the 1 day exclusivity doesn't even matter.

#6646 EasyEducator   The Easy Educator CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

EasyEducator

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:41 PM

New stuff going live now.  Looks like Squenix, Far Cry, and PS + special deals.

https://store.playst...008-WEEKLYDEALS

#6647 tylerdurden10   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

tylerdurden10

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:42 PM

watched a gameplay on the tutorial on youtube and almost threw up... these first person games are horrible for my eyes.

Hate to say it, but I agree. I'm not sure what the big draw is here, graphically it looks like a mid-90's PC game like Myst or something. How is this worth $40?  :-k

#6648 Jiryn   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4493 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:44 PM

Looks like I was right!

FarCry Sale! (Updating)

Farcry 4 Gold PS4  $27

Farcry 4 Gold PS3 $27

Farcry 4 PS4 $19.80

Farcry 4 PS3 $19.80

Farcry 3 Ultimate PS3 $12.50

Farcry 2 $5.25

Farcry 4 PS4 Season Pass $15

Farcry 4 PS3 Season Pass $15

Farcry 4 Yeti PS4 $7.50

Farcry 4 Yeti PS3 $7.50

I cannot see the price of Farcry 3, Farcry Classic, or Blood Dragon

#6649 SpideyVille  

SpideyVille

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:48 PM

Looks like I was right!

FarCry Sale! (Updating)

Farcry 4 Gold PS4  $27

Farcry 4 Gold PS3 $27

Farcry 4 PS4 $19.80

Farcry 4 PS3 $19.80

Farcry 3 Ultimate PS3 $12.50

Farcry 2 $5.25

Farcry 4 PS4 Season Pass $15

Farcry 4 PS3 Season Pass $15

Farcry 4 Yeti PS4 $7.50

Farcry 4 Yeti PS3 $7.50

I cannot see the price of Farcry 3, Farcry Classic, or Blood Dragon

Far Cry 3 is $10

Classic is $2.50

Can't see Blood Dragon though

#6650 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3765 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:07 PM

Solid sale on Square/Enix stuff.  I've been holding out on getting many FF games but I may go overboard this time.  Also Legend of Mana, Parasite Eve II, Vagrant Story & Front Mission 3 for $3 each seems cool to me.

#6651 deadofnight   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   988 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

deadofnight

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:09 PM

I bought The Witness. This is actually the third most I've spent on a PS4 game; Street Fighter V and The Last of Us: Remastered being first and second. Normally I wait for a sale since they come quick enough.

I'm buying several day-one releases this year. Resident Evil 0, The Witness, Street Fighter V, and Persona 5 are locks.

Come to think of it, Resident Evil 0 might be the first PS4 game I bought that didn't have some kind of sale or discount attached to it. No, it was the Street Fighter V pre-order.

#6652 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5477 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:16 PM

This might be a dumb question, but here goes ..... Is Far Cry 4 required to play Valley of the Yeti? I ask because there were a couple Ubisoft dlc's that they did standalone as well

#6653 bearranza  

bearranza

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:17 PM

Once it goes physical and the Sony exclusivity deal expires it will sell. I'll wait until Black Friday if I have to - hell I'm still waiting for Rise of Tomb Raider.

Doesn't look like you'll have to wait long to get Tomb Raider on the cheap.

#6654 INCyr   Devotee of CAGthulhu CAGiversary!   1291 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:20 PM

That said, The Witness is absolutely fantastic and definitely worth $40. There is a metric Fuck-ton of content in it, and if you liked The Talos Principle, you should play this ASAP. 

Damn you, don't tell me this.  I don't need another game on my wishlist/backlog.  Especially with Lego Dimensions forcing my wallet to put out like a $2 hooker.

#6655 KurishunaMaradi   You seem familiar, did I annoy you before? CAGiversary!   4372 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

KurishunaMaradi

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:21 PM

Doesn't look like you'll have to wait long to get Tomb Raider on the cheap.

Rise of the TR comes to PS4 around November, so he does have to wait, unless of course something changed and it comes out sooner. The initial plan was a 1 yr advance release on XBox, wasnt it.

#6656 ceadondifortu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

ceadondifortu

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:27 PM

FFX for Vita finally under $20....now if my Monoprice PSN cards come in on time.

#6657 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11125 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:31 PM

Not much for me but some pretty solid Squeenix deals.

And, wow, did not know a full $60 Dariusburst game was coming. I love shmups and sounds like it has a lot of content, but will have to wait on a sale.

Edit: Actually, didn't realize it's been out for over a month. Maybe it will be getting a sale price?

#6658 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4303 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:31 PM

Will be buying FFX/X2 vita at $15, there are a few other solid deals I'll take a harder look at after work.

#6659 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1686 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:32 PM

Someone remind me... If I want Dissidia, I just need to get 012, correct? No need to get the first one?

#6660 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2863 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:33 PM

Damn you, don't tell me this.  I don't need another game on my wishlist/backlog.  Especially with Lego Dimensions forcing my wallet to put out like a $2 hooker.

Hey man, I have a crippling Disney Infinity addiction, so I understand. But just think, you could get this sprawling game instead of 4 lego men and a go-kart or whatever's in those things!

Also, it may be better than any game of 2015, and it's a great start to the year that will finally see the release of Persona 5.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PlayStation Network, PS4, PS3, Vita, PSP, PS1, PS2, PlayStation Plus, Atlus