* * * * - 16 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 3.0

#6961 NeoMonk  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:57 AM

So Marvelous is playing the "Must protect the feelings of random internet nerds" spell card...

#6962 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:10 AM

Arpiel Online’s Newest Class Is A Tomboy With Dog Ears

Nexon has unveiled a new class for its upcoming animal-themed action-MMORPG Arpiel Online (thanks 2P).

She’s called Dean Saver and is a tomboy with a dog tail and ears. She comes standard in a school outfit with shorts but can be dressed up in more protective clothes too.
http://www.siliconer...omboy-dog-ears/

#6963 sovereignNX-73811   THINKS HE CAN TAKE the whole Ardanian Army CAGiversary!   5688 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:05 AM

tumblr_nxvucpNTsi1tqxnl6o1_400.gif

Rosalina Looks fine to me.

Yeah I know what "looks fine."

#6964 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36525 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:17 AM

Former Konami Employee Asking Players To Keep Hope, Believes Company Will Redeem Itself

Yuichi Haga also offers his take on classic Suikoden titles coming to PS4.

Former online content producer Yuichi Haga who worked on Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and Suikoden, left the company earlier this year and shared his thoughts on fans losing faith in Konami. Replying to a fan who was venting his/her anger at Konami, Haga stated that that, “I understand how you feel. I’m a Konami game fan myself. Try and hold out hope a little more. If you can.”

Haga further states that, “I understand how you feel. But, almost everyone I ask say they can hold out and hope for a bit longer. Think you could too?”

Could Konami possibly redeem itself? Haga seems to believe so, stating that, “It’s hard I know. But let Konami redeem themselves and I’m sure over time they’ll earn your love again.”

As for whether we’ll see classic Suikoden series on the PlayStation 4 any time in the future, Haga said that, “I pushed all the Suikoden Games .. but those are the only ones I got to see released while at Konami.” Haga is referring to Suikoden 2 & 3 which released on PSN in late 2014 and mid-2015 respectively.

Haga will continue to make efforts to bring Suikoden to the PS4 though, despite no longer working at Konami. “I will still ask people at Konami to push for it. I still got some influence there I think.”

I'll try to be hopeful, but it's getting hard to believe in PachinKonami.

#6965 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1471 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:24 AM

Valkyrie Drive might be the first Vita game I import if it gets an English version. It doesn't have a screen rubbing mechanic correct? 

#6966 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:26 AM

Valkyrie Drive might be the first Vita game I import if it gets an English version. It doesn't have a screen rubbing mechanic correct? 

no, there are no screen rubbing mechanic for the player. the only rubbing that will be done are between the in game chars/heroines, and kissing

here is a snippet of it

#6967 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4662 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:48 AM

Visual Novel Sepia Tears free on Steam

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X for PS4/Vita Gets Screenshots Aplenty Showing Opening, Modules, Stages

#6968 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3464 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:51 AM

Yay, boobies!

#6969 stormzone  

stormzone

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:20 AM

Anybody think Nights of Azure will get a a CE from NISA? Gust and Koei stuff often do. But I don't think I've seen any Gust stuff published by anybody other than NISA before.

I really need something else from NISA. Stocks under 25% on Stranger of Sword City and I really want it, but I just can't bring myself to order it without free shipping. I would just order 2 copies, but I'm Canadian so that'll cost $175 (a single copy would cost $105...). And the Canadian dollar dropping could easily add another $10 before the ship date. Fuck

Yea it sucks! With the Canadian dollar dropping it makes it soo damn hard to order CE at NISA. I don't have enough money for all the games I want and there CE so gonna have to be really picky with the CE i get from NISA. I sorta wanted the physical copy of Atelier Escha and Logy since I am still on Meruru but not sure anymore >.<

#6970 NeoMonk  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:32 AM

Really tempted to Import DIVA X when it comes out.

Since we have no idea when we'll get it (probably late late in the year :wall: )

#6971 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1884 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:37 AM

Theatrhythm producer expresses interest in continuing the series

Theatrythm SaGa.  Make it happen Squeenix!

#6972 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:40 AM

In the crunch before the holidays, sometimes even we miss things. Publisher Aksys Games revealed the western release date for Langrisser: Re-Incarnation Tensei.

The upcoming Masaya Games-developed sequel will be launching on April 19th in North America, Europe, Hong Kong, Korea, and Taiwan, exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS; news confirmed over on the Aksys Games Twitter account.

http://nichegamer.co...t-for-april-19/

#6973 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11210 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:41 AM

I'd love to see a Theatrhythm on PS4 or Vita.

#6974 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4662 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:50 AM

The Legend Of Heroes: Trails Of Cold Steel II’s Translation Is 95% Complete

XSEED Games has released the first XSEEDingly Small Blog for The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II. These will go over the translation progress of the sequel to the December 2015 release. Work on this project began in February 2015 and, as a result, XSEED Games’ translation on the 1.45 million characters that make up the story is 95% complete.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II’s editing began after Trails of Cold Steel progress ended. XSEED Games passed the 40% mark in December and is currently at 42%. Right now, they’re preparing for recording the over 11,000 lines in the game, as that will begin in March.

XSEED Games does not yet have a release date for The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II. However, the company says they are progressing as expected and are on schedule. The game will be coming to the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.

#6975 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10992 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:53 AM

Only 5 more %!

#6976 hey imagamer  

hey imagamer

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:16 AM

Trecool kingdom sounds like some bad person in the 90s trying to be hip (trey cool kingdom brah).

Tre Cool is actually Green Day's drummer's nickname, you nailed the 90s reference though.

#6977 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1884 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:46 AM

Yay, boobies!

That should really just be the name of the thread at this point.  It would probably increase traffic. 

#6978 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4662 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:09 AM

Atlus CEO Naoto Hiraoka shared some information in an interview in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine on plans his company has for this year. 

“In 2015, we were able to develop existing IP on the side, such as Persona 4 Dancing and Etrian Mystery Dungeon,” said Hiraoka. “As for 2016 we’ll start out with Odin Sphere, then plan to release numerous titles.”

“This summer will have the long-awaited Persona 5,” he continued. “And of course, there are several unannounced titles, and it will surely be a year of gathering for Atlus’ popular series. While the release period is still undecided, I also hope you look forward to 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim by VanillaWare.”

Star Ocean 5 Gets Tons of Awesome Gameplay Footage; Final Box Art Revealed

Square Enix released a lot of new gameplay footage of the upcoming JRPG Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness, in the works at thehistorical Star Ocean studio tri-Ace.

The game is in the final stages of development. It will be released on March 31st in Japan for PS4 and PS3, and some time this year in the west for PS4 only.

The footage can be enjoyed in the video below, at the following marks: 00:27:55, 00:58:07, 01:03:55 and 01:06:25.

Sega released a new batch of screenshots of the upcoming remake of the original Yakuza game, Yakuza: Kiwami. The screenshots showcase four different side quests, giving us another look on the completely remade graphics of the game.

Marvelous announced that Story of Seasons: Good Friends of the Three Villages for Nintendo 3DS in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. Here’s a look at a preview from the magazine.

This year is the 20th anniversary for Harvest Moon (now known as Story of Seasons outside of Japan) series. The magazine teaser shows a few new characters along with a glimpse at the three villages with Rurukoko Town, Tsuyukusa Village, and Wes Town, which are all said to be different in their own ways.

Koei Tecmo producer Yosuke Hayashi and voice actress Ruriko Aoi are back with some more gameplay footage for Hyrule Warriors Legends. This time, we get a closer look at the new character Linkle.

The gameplay footage starts at the 2:36 mark, where we get to see some Epona action. Next is a look at some Great Fairy gameplay, then a look at some event scenes at 5:50. At 8:56 they show an event scene featuring the new character Linkle, which is followed up by some gameplay footage.

Rose and the Old Castle of Twilight Announced For PS Vita By Firefly’s Diary Makers

Nippon Ichi Software announced Rose and the Old Castle of Twilight for PlayStation Vita, a game by htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary makers, in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine.

The game’s direct and character designer is Masayuki Furuya, who also had the same roles for Firefly’s Diary. The game will have a similar flow to htoL#NiQ, and will be an old castle-exploring action title.

The player will take on the role as the protagonist, a young girl named Rose, along with a mysterious giant, to explore a devastated old castle, and you’ll need to find a way to escape.

In an interview with Furuya, he said that some people felt that Firefly Diary was a bit difficult to play, and some said that it was a bit too hard, so this new game is using the feedback for its development’s balance and adjustments.

The reason they didn’t make it into a Firefly’s Diary 2 is because it was simply just tough to visualize a part two, and if anything, he’d like to do a remake instead. He also mentioned that the protagonist in this game will also go through a painful experience.

Rose and the Old Castle of Twilight will release in Japan on April 28, 2016 for PlayStation Vita, and will go for 3,980 yen.

Gundam Breaker 3 Adds A Variety Of SD Units With Knight Gundam And More

This week’s issue of Famitsu magazine has revealed a list of new SD Gundams that will show up as support units in the upcoming title, Gundam Breaker 3. Here are the confirmed units. The SD Gundam units will be there as support units that can have set modules that share its effects with the entire party. While you won’t be able to customize them, you’ll get to change their colors.

Here’s the list of recently confirmed SD Gundam units: Knight Gundam, Full Armor Knight Gundam, Knight Unicorn Gundam, Command Gundam, Musha Gundam, Musha Godmaru, Musha Victory, & Zakuto (Yami Shogun).

Atelier Shallie Plus - Shallistera and Shallotte intro videos

Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster PC Gameplay 1080p 60 FPS

With Capcom’s Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster releasing later this month (January 19th on Xbox One, PS4, PC, Xbox 360 and PS3), we take a look at the game running on the PC with its impressive 1080p 60 FPS gameplay. Players can assume the dual roles of STARS member Rebecca Chambers and her on the run sidekick Billy Coen as they relive the classic Nintendo Gamecube game remade for current gen systems and PC. Take a look at our Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster PC gameplay video to get an idea of what to expect, and please excuse our rusty playing as it has been a while since we completed the original.

#6979 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5566 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:47 PM

Visual Novel Sepia Tears free on Steam

I swear these things pop up like flies when I'm not looking. Similarly, there is The Sad Story of Emmeline Burns for free on Steam as well that I missed last week. There is also Strawberry Vinegar that's on Steam which also released last week but not free. Both Yuri/Girls Love Visual Novels. Finally there's Frosty Kiss on Steam as well, which is free too.

All four of which aren't Japanese I'm pretty sure, but eh. Not worth the trouble with indie to try and figure out and goes well enough with the thread. Last one I linked is definitely Russian, but must have been released in English just last week.

#6980 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5566 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:56 PM

Also, it looks like Amazon has started some kind of Amazon Prime promotion with pre-orders. You get 20% off on all game pre-orders right now it seems so long as you have Amazon Prime. Maybe they're working on matching GCU? Not sure if this is permanent or not. Nor do I know if this works on everything, but so far so good.

You do have to re-order to get the discount. However it might be possible to call in to get that discount on some existing orders that are sold out such as Fire Emblem's Special Edition if you pre-ordered from Amazon and have Prime.

#6981 SinisterTaco  

SinisterTaco

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:01 PM

Also, it looks like Amazon has started some kind of Amazon Prime promotion with pre-orders. You get 20% off on all game pre-orders right now it seems so long as you have Amazon Prime. Maybe they're working on matching GCU? Not sure if this is permanent or not. Nor do I know if this works on everything, but so far so good.

You do have to re-order to get the discount. However it might be possible to call in to get that discount on some existing orders that are sold out such as Fire Emblem's Special Edition if you pre-ordered from Amazon and have Prime.

Does it show which games get it or is it a guessing game?

#6982 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36525 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:01 PM

Yeah, I'm going to try to get back $8 for my Zero Time Dilemma w/ Bonus Watch preorder from last July.

#6983 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36525 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:03 PM

Pick a game you want and scroll down to Special Offers. It qualifies if you see this:

"Prime Members get 20% off list price. Here's how (restrictions apply)"

EDIT: Sorry for the double-post.

#6984 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5566 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:04 PM

Literally everything I've tried has worked and it shows at checkout or in your order if you one-click checkout. This includes Odin Sphere Leifthrasir: Storybook Edition - PlayStation 4. So like Vigilante posted, it doesn't look like there's a restriction on which games as far as we know except for the obvious 'only sold by Amazon' thing.

#6985 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1782 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:22 PM

Well shit. Guess it may be for the better. I wanna see some vita gameplay footage dammit.

And them FPS drops on Shallie plus.

#6986 ar4757   Makoto x Joker is canon CAGiversary!   859 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:39 PM

A new Harvest Moon Story of Seasons! Awesome!

Rune Factory is up next, I can feel it!

#6987 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5566 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:55 PM

Yeah, I'm going to try to get back $8 for my Zero Time Dilemma w/ Bonus Watch preorder from last July.

I managed to get them to apply the 20% off on my Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition, so you shouldn't have an issue.

#6988 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36525 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:00 PM

I managed to get them to apply the 20% off on my Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition, so you shouldn't have an issue.

Yup, I just got $8+tax back on it with no trouble.

#6989 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4662 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:09 PM

I saw the 20% has been applied to my pre-orders without having to do anything. It probably takes a bit to update.

#6990 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11210 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:13 PM

Says it will be applied to all existing pre-orders right on the order pages (Saw it on the One Piece Marineford Edition page). I'd rather wait and see if it does before I contact them for all my out of stock preorders.

Just had to do a return for a broken New 3DS Fire Emblem plate (Which was somehow broken in the same manner as the one I had since launch) so I really don't want to earn Amazon's ban target on my back if I have to do it again.