* * * * - 16 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 3.0

#7921 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3816 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:49 AM

Valkyrie profile? Resonance of Fate?

Vesperia also happens to be the best Tales game, and Bandai Namco has gone downhill since then and probably won't ever be that great again at this rate.

Still debating about Resonance of Fate for which console. Wish they release on pc

#7922 Gershomcz  

Gershomcz

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:53 AM

Looks like this is Bravely Second CE on BB but not confirmed.

http://www.bestbuy.c...nvPlu2K99z3YuA 

#7923 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:05 AM

Looks like this is Bravely Second CE on BB but not confirmed.

http://www.bestbuy.c...nvPlu2K99z3YuA 

order first, and cancel if it is not

#7924 Nothing371   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   6979 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:31 AM

I guess I am strange because I thought Star Ocean 4 was great and that it and Resonance of Fate were two of the best RPGs on the PS3.

#7925 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8650 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:33 AM

I guess I am strange because I thought Star Ocean 4 was great and that it and Resonance of Fate were two of the best RPGs on the PS3.

I may get flak for this but I also thought the PS3 was lacking somewhat in really good RPGs....I still need to play some but what I played was mainly average.

#7926 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11325 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:56 AM

order first, and cancel if it is not

Bestbuy have 2 sku # with the same picture 1st msrp $39.99 and 2nd msrp $69.99. Can't add 2nd to the cart. :(

#7927 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:49 AM

Hatsune Miku Project Diva X PS Vita Gameplay Footage

#7928 sovereignNX-73811   THINKS HE CAN TAKE the whole Ardanian Army CAGiversary!   5688 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:53 AM

Falcom Sound Team's epic music is now up on Spotify! No more excuses for you guys.

#7929 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:24 AM

I may get flak for this but I also thought the PS3 was lacking somewhat in really good RPGs....I still need to play some but what I played was mainly average.

I actually agree with you when it comes to JRPGs, though I will say that Trails of Cold Steel is the best one of those I've played in years.

I also really liked some of the Western RPGs that were on PS3.

#7930 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:00 AM

You're definitely not wrong. The best PS3 RPGs were PS2 ports from Atlus. 

Not a fan of the Tales series, and Resonance of Fate was okay until I just stopped understanding half the shit I was doing in battles. 

EJtGQor.jpg

Hatsune Miku Project Diva X PS Vita Gameplay Footage

Can't wait. I wonder if they ditched all the touch stuff so it can finally be PSTV compatible. 

#7931 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:55 AM

Participant 2 Is revealed for Zero Time Dilemma

25 minutes of Chaos Code: New Sign of Catastrophe gameplay

SD Gundam G Generation Genesis video shows Unicorn Gundam vs. Sinanju

Metal Gear Online adds Quiet, three new maps

New Final Fantasy XIV trailer shows tons of fashionable gear

#7932 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4253 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:39 PM

Nah I think most people think that.  It doesn't help things that the ps3 lacks exclusives.  Its the reason why so many people waited on getting one even rpg wise.  I've liked what I played on it but nothing stands out to much besides maybe lost dimension and cold steel 1 and even those have their fair share or problems and aren't exclusives (though I've heard the vita versions aren't very good due to text side and frame rate issues).  The one thing I will say is the ps3 has some nice digital old titles an sales for them.

so4 wise I liked some things about it but between nerfing alot of the good systems from so3 and making the majority of side content farming drops, making the space ship a fricken fixed spot you had to waste time traveling to constantly, item creation being locked to said space ship, arena requires hours of tedious grinding to unlock the rank 1 matches for no reason, faize and the other mages have no real melee options but him specifically uses a sword and sarah uses a lance.  The secret dungeon being unplayable and ai derping out at the end of the game were the final straws for me.

#7933 WhirlwindMonk   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

WhirlwindMonk

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:15 PM

Dangit all, I missed all three ways to pre-order the Bravely Second CE? What are they doing, ordering ten of them each? I have the Bravely Default CE, and I'm going to be annoyed if I can't get the Bravely Second one to put next to it...

#7934 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1202 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 30 January 2016 - 04:09 PM

Dangit all, I missed all three ways to pre-order the Bravely Second CE? What are they doing, ordering ten of them each? I have the Bravely Default CE, and I'm going to be annoyed if I can't get the Bravely Second one to put next to it...

Still available at GameStop, but they do charge full MSRP and shipping.

#7935 Tothoro  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 04:23 PM

You're definitely not wrong. The best PS3 RPGs were PS2 ports from Atlus. 

Not a fan of the Tales series, and Resonance of Fate was okay until I just stopped understanding half the shit I was doing in battles. 

EJtGQor.jpg

The battle system in RoF was interesting for sure, but I wasn't a huge fan either. It took far too long to complete even very simple battles, and there was a more RNG involved than there should have been. The amount of bezels you have in the beginning of the game also creates a monstrous learning curve. The story was also very poorly presented and incomprehensible for most of the game.

I think my favorite thing about the PS3 was all of the collections. I didn't have a Playstation system until the PS3, but I was able to get FFX/X-2, Kingdom Hearts 1.5/2.5, and a ton of other games that I missed out on over the years for a relatively cheap price. It kinda made me wish I grew up with PS consoles instead of Nintendo ones.

#7936 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8650 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 04:45 PM

I do agree those collections were awesome. KH1.5 and 2.5, FFX HD collection, Shadows/Ico collection, MGS Legacy (though I did get the previous one with 3 HD games), Zone of the Enders HD, Ratchet and Clank...etc. Good upgrades for the most part and usually the most complete versions of games. Just awesome.

#7937 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19859 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:04 PM

Still available at GameStop, but they do charge full MSRP and shipping.

even with shipping it will be lower than what you will end up paying on ebay after it sold out

#7938 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:40 PM

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered Trophy List on Exophase

#7939 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20801 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:27 PM

18 copies of Tales of Zestiria CE for $100 left on Amazon, so if you were planning to wait it out, you may want to pull the trigger sooner rather than later.

#7940 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4657 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:36 PM

Adventures of Mana will launch for iOS and Android in North America and Europe, as well as PS Vita in Japan, on February 4, Square Enix announced.

Nintendo has shared a trailer for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD. The new trailer recaps the story of the upcoming Wii U remaster of the GameCube/Wii original.

Spike Chunsoft released the next DLC package for the Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky! The new DLC is the first collaboration one with the Valkyrie Profile!

Created by Chinese game developer Jiaqi Xiong Pocket Master takes the Pokemon you know and love and turns them into anime girls with garment designs based on the original designs.The game pulls no punches when it comes to copyright laws either, as many of the characters are named directly after Pokemon as well. Pocket Masters is available now on iOS and Android devices.

Watch Street Fighter V Producer Yoshinori Ono Play Against a Street Fighter Champion

#7941 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:33 PM

Adventures of Mana will launch for iOS and Android in North America and Europe, as well as PS Vita in Japan, on February 4, Square Enix announced. http://gematsu.com/2...ches-february-4

#7942 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20801 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:42 PM

Pocket Master Turns Pokemon Into Cute Anime Girls
Created by Chinese game developer Jiaqi Xiong Pocket Master takes the Pokemon you know and love and turns them into anime girls with garment designs based on the original designs.The game pulls no punches when it comes to copyright laws either, as many of the characters are named directly after Pokemon as well. Pocket Masters is available now on iOS and Android devices.

I see guy Pokemons too.

I FEEL JIPPED!

Adventures of Mana will launch for iOS and Android in North America and Europe, as well as PS Vita in Japan, on February 4, Square Enix announced. http://gematsu.com/2...ches-february-4

I wish this was coming out on the Vita too for NA. T___T

#7943 Toranth   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:48 PM

For a moment there, I was confused.

#7944 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1443 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:30 PM

Metal Gear Online adds Quiet, three new maps

Nice! Glad they're adding Quiet. I'm hoping, at some point, we get some "classic" maps from previous MGO games, like Groznyj Grad from MGO2.

#7945 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:38 PM

Summon Night 6 off-screen gameplay footage

IA/VT -Colorful- will have more DLC on the way to coincide with the release of the new Best version
12122506_881976251923406_837894782790969

#7946 Kameleon   Gaming Mark CAGiversary!   464 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Kameleon

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:55 PM

Pocket Master Turns Pokemon Into Cute Anime Girls

There was a Pokemon mod (Leaf Green/Fire Red maybe?) that I once played which changed all the Pokemon to girl characters. I think it was called Moemon.

#7947 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10986 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:59 PM

Psh. I play Moemon on Gameboy Emulator. Lol

#7948 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   4253 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:06 PM

I do agree those collections were awesome. KH1.5 and 2.5, FFX HD collection, Shadows/Ico collection, MGS Legacy (though I did get the previous one with 3 HD games), Zone of the Enders HD, Ratchet and Clank...etc. Good upgrades for the most part and usually the most complete versions of games. Just awesome.

the ico collection has imput lag from what I heard thus why I passed on it. But yeah I like all the collections.  Though I already have the majority of them on ps2.  kh collection only reason I even got it was for bbs on console.  sure would be nice if they did a suikoden collection, .hack collections and wild arms among other things so people who don't have those can get them.

#7949 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:22 PM

Mighty No. 9 PS4 Trophy List

#7950 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10986 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:24 PM

The Valkyria Chronicles Trophy List seems easy enough