* * * * - 32 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 7/12: RePlay Sale! $8 N++, $8 Galak-Z, $8 Everybody's GttR, $4 Loud on Planet X, & More!

PSN PlayStation Network PS4 PS3 Vita PSP PS1 PS2 PlayStation Plus Atlus

#2041 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:31 AM

Isn't there supposed to be a way to delete 0% trophies from your trophy list? Mines getting long and id like to get rid of the ones i never really played

Have to do it through the trophies menu on the PS4 I believe.

#2042 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69110 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:19 AM

Driveclub has a new update that is huge:

Private multiplayer lobbies, Club and Driver level cap increases, wheel support for Bikes, two new Sprint tracks, Brake Assist option, an in-game store for DLC, and some free DLC for each version of the game. Driveclub gets a new Tour Pack and Livery Pack for free and Bikes gets a new expansion for free that adds two new bikes, a Tour Pack, and a few new trophies.

#2043 jacknicklson  

jacknicklson

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:48 PM

I bought resident evil revelations 2 this week on a whim as I haven't played since 4 Wow, what a piece of shit. Awful controls and just overall bad gameplay. Sound design was pathetic as well I felt like I was firing cap guns into paper. Just awful.

#2044 bearranza  

bearranza

Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:37 PM

Terrible, just terrible.

Haha. I bought Battlefront and FO4 at full MSRP and will play them the minute they finish installing. Not very CAG-like of me.

#2045 RollingSkull   Banned Banned   6307 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

RollingSkull

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:07 PM

your waifu is trash

#2046 RollingSkull   Banned Banned   6307 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

RollingSkull

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:09 PM

I bought resident evil revelations 2 this week on a whim as I haven't played since 4Wow, what a piece of shit. Awful controls and just overall bad gameplay. Sound design was pathetic as well I felt like I was firing cap guns into paper. Just awful.

I don't understand this view point. The shooting is solid. The dodge is immensely satisfying and far better than RER1. There are really only two bosses and a midboss but they don't rely on QTEs like RE4's did but you won't see them until much later anyway.

But I just don't understand how you can hate RER2 when it has such a solid dodge+shoot melee rhythm.

#2047 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69110 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:31 PM

http://blog.us.plays...-service-today/

PlayStation Now is getting 105 new games added to the Sub to push the total over 250 games, including about 20 games from Capcom.

#2048 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2775 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:39 PM

Got a weird email from Sony that my PS+ was set to auto renew.  I know I had turned that "feature" off before and while I intend on renewing with a pre-paid card before it comes due, I was shocked to see it say it was enabled.  Turns out that EVERY SINGLE TIME you renew PS+ using any method of payment it turns this "Feature" back on.  So heads up.  It won't change the automatic wallet funding setting, but it will pull money from your account if you don't go in every time you renew and turn this back off.

To turn it off, I could have done it from a PS3 or PS4 but I opted for the PC option.  Hit the url provided (which is just the actual account page where you can add prepaid cards and stuff) and then hit the media tab and scrolled through the list in reverse to the PS+ subscription.  Opened it, expanded one section and then unchecked the auto renew.

So heads up.  Now it makes sense why some folks were complaining in the past about auto renewal still happening.  Any subscription renewal on PS+ turns this auto renew button back on.

Ultimately it doesn't affect me right now... I see no reason why I'll not renew.  But for others it may be an issue if they are letting it expire to renew the next month to try and "extend" the service those extra weeks while still getting all the PS+ games.

#2049 vherub   x CAGiversary!   3438 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:51 PM

I'm not a PC gamer so forgive the noob question but how come those games ran like shit on PC? I thought Xbox One and PS4 were heralded for being close to PCs, making porting to PC a cinch. It sounds like those games are virtually unplayable.

Also keep in mind, the port team is often an outside dev or the inhouse b team, especially if the sales forecast suggests pc is a smaller factor. More importantly, with the console, you are working with a pretty stable (and known) hardware/software environment. With the pc, you have two major video card manufacturers with various card architectures, multiple Windows OS versions to support, not to mention CPU/Mobo/RAM variants. It can be difficult to optimize even when PC is the lead. And then if 5%-15% of the user base has a broken experience, you can't write them off as edge cases as that broken experience will become the internet's collective reaction.

#2050 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1966 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:53 PM

PlayStation Now is getting 105 new games added to the Sub to push the total over 250 games, including about 20 games from Capcom.

If only people cared about Playstation Now in the first place.

#2051 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:07 PM

Got a weird email from Sony that my PS+ was set to auto renew.  I know I had turned that "feature" off before and while I intend on renewing with a pre-paid card before it comes due, I was shocked to see it say it was enabled.  Turns out that EVERY SINGLE TIME you renew PS+ using any method of payment it turns this "Feature" back on.  So heads up.  It won't change the automatic wallet funding setting, but it will pull money from your account if you don't go in every time you renew and turn this back off.

To turn it off, I could have done it from a PS3 or PS4 but I opted for the PC option.  Hit the url provided (which is just the actual account page where you can add prepaid cards and stuff) and then hit the media tab and scrolled through the list in reverse to the PS+ subscription.  Opened it, expanded one section and then unchecked the auto renew.

So heads up.  Now it makes sense why some folks were complaining in the past about auto renewal still happening.  Any subscription renewal on PS+ turns this auto renew button back on.

Ultimately it doesn't affect me right now... I see no reason why I'll not renew.  But for others it may be an issue if they are letting it expire to renew the next month to try and "extend" the service those extra weeks while still getting all the PS+ games.

I got that about a week ago and had meant to mention it since several people had been mysteriously billed for PS+ auto renewal over the last couple months when they previously had it off.

This is why I don't have any payment method associated with the account and rarely keep a balance.

#2052 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69110 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:12 PM

November's PS+ games are live:

:ps4: :ps3:  :vita: Dragon Fin Soul

Invizimals is actually the original PSP version, which is a stupid choice to make instead of one of the newer versions on Vita.

Looks like we've probably got a PS+ Specials and Ubisoft sale incoming.

PS+ Specials:

Ubisoft Sale:

A preliminary list of what's on sale this week:

Abyss Odyssey - PS3 - $7.50 - 50% Off
Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China - PS4 - $3.30 - 67% Off
Back to Bed Game & Dynamic Theme - PS4/PS3/Vita - $14.99 - 25% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Batman: Arkham Knight - PS4 - $49.99 - 17% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Batman: Arkham Knight Premium Edition - PS4 - $89.99 - 10% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Beyond Good & Evil - PS3 - $3.30 - 67% Off
Boggle - PS4 - $6.99 - 30% Off
Child of Light - PS4 - $7.50 - 50% Off
Child of Light - PS3 - $4.95 - 67% Off
Child of Light - Vita - $4.95 - 67% Off
Class of Heroes - PSP - $7.50 - 50% Off
Crimson Gem Saga - PSP - $7.50 - 50% Off
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - PS3 - $4.95 - 67% Off
Far Cry Classic - PS3 - $3.30 - 67% Off
Grow Home - PS4 - $5.59 - 30% Off
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble - PSP - $7.50 - 50% Off
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - PS4 - $19.99 - 50% Off - Permanent Price Drop
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Deluxe Edition - PS4 - $34.99 - 36% Off - Permanent Price Drop
LEGO Jurassic World - PS4 - $49.99 - 17% Off - Permanent Price Drop
LEGO Jurassic World - PS3 - $39.99 - 20% Off - Permanent Price Drop
LEGO Jurassic World - Vita - $19.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Metro 2033 Redux - PS4 - $19.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Metro Redux - PS4 - $29.99 - 40% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Metro: Last Light Redux - PS4 - $19.99 - 33% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Monopoly Deal - PS4 - $3.49 - 30% Off
Monopoly Deal - PS3 - $2.50 - 50% Off
Monopoly Family Fun Pack - PS4 - $13.99 - 30% Off
Monopoly Plus - PS3 - $5.00 - 50% Off
Mortal Kombat X - PS4 - $49.99 - 17% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition - PS4 - $79.99 - 11% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Rabbids Invasion - PS4 - $11.99 - 40% Off
Rabbids Invasion Gold Edition - PS4 - $17.50 - 50% Off
Risk - PS3 - $5.00 - 50% Off
Rock of Ages - PS3 - $3.00
Rollers of the Realm - PS4/Vita - $5.00 - 50% Off - Cross Buy
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell - PS4 - $14.99 - 25% Off - Permanent Price Drop
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell - PS3 - $14.99 - 25% Off - Permanent Price Drop
The Smurfs 2 - PS3 - $10.00 - 50% Off
South Park: The Stick of Truth - PS3 - $10.00 - 50% Off
Tetris Ultimate - PS4 - $3.30 - 67% Off
Toy Soldiers: War Chest - PS4 - $11.24 - 25% Off
Trials Fusion - PS4 - $11.99 - 40% Off
Trials Fusion: Awesome Max Edition - PS4 - $20.00 - 50% Off
Trivial Pursuit Live! - PS3 - $5.00 - 50% Off
Valiant Hearts: The Great War - PS4 - $7.50 - 50% Off
Valiant Hearts: The Great War - PS3 - $4.95 - 67% Off

PS+:

Amnesia: Memories - Vita - $17.99 - 40% Off
Blood Bowl 2 - PS4 - $34.99 - 30% Off
Curses 'N Chaos - PS4/Vita - $7.49 - 25% Off - Cross Buy
Pure Hold'em World Poker Championship - PS4 - $15.99 - 20% Off
Space Hulk - PS3 - $35.99 - 10% Off
Space Hulk - Vita - $31.49 - 10% Off
Steins;Gate - PS3 - $27.99 - 30% Off
Steins;Gate - Vita - $27.99 - 30% Off
Tearaway Unfolded - PS4 - $27.99 - 30% Off

#2053 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69110 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:24 PM

Yeah, it's always a good idea to read the fine print on what you're signing up for with any and all subscription services. For PS+:

"Unless you cancel your membership at least one day prior to the renewal date, this membership will automatically convert to a 12-month membership, and $49.99 will be automatically be deducted from your network wallet according to the Sony Entertainment Network (SEN) Terms of Service and User Agreement. See http://www.sonyenter...twork.com/tosua. After conversion, your membership will automatically renew every 12 months for $49.99 until you cancel it. You may cancel your membership via the SEN account management tools, by contacting customer support at 877-971-7669 or through www.us.playstation.com."

https://store.playst...YEARPACKAGE0000

This ain't no Ron Popeil shit.

#2054 fightingguys   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

fightingguys

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:25 PM

One of these listings is the PS Vita version, Yippee! 

#2055 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:26 PM

It's just really stupid that it's reenabling itself even when you use a pre-paid card.

#2056 WNYX585AM   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3539 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:32 PM

November's PS+ games are live:

So Invizimals is the PSP game?  So they didn't even give an actual Vita game this month?  Can't wait to hear from Slidecage on this one...

#2057 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6976 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:46 PM

So Invizimals is the PSP game? So they didn't even give an actual Vita game this month? Can't wait to hear from Slidecage on this one...

I just bought the physical UMD with the PSP camera in the same box for $4.98 on clearance at Target last month. It's comical that they included it as a PS+ game.

#2058 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69110 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:53 PM

It's just really stupid that it's reenabling itself even when you use a pre-paid card.

You're still subscribing to the service regardless of the means through which you're going to pay for it.

#2059 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5353 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:55 PM

Kick ass. And here I was feeling sorry for myself because I forgot to buy Code Veronica on sale. I was just thinking this morning that PS Now would be a good service if it had a larger library or they halved the price.

#2060 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69110 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:56 PM

The Vita version of Dragon Fin Soup just appeared on the PS Store, so I added the link to that to the list above. The original PS+ announcement said the PS3 version was coming later, but I guess that was quickly not the case with the simultaneous release.

#2061 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69110 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:58 PM

The prototype demo for Zero Labs' Indivisible (Skulls Girls dev) is live for PS4:

https://store.playst...NDIVISIBLEPROTO

#2062 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:06 PM

You're still subscribing to the service regardless of the means through which you're going to pay for it.

I mean I get why they do it that way but most services have the decency not to quietly force that upon you if you're using pre-paid memberships.

#2063 themaster20000   You sleeping yet? CAGiversary!   2537 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

themaster20000

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:07 PM

The prototype demo for Zero Labs' Indivisible (Skulls Girls dev) is live for PS4:

https://store.playst...NDIVISIBLEPROTO

Doesn't look like that's going to hit it's goal,unless it get's a huge push.

#2064 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:12 PM

A bunch of meh this week. Also not excited about Invisimals anymore since I though we would be getting one of the :vita: versions with trophies. Stupid. Now it's only 2/6 for this month. Oh well.

#2065 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69110 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:15 PM

Freebies for this week:

PS4 Demos

PS4 Add-ons

Vita Add-ons

Apps
Screambox - PS4 - Free
Screambox - PS3 - Free

Themes
Spectre - PS4 - Free
Spectre - PS3 - Free
Until Dawn - PS4 - Free

#2066 FissFiss   Meow CAGiversary!   8570 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:18 PM

I got that about a week ago and had meant to mention it since several people had been mysteriously billed for PS+ auto renewal over the last couple months when they previously had it off.

This is why I don't have any payment method associated with the account and rarely keep a balance.

This guy ^^^ is why I removed my payment info from Sony

#2067 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9428 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:21 PM

Dragon Fin Soup seems pretty cool so far. Only played the little prelude thing and didn't quite understand things like the stats I was seeing on some blocks as if there was loot there but no way to pick it up.

I'll get back to it tonight but seems promising.

#2068 kevinmlssu   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   369 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

kevinmlssu

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:24 PM

How's gone home? Worth 5 bucks? Long game?

#2069 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2775 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:28 PM

I mean I get why they do it that way but most services have the decency not to quietly force that upon you if you're using pre-paid memberships.

Or worse, you are already a member and just add another year to the existing subscription and them flipping the switch back on for auto-renew.  It's one thing to do it when you first sign up but to keep doing it after renewing manually each year seems excessive.

Anyway, at least now we know why it happens and can inform folks that will complain about getting auto-renewed despite previously having turned that "feature" off.  I've never had a card associated with my account and long ago turned off the secondary wallet funding option.

Not sure when I'll give Dragon Fin Soup a try.  I locked in the licenses on all the new PS+ stuff I didn't already own earlier today when they changed the listings.   Overall a ho-hum month but I got so much to play and I rarely immediately play PS+ games the same month they go free anyway.

#2070 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   69110 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:32 PM

How's gone home? Worth 5 bucks? Long game?

Grow Home?

It's good and definitely worth the price. It's a few hours long to beat it and maybe another hour or so to get all of the collectibles.