* * * * - 16 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 3.0

#6241 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1783 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 05:50 PM

Anyone want the Lionheart ps3 version shipped straight from best buy for exactly what I paid during the pricing glitch? I want the vita version I think, so I'm gonna pony up the extra cash. It is Christmas time after all. $33.91 if so, otherwise I'll probably just cancel it

I am kind of interested. But isn't it too late to change the shipping address by now? To be honest, I also want the vita version so if someone comes to you with a serious offer, go ahead and give it to them. I'm just sitting on the fence right now. Also it seems to be rare so you might just wanna hold onto it.

BTW, Amiami has Miracle Girls Festival back in stock for the time being.

LIAR! I may just wait and hope it goes on a sale later. I really suck at rhythm games.

#6242 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5784 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:03 PM

I am kind of interested. But isn't it too late to change the shipping address by now? To be honest, I also want the vita version so if someone comes to you with a serious offer, go ahead and give it to them. I'm just sitting on the fence right now. Also it seems to be rare so you might just wanna hold onto it.

LIAR! I may just wait and hope it goes on a sale later. I really suck at rhythm games.

Not sure where you're getting that it's "rare".  It's still available to order from Gamestop.com and Bestbuy.com and many Gamestop stores received extra copies.  Amazon looks to just have a delay in receiving their stock, but they are still taking orders as well.  

#6243 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:19 PM

:vita: The Arland Atelier Trilogy Plus - $79.99 - 8.8GB

#6244 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1783 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:24 PM

Not sure where you're getting that it's "rare".  It's still available to order from Gamestop.com and Bestbuy.com and many Gamestop stores received extra copies.  Amazon looks to just have a delay in receiving their stock, but they are still taking orders as well.  

Oh, my mistake.

Ooh~ If this ever goes for 50% off it'd be a steal.

#6245 elessar123  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:41 PM

If I own all three separately, do I get this one for free, or do I have to pay again?

#6246 jt23738  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:50 PM

If I own all three separately, do I get this one for free, or do I have to pay again?

I got all 3 for 16 bucks a while ago and this bundle lets me download to ps3 or Vita so I guess it's free

#6247 NeoMonk  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:55 PM

WANT!

But not at that ridicolous price...

#6248 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:55 PM

Game Atelier has released the first gameplay trailer of Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, its upcoming side-scrolling action adventure game created in cooperation with Monster World series creator Ryuichi Nishizawa. http://gematsu.com/2...ameplay-trailer

#6249 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5566 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:56 PM

So Steam is having their holiday sale from now until January 4th. I will probably go compile a list later, however since it's not as straight forward as exporting a sale list from a third party site such as steamdb it will take some time. Until then, the sale prices are probably similar to the last sale a month ago which you can find here.

Like mentioned already, if you own all three digitally you already "own" this. However if you go to download it, it will add each individual game into your download queue. It's not a single download, so it will still take up 3 spots on your Vita/PSTV.

#6250 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:58 PM

So Steam is having their holiday sale from now until January 4th. I will probably go compile a list later, however since it's not as straight forward as exporting a sale list from a third party site such as steamdb it will take some time. Until then, the sale prices are probably similar to the last sale a month ago which you can find here.

don't bother, it is the same sale prices as before, nothing new. basically a repeat sale

#6251 elessar123  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:58 PM

I got all 3 for 16 bucks a while ago and this bundle lets me download to ps3 or Vita so I guess it's free

I was being facetious, but I'm pleasantly surprised that they did this. I too, can download this pack.

#6252 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5566 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:59 PM

don't bother, it is the same sale prices as before, nothing new. basically a repeat sale

There are things to add to the list, so I think I will bother. I know there have been at least half a dozen new Japanese games on Steam in the last month which could potentially be added. I also probably missed a few more last time so I'll take a little time to double-check that as well.

#6253 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1471 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:00 PM

I was being facetious, but I'm pleasantly surprised that they did this. I too, can download this pack.

I can't but then I remembered I got Rorona plus for PS3.

#6254 Cloyd   Forever awaiting the English release of Moe Crystal. CAGiversary!   1038 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:07 PM

I can't but then I remembered I got Rorona plus for PS3.

I snagged the trilogy from Play-Asia some time ago, and at on point owned Rorona (NA), (EU), and (NA) Plus. Gave the NA one to my friend as a birthday gift. I own 6 Atelier games and have played a combined 3 hours into them. Might need to crank up them again to dig into the ever growing backlog. Doesn't help I've already pre-ordered Escha & Logy: Plus for Vita.

#6255 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1783 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:17 PM

Have all the PS3 and Vita Ateliers. I'm gonna wait until E&L+ goes to $20 to pick it up. Really looking forward to Shallie+.

#6256 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8657 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:22 PM

Have all the PS3 and Vita Ateliers. I'm gonna wait until E&L+ goes to $20 to pick it up. Really looking forward to Shallie+.

I usually pick up  + versions on PSN $20 or less sale. May pre-order Esha&Logy plus Vita but I really haven't played an Atelier game seriously since Totori.

#6257 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4662 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:25 PM

#6258 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1783 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:34 PM

Steam sale is lazy. Not even flash sales anymore? I might pick up Grandia 2 and TiTS1 since I still don't have it on PC.

Littlewitch Romanesque is being stubborn about the price. But I'm playing Eiyuu Senki on PC with the english patch ;3

Works pretty well. Only the H scenes aren't translated. Will still pick up on vita if fruitbatfactory ever releases the vita version.

Humble Bundle is a Square Enix Bundle. Only thing that catches my eye is the FFXIV for BTA which is at a reasonable <$4 now. Anything I should know about FFXIV? Like do ya need the DLC to really play it?

EDIT: Nevermind about FFXIV. "Note: Monthly subscription via a Square Enix account required to play.  New users will receive 30 days of free game time." They can take their monthly subscription fees and shove it.

#6259 elessar123  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:45 PM

Only the H scenes aren't translated.

あああああああああああ is just aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

#6260 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10993 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:52 PM

Pretty sure you can guess the context. If not, make up your own. :P

#6261 sovereignNX-73811   THINKS HE CAN TAKE the whole Ardanian Army CAGiversary!   5688 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:59 PM

I might pick up Grandia 2 and TiTS1 since I still don't have it on PC.

Let me know if you do pick up Trails FC; I'll have a little something fun for you to try. 

#6262 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1783 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:10 PM

Translating moans is actually very challenging work.

Let me know if you do pick up Trails FC; I'll have a little something fun for you to try. 

Will do. If I get it. Just bought some stuff on Amazon. And may take up ar4757 on his offer so suddenly this is becoming a very expensive week.

#6263 elessar123  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:14 PM

You mean, very hard work.

#6264 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1783 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:17 PM

You mean, very hard work.

Shit, how'd I miss that? You're right. It was very hard.

#6265 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4662 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:18 PM

PSN Store [Plus] has Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines for $5. 

#6266 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36525 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:18 PM

Oreshika is $5 for Plus members this week: https://store.playst...RESHIKA2EUUS000

EDIT: Beaten to the punch...

#6267 sovereignNX-73811   THINKS HE CAN TAKE the whole Ardanian Army CAGiversary!   5688 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:24 PM

But I thought the language of love was, you know...universal and stuff. 

Will do. If I get it. Just bought some stuff on Amazon. And may take up ar4757 on his offer so suddenly this is becoming a very expensive week.

Okay, welp you know where to find me! :)

#6268 Cloyd   Forever awaiting the English release of Moe Crystal. CAGiversary!   1038 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:32 PM

PSN Store [Plus] has Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines for $5. 

I started this a little while ago. O did very little to pay attention, so I'm basically just running around and killing demons until I can find a decent faq. 

#6269 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8657 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:43 PM

Oreshika gets very, very repetitive near the end of the game, but is a very good experience. Easily worth $5. Also quite hard for the last few areas.

#6270 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4256 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:50 PM

Have any of you read the comments on that page? People are all, "Zestiria's story?" Ffffffffffffffff  Fuck it!  Fuck it all!!!!!!1111ONEONEOEN"

I know I'm only 16 hours in on Zestiria, but tell me the rest of it isn't that bad because I had a good time with it. Plays even better on PC too. 

Too bad it'll be only 16 hours for awhile because of this game...

attachicon.gifCSIsRare.PNGattachicon.gifCSIsRarePS3.PNG

...wow...more rare than I thought it would be. For Phoenix anyways. Even Amazon's OOS on three of the four versions.

Keep in mind these are the standard versions; Lionheart versions are actually very easy to find right now in Phoenix, so get cracking you mother lurkers.

zestiria started out ok but everything fell apart by part 2.  The pacing was crap, you are forced to go on a fetch quest on part 3 to kill all the awful giganto monsters in dungeons that you may or may not of skipped since most are over leveled.  The story was mistranslated as well since the age of chaos is supposedly been around for hundreds of years but according to the game it only started 16 or so years ago.