* * * * - 16 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 3.0

#4651 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:28 PM

So would it be safe for me to skip 999 and just play vlr.?

No, it's important to play 999 first. Not strictly necessary, but it will be better for it.

#4652 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40129 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:31 PM

That's what I did.

All the repeating dialogue in VLR made me never finish every route since it got old. 

Danganronpa is the better series.

#controversial.

#4653 midlifecrisisMkII  

midlifecrisisMkII

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:37 PM

NISA is having their annual Holiday Sale starting this Tuesday.  They aren't usually good for price, but this year they're putting up some of the LEs that have been OOS for a while.   Here's the link to the blog post.

Here's a list of games and dates they'll be available (from the post).

Dec 1 - Dec 7

• Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness Limited Edition will be available while supplies last for the reduced price of $74.99
  • The Witch and the Hundred Knight Limited Edition (PS3) $34.99

Dec 1 Only

• Criminal Girls: Invite Only Limited Edition  (Vita)

Dec 2 Only

• Demon Gaze Limited Edition (Vita)

Dec 3 Only

• The Guided Fate Paradox Limited Edition (PS3)

Dec 4 Only

• The Witch and the Hundred Knight Limited Edition (PS3)

Dec 5 Only

• Fairy Fencer F Limited Edition (PS3)

Dec 6 Only

• hToL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary Limited Edition (Vita)
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection Limited Edition (VIta)

Dec 7 Only

• Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star Limited Edition (PS3)

It sounds like all these will be "while supplies last".

#4654 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20331 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:38 PM

Don't listen to them. 999 is a must play game.

#4655 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1582 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2015 - 04:22 PM

Disaster Report 4 Plus debut trailer

Attack on Titan screenshots introduce Levi, Hange, action outside the walls, more

Love Live! School Idol Festival arcade version announced

PSP PlayStation Store to close March 31 in Japan

Dragon Quest Builders PS4 model announced for Japan

Steins;Gate 0 mysterious countdown launched and a new set of screenshots

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven ‘Gyro Zeppeli’ battle trailer

Genei Ibun Roku #FE ‘Maiko’ trailer

Yakuza: Kiwami details Majima Anywhere system

PS4 Remote Play coming to PC and Mac

Digimon World: Next Order details Luce, Taomon, Gallantmon: Crimson Mode, and more

Singapore-made action RPG Masquerada confirmed for PS4

Hatsune Miku Expo song contest winners announced

#4656 salromano   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

salromano

Posted 27 November 2015 - 04:45 PM

Woah, I appreciate all the Gematsu links in this thread~

I was hoping by some means I'd be able to get a physical copy of Dragon Quest Heroes for cheap today. I don't wanna pay $40. =x Missed the $20 Amazon deal for the digital version, but I prefer physical, so I probably wouldn't have bit anyway.

#4657 RollingSkull   Banned Banned   6307 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

RollingSkull

Posted 27 November 2015 - 04:48 PM

That's what I did.

All the repeating dialogue in VLR made me never finish every route since it got old. 

Danganronpa is the better series.

#controversial.

I think DR has gone to pot after DR1 and I still think that's not controversial at all. It has yet to irritate me half as much as 999 did.

#4658 Soul-Shaker  

Soul-Shaker

Posted 27 November 2015 - 04:57 PM

NISA is having their annual Holiday Sale starting this Tuesday.  They aren't usually good for price, but this year they're putting up some of the LEs that have been OOS for a while.   Here's the link to the blog post.

Dec 1 - Dec 7

• Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness Limited Edition will be available while supplies last for the reduced price of $74.99

Dec 1 Only

Dec 2 Only

Dec 3 Only

• The Guided Fate Paradox Limited Edition (Vita)

Dec 4 Only

Dec 5 Only

Dec 6 Only

Dec 7 Only

Wonder if they typoed Dec. 4 deal because its already on sale Dec 1-7.

Edit: Looking at the Blog post better, I think The Witch and the Hundred Knight Limited Edition was a example to show how much of a price drop and not a sale thru Dec 1-7.  So only Dec 4 will have it.  But Disgaea D2 seems to be thru duration while supplies last.

Also found another error from the blog post.

The Guided Fate Paradox Limited Edition (Vita) < isn't it PS3, don't think they made a new game just for this sale.

#4659 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:17 PM

Spoiler

They should restock Time and Eternity CE. 

#4660 Ur-APS   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11872 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:20 PM

Ill be buying Firefly Diary.

#4661 Soul-Shaker  

Soul-Shaker

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:27 PM

Oops mistake post

#4662 Batto47  

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:36 PM

I'm a bit biased due to the order I played them in, but I'd recommend playing 999 first. A fantastic series of games, but if you are hesitant about the genre and don't want to spend time exploring the different routes, definitely go with a spoiler-free guide while you play.

#4663 midlifecrisisMkII  

midlifecrisisMkII

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:45 PM

Wonder if they typoed Dec. 4 deal because its already on sale Dec 1-7.

Edit: Looking at the Blog post better, I think The Witch and the Hundred Knight Limited Edition was a example to show how much of a price drop and not a sale thru Dec 1-7.  So only Dec 4 will have it.  But Disgaea D2 seems to be thru duration while supplies last.

Also found another error

The Guided Fate Paradox Limited Edition (Vita) < isn't it PS3, don't think they made a new game just for this sale.

You're right on the GFP.  I should have known better since I own it.  Changed and thanks.  You're probably also right on the Witches LE, but I'm going to leave that one because it could also be that NISA just doesn't have anything else to fill that day.  They seem to have a lot of those Witches LEs though. It's just not very clear since it seems it could go either way from how NISA has it on the blog.

#4664 1iQuiD   Insane in the membrane. CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:02 PM

Dec 1 - Dec 7

Dec 1 Only

Dec 2 Only

Dec 3 Only

• The Guided Fate Paradox Limited Edition (PS3)

Dec 4 Only

Dec 5 Only

Dec 6 Only

Dec 7 Only

wait...they did a reprint of hToL#niq?

#4665 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40129 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:06 PM

Love Live! School Idol Festival arcade version announced

Now they just need to port this to Vita.

#4666 Ur-APS   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11872 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:07 PM

Maybe.....or they actually happened to come across a lost pallet like Gamestop. LOL. Hopefully, its same price. Or a little less

#4667 1iQuiD   Insane in the membrane. CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:21 PM

Btw, I don't know if this has been posted yet but this seemed pretty newsworthy.

http://www.engadget....853310018430795

TL;DR: We have to import our butt battles and read moon runes (who am I kidding, who's reading anything in this game).

#4668 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10552 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:01 PM

I'm going to say I haven't felt this feeling watching/reading/etc media entertainment in a while. I feel a strong disgust after playing Euphoria. I'm only 2 endings in but the story, characters, setting really set off my disgust meter. There is an interesting story underneath, but playing through it really could get to you. I hope the true end is as good as I've heard it is. I'm actually skipping the other 2 routes and going straight to the true end.....I really don't want to spend more time with this game than I have to. I can tell easily say that this game is a homage to 100 Days of Sodomy.

I may give a final thoughts after finishing said route with no spoilers of course. I just know the route leading to said true route really pushed my disgust meter, though it's interesting and all. Not for the faint of heart. I can't wait to palate cleanse my gaming with Neptunia or something afterward haha...

#4669 KudosConan   Procrastinator CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

KudosConan

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:27 PM

Is sword art online hollow fragment for the vita for $10 on PSN good? I like physical copies, but never imported before and it seems more expensive to have. Of course, I will be getting lost song physically, thank goodness that came over here physically. Just wanted to know people's thoughts on it. :D

#4670 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1989 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:39 PM

Thoughts on J Stars Victory+? Might get it for vita on psn sale for $12.

Btw, I don't know if this has been posted yet but this seemed pretty newsworthy.

http://www.engadget....853310018430795

TL;DR: We have to import our butt battles and read moon runes (who am I kidding, who's reading anything in this game).

We had a nice gentlemanly discussion about this and censorship a few pages ago. On the plus side, there will be an asian version that has english subs so no moon rune reading necessary.

I'm going to say I haven't felt this feeling watching/reading/etc media entertainment in a while. I feel a strong disgust after playing Euphoria. I'm only 2 endings in but the story, characters, setting really set off my disgust meter. There is an interesting story underneath, but playing through it really could get to you. I hope the true end is as good as I've heard it is. I'm actually skipping the other 2 routes and going straight to the true end.....I really don't want to spend more time with this game than I have to. I can tell easily say that this game is a homage to 100 Days of Sodomy.

I may give a final thoughts after finishing said route with no spoilers of course. I just know the route leading to said true route really pushed my disgust meter, though it's interesting and all. Not for the faint of heart. I can't wait to palate cleanse my gaming with Neptunia or something afterward haha...

Haha, with how excited you were about it, didn't you at least see the hentai already? I thought that would've prepared you for this.

#4671 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7712 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:40 PM

More than likely, this is just stock that was held back for damages and lost orders. They normally have a few releases scattered over a wide margin of months. This is probably the last of the last, so if anyone wants any of these items, especially the older ones, don't miss out. As there is a good chance some of these won't be seen again, while others may.

#4672 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2573 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:42 PM

Did Anyone catch Persona dancing on amazon lightning deals?
It says missed deal but i swear it never went up.

#4673 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2998 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:43 PM

Is sword art online hollow fragment for the vita for $10 on PSN good? I like physical copies, but never imported before and it seems more expensive to have. Of course, I will be getting lost song physically, thank goodness that came over here physically. Just wanted to know people's thoughts on it. :D

Do you know which one the corrected subtitles version is? The PS4 or Vita, or if it was even corrected at all?

#4674 Soul-Shaker  

Soul-Shaker

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:51 PM

Do you know which one the corrected subtitles version is? The PS4 or Vita, or if it was even corrected at all?

Re:hollow PS4 is the fixed subtitle version.

#4675 RollingSkull   Banned Banned   6307 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

RollingSkull

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:52 PM

100 Days of Sodomy reminds me of the last time I fought Ogre in Urban Reign.

#4676 Soul-Shaker  

Soul-Shaker

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:55 PM

Did Anyone catch Persona dancing on amazon lightning deals?
It says missed deal but i swear it never went up.

It never went up at all along with Disgaea 5, Persona 4 Ultimax, and Persona Q from what I saw.  I just got off phone with support and they aren't authorized to know anything about lightning deal info so he could only submit a ticket to Lightning deal department to check into it.

#4677 Supplice   Meta CAGiversary!   4863 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:56 PM

Is sword art online hollow fragment for the vita for $10 on PSN good?

Yes.

PS4.

#4678 Cloyd   Forever awaiting the English release of Moe Crystal. CAGiversary!   1040 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:04 PM

Everyone has weighed in and said its a good game, and the PS4 release was the one with the corrected Subs. I will say that the "Engrish" subs didn't deter my playing and I still enjoyed the game all the same. It has a MMO feel to it and now that its been out for some time, it should have a decent FAQ for you for all of the trophies. 

#4679 KudosConan   Procrastinator CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

KudosConan

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:10 PM

Okay thanks guys and I would get the PS4 version, if I had a PS4 haha. But with the feedback from you guys, this game has now been bought and is being downloaded on my vita. For $10 I agree, its a good price and better spent than on some other games priced at $10.

#4680 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1989 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2015 - 08:27 PM

Does Jstarsvictory+ have some kind of story mode? Is it like that Jump ultimate game on the DS? Or more Dragonball esque thing.