* * * * - 16 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 3.0

#4561 rioskenny   Senpai CAGiversary!   327 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:39 AM

Thanks for the list. I'm interested in the visual novels, but not sure where to start. What 3 VNs would anyone recommend out of this list?

If you haven't watched the higurashi anime then get that visual novel and download the ps3 graphic mod. Best horror/suspense vn out there.

#4562 erehwon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3124 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:51 AM

The physical Vita Editions (and maybe the PC Physical Editions) may be/may not be available after the Kickstarter release. Extras will most likely be sold but once it's gone, it's gone. 

Thanks for the info.  The collector in me wants the physical edition, but I can pass on the extras.  About the only extra I ever use is soundtracks.

#4563 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1666 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:04 AM

They just wanted to know if you want a Vita Digital Copy or an Android Digital Copy (since that was a stretch goal and all $150 backers and over get all Digital Stretch Goals for free). The PC Digital Copy already comes with the $150 tier.

Just to confirm what comes with the physical ce.
1.Vita physical ce
2. Digital pc copy
3. Digital stretch goal (android/vita)
4. Plus other goodies

Also, does anyone know if this version of dead or alive has the English option

http://slist.amiami....cnt=0$pagecnt=1

#4564 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3577 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:05 AM

Im curious what 'blatant pedophilia' game this was about. And you do realize that saying your against censorship unless its about something that you think should be censored is the height of hypocrisy right? Kind of an all or nothing thing. I actually find pretty much all rubbing type games creepy as hell and gross but i dont support censoring them.

Blatant pedophilia:

Spoiler

As I've said. 99.99% of the time, I am vehemently against censorship. However, in the case of extremely questionable content like this, which is not just aesthetic, being put into a game that is otherwise a completely different affair, I do see its validity and appreciate it.

I find this content absolutely disgusting. Not because of the "rubbing mechanic" and not because of the sexualization, but because it is clearly a very young child involved with those two things. This isn't something that can be fixed by changing her age in the script, as done with many imports. It's a little girl.

I've also said this a million fucking times, but I'll do it once more. I would be okay with an option to toggle the censorship in this game. This game is, otherwise, a standard RPG. If someone wants to make an entire game based on this shit, have the Fuck at it. I, personally, won't come anywhere near it

There are a multitude difference between fantasy violence, vulgarity and sexualization of women that at least look of age and that of pedophilic content. There's things like competition and comedy to be derived from those things. Many of those situations, if there were no consequences... no one actually dying or getting hurt physically or mentally, would be fun in real life... just as they are in games. Would having any sexual interaction with a child be fun, even if there were no consequences to you or the child?

#4565 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11707 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:07 AM

Just to confirm what comes with the physical ce.
1.Vita physical ce
2. Digital pc copy
3. Digital stretch goal (android/vita)
4. Plus other goodies

Sumika figure:
Vita physical bundle:
Vita digital bundle: 
PC digital bundle: 
Codex digital: 
Photon digital bundle:
Physical and digital OST and hardcover artbook.

Anything from amiami is strictly Japanese. They don't want to undermine their own sales with Asia releases.

#4566 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:29 AM

Ami only carries the JP versions.

#4567 RollingSkull   Banned Banned   6307 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

RollingSkull

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:37 AM

People are advertising for them for free, so why would they get fired? Their whole response from the beginning is easily a marketing decision. Take advantage of the backlash and throw in a little bit of your own controversy, then sit back and let everybody market your products for you. I'd have done something very similar if I were in their shoes. They just need to make sure not to take it too far.

Just to revisit this. Up until the last six months or so, crossing SJW shibboleths in any field got you fired and blacklisted from your chosen field EVERY TIME. They still do that and they routinely change the rules and find new things to rage about. If they get your name and can launch a hundred emails to your boss, it doesn't matter what the charges are or what you actually did. You're out the door.

It's only just recently people can get away with tweaking them. The night is lighting up.

So, all I'm saying is, taking advantage of the backlash would not have been an option even just a short time ago.

#4568 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11707 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:41 AM

Thanks!

Just a follow up, they're adding Paypal Backers to the Backerkit now.

#4569 elessar123  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:22 AM

Great...either they're waiting to show up in the flash sale for some reason or IFI's decided to move the new discounts over to Steam.

I might have misunderstood you, or the Steam sale this year, but I thought Steam's not doing flash sales this time around. The sale prices are the price for the duration of the entire sale.

#4570 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1945 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:25 AM

I might have misunderstood you, or the Steam sale this year, but I thought Steam's not doing flash sales this time around. The sale prices are the price for the duration of the entire sale.

I was referring to the inevitable PSN flash sale this weekend.

#4571 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   647 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:03 AM

Best Buy Black Friday deals are live.

#4572 hey imagamer  

hey imagamer

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:26 AM

Hey guys I haven't posted since 2.0 thread.

I tried to stop being interested in preorders but NISA keeps emailing me on promotional offers... Alas...

Anyway seems like everyone getting along pretty well. Happy Thanksgiving, unless you're a turkey, then I'm sorry for your loss.

#4573 exemp30  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:31 AM

1.gif

#4574 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11311 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:40 AM

To anyone else who got the Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition on Amazon, what is your delivery date? I just noticed mine says the 8th even with Prime, and the 7th with One Day.

Not sure if Amazon hasnt updated the proper delivery date, or if their Special Edition is delayed for some reason

And this scummy ass rep tried to slyly charge me for One Day shipping after our conversation.....

#4575 sovereignNX-73811   rolling (over) back in style CAGiversary!   5692 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:00 AM

*Heavy breathing* *stops and looks around*

OK guys...I come over here after all day to blab about how epic my 72-75 hour run was with LoH: Trails in the Sky SC and I walk into........THIS? I don't even feel like putting up the signature gif!

Oh fine whatever here it is:

tumblr_mknsfzSHg31r3l7xxo1_r1_250.gif

#4576 PrinnyOtaku   二人の秘密の基地 CAGiversary!   3311 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

PrinnyOtaku

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:22 AM

You're all a bunch of turkeys!

#4577 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1097 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:45 AM

You're all a bunch of turkeys!

tumblr_nyevwg8Guc1uv05lbo1_400.gif

#4578 shadowneko003   COWABUNGA! CAGiversary!   1159 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

shadowneko003

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:47 AM

Amnesia Memories for $3? Sold! Thank goodness I waited instead of buying when it was on sale for about $13 last month

#4579 kmitchell28   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

kmitchell28

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:29 AM

Odin Sphere is now on the Best Buy website for those who think paying full price is a silly idea.

Storybook edition for PS4 as well as the vanilla copies for PS4, PSV, and PS3.

http://www.bestbuy.c...s=960&keys=keys

#4580 Covnam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1259 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:50 AM

Odin Sphere is now on the Best Buy website for those who think paying full price is a silly idea.

Thanks! GCU makes the storybook edition an easier purchase.

Speaking of collector's editions, in case anyone missed it, there's a lot on sale at SquareEnix: https://www.cheapass...-taking-a-look/

#4581 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1572 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:15 PM

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Ignition four-minute trailer

Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis first-print copies include Takeshi Hongo disguised as Shocker Combatman

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven ‘Caesar Anthonio Zeppeli’ battle trailer

Hyrule Warriors Legends ‘Skull Kid’ gameplay

Attack on Titan game launches February in Japan, second trailer

Atelier Shallie Plus gets its first screenshots and a look at an older Ayesha

Criminal Girls 2’s launch trailer is too naughty for YouTube (NSFW)

Vita JRPG The Hero Must Die. gets new trailer, shows characters

Yakuza Kiwami’s new screenshots show fighting styles, Heat Actions, progression menus

Pokémon Picross release date revealed, free to download and play from Nintendo eShop

Capcom TV Monster Hunter X special live broadcast shows off tons of gameplay

English Net High trophies surface

Final Fantasy XIV’s Naoki Yoshida discusses about adjustments to Exploratory Missions on the official forums

Dragon Quest Builders details land of Rimuldar, new screenshots

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 details hidden secrets, Reactor and Ride systems

This week's Famitsu scans

#4582 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1666 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:26 PM

Thank you Much. Now it's time to cancel my Amazon po.

#4583 burnalivetolive  

burnalivetolive

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:37 PM

The EU versions of Steins Gate El Psy Kongroo are down to $34.99 on RiceDigital but no free shipping. I may bite for a Vita one and get a third platinum trophy :)

#4584 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2085 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:41 PM

Some good sales going on at the moment

Square has a lot of stuff on sale

Drakengard 3 - $8.00

https://store.na.squ...rakengard-3-ps3

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD REMASTER LIMITED EDITION [PS4] - $19.99

https://store.na.squ...ted-edition-ps4

#4585 Pikagreg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1692 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:11 PM

So many cheap DS RPG's from the SE sale~ Too bad you need $100 for FS. 

#4586 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:17 PM

It's not even free. I paid $1.99 shipping for my order over $100. And it has to be over and not precisely $100. Great deal though.

#4587 groundskeeper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1545 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

groundskeeper

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:21 PM

Thank you Much. Now it's time to cancel my Amazon po.

I just did the same.

#4588 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9212 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:40 PM

If you want the amazing 10% off pre-order for Euphoria (hardcore adult VN) pre-order it from Mangagamer. Got it myself and tomorrow I know what I'm reading/playing. 

#4589 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3113 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:09 PM

Upon further thought regarding the DOA thing, I think if anyone is truly against the fact that the developers are caving to SJW's, then one way to get that across is to not buy the game at all. Few things send a poorer message than developers cutting corners and gamers buying their stuff regardless.

But then, it also certainly sends a message if enough people in NA import the game. It says that there's a big enough audience, and there's no sense ignoring them to please a bunch of babies who were never interested in their products in the first place. I suppose all we can do is what we think is right and as long as we voice our concern we've done our part.

#4590 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:21 PM

Some good sales going on at the moment

Square has a lot of stuff on sale

Nier for $8 went pretty quickly.