Street Fighter X Tekken Fightstick and CronusMax for $79.99+$55 (shipping)

MooseTheCorgi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Alright, I may get blasted for this one a little bit, but Play Asia has the PS3 Street Fighter X Tekken Fightstick with CronusMax for $79.99 + $55 shipping. That of course is an insane amount of shipping, but when you consider the fightstick is selling on Amazon for $200+ for a new one, $135.xx for both the stick and the CronusMax isn't too bad. 

Don't feel like reading the valuable information down below? Jump to the deal link here. 

If you don't know what the CronusMax is (like me) here is their description:

CronusMAX PLUS v3 2015 is the next generation of the greatest cross-compatibility gaming device ever created for the video game industry.

The new CronusMAX PLUS allows you to use your favorite gaming controller on PlayStation 4**, Xbox One*, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360*, PlayStation TV, Android Device**** or Windows PC. Love your Dualshock 4 controller but have to use Xbox One at your buddy's house? or how about you want to use your Dualshock 3 on your Windows PC without installing third-party drivers? Not a problem. Just plug in the CronusMAX PLUS device, sync your controller, and you are ready to go. No hassle. Just play! Gone are the days when you are restricted to using uncomfortable controllers because of the system you are playing on.

CronusMAX PLUS Step by Step Upgrade Guide available at useful links below.

It seems that the CronusMax retails for $69.99 on Amazon and Play Asia. All in all you are paying $135+ Tax for around $270+ worth of stuff. 

This is a PS3 fightstick, but because the ChronusMax works with fightsticks you can use it on any of the consoles listed including PC. 

Here's the link to the fightstick. Just add the CronusMax to your cart and it will show up zeroed out. There is also a handy button on the fightstick page that allows you to add both. 

Here's some info on the fightstick itself:
  • Authentic Japanese-style Sanwa Denshi™ joystick & buttons
  • Premium-quality components with the tournament standard Vewlix layout
  • Controller lock/unlock switch prevents accidental button presses
  • Positioned Start & Back/Select buttons strategically placed with the tournament player in mind
  • 13ft (4m) USB cable with enlarged internal storage
  • 3-way switch enables joystick to function as left analog, right analog stick and D-Pad
  • Player indicator light for PlayStation® 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a bad deal, I'd consider it if I hadn't just gotten an HRAP4 Kai from Fry's when they went on sale.

Had no idea that CronusMax thing existed either, always assumed you had to still do some serious modding to get a cross console stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great deal for online or use by yourself, but tournament players should know that the CronusMax might be banned. I don't know about smaller tournaments, but EVO has a hard ban on the converter. There are a number of reasons for this, varying from faulty CronusMax's causing input lag for all wired sticks/pads on a console and/or permanently damaging the USB ports.

I'm not hating on this deal but the SFxT stick is not worth $200.  On ebay you will be lucky to get $100+ for it.  Its just not people want at this point, an old gen fightstick.  The shipping is so ridiculous that I just can't buy it based on principal. 

I just can't buy it based on principal.
2QMPkGa.jpg

Isn't the CronusMax that converter that is banned from tourneys because it literally fries consoles? Not to mention it shorts both USB ports so it's capable of fucking over both players, not just you.

Isn't the CronusMax that converter that is banned from tourneys because it literally fries consoles? Not to mention it shorts both USB ports so it's capable of fucking over both players, not just you.
It is banned from tournaments because you can macro combos or special inputs with it. Using it for a few minutes at a time wouldn't fry anything. They are also a pain in the ass to use on Sony consoles.

bread's done
Back