#1261 stormzone  

stormzone

Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:48 PM

Jumping on the bandwagon for the addition please 

stormzone13

#1262 Draginite   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:12 PM

Feel free to add me, NinjaMonkey1028

#1263 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5726 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:42 PM

Hmm. I wonder if Sony will add events that can be created by the communities and then have then have them appear on your events calendar. It would be super useful for coordinating multiplayer things as I'm sure some people would like to play with full parties in games like the Sword Art Online, Destiny, etc. Though I suppose with larger communities this can become abused with too many events so tools would need to be put in place to help prevent that.

#1264 jimmywolf   wolf CAGiversary!   493 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:22 PM

that a really good idea, could make it only mods of the communities or only assigned people can start events. that way you don't get a spam of 50 events for the week, every week depending on how many community you joined. their lot potential for player events/multiplayer games but in it current form it a little.... basic

#1265 cardinalfan165   CAG Sensei CAGiversary!   63 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

cardinalfan165

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:09 PM

Jumping on like everyone else haha. cardinalfan165 here.

#1266 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2998 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:32 PM

Hey guys, just updating you all on the community, I'm not going to be back until next Friday, so I might have to wait until then to accept the new requests. I'm not sure if mods can approve it, or if I can run it from the mobile App, but I'll try something.

Which brings me to the point of Mods. I didn't realize this was a feature, but you guys can decide who wants to be a mod or not. I can even make every member a mod if you guys want. I didn't want to specifically choose people or anything, so you guys just give me a heads up either here or on the community wall if you want to be a mod and I'll mod you. It's as simple as that. I don't know if you guys want a limit for the number of mods, or if you want any specific people to be responsible. I don't know either what the mod's abilities are, but hopefully it's whatever I am able to do as well.

This is the current list of people either joined, or I have invited:

Spoiler
You can request any of them to join.

I've also changed to icon to Draekon's picture, so huge shoutouts to him for the help! Anyway, feel free to submit any other suggestions for the icon, and I'll change it biweekly, or monthly, or whenever.

Thanks guys for the support!

#1267 KudosConan   Procrastinator CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

KudosConan

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:45 PM

So far only have a psvita and a ps3, but would love to join if possible as well, ninjaforce14 is my id :D

#1268 Ur-APS   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11872 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:47 PM

imagejqpab.jpg

Regarding Muv-Luv on a Physical Cart for the Vita. Already better than Sekai Project. 

Also, Muv-Luv's Kickstarter already surpassed Clannad and it still has 30 days to go. #1 Visual Novel indeed.

#1269 RollingSkull   Banned Banned   6307 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

RollingSkull

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:48 PM

I know at least ONE of you is looking at P4:DAN without having beat Persona 4. You don't have to play the story mode to enjoy the game. All but two songs can be played in the Free Dance mode right off the bat. Only two songs are story locked, so if you are picking it up to consume as a side dish next to P4G and don't want to rush into the story, you're perfectly fine just playing Free Dance.

#1270 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1700 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:16 PM

I know at least ONE of you is looking at P4:DAN without having beat Persona 4. You don't have to play the story mode to enjoy the game. All but two songs can be played in the Free Dance mode right off the bat. Only two songs are story locked, so if you are picking it up to consume as a side dish next to P4G and don't want to rush into the story, you're perfectly fine just playing Free Dance.

I'm playing P4: DAN with playing P4. I would say that if your moderately aware of what happens in 4, you can still enjoy the story mode of DAn without having 4 ruined for you.

#1271 RollingSkull   Banned Banned   6307 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

RollingSkull

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:20 PM

From the looks of the story that seems to be the case but I only just cleared chapter 1 so far so I am waiting to give an authoritative statement until I have some authority on the matter.

#1272 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5726 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:28 PM

Hey guys, just updating you all on the community, I'm not going to be back until next Friday, so I might have to wait until then to accept the new requests. I'm not sure if mods can approve it, or if I can run it from the mobile App, but I'll try something.

Which brings me to the point of Mods. I didn't realize this was a feature, but you guys can decide who wants to be a mod or not. I can even make every member a mod if you guys want. I didn't want to specifically choose people or anything, so you guys just give me a heads up either here or on the community wall if you want to be a mod and I'll mod you. It's as simple as that. I don't know if you guys want a limit for the number of mods, or if you want any specific people to be responsible. I don't know either what the mod's abilities are, but hopefully it's whatever I am able to do as well.

Moderator: A moderator is a player who can act on behalf of the owner to approve requests to join a Community or post messages of the day. The owner can select any member from the Community to become a moderator.

I can invite people while you're away if you want. I know I "invited" 3 people as a test earlier today and they may have showed up as requests for you since it did pretty much nothing on my side.

EDIT: Apparently Moderator also gives one the ability to edit the community description, timezone, language as well as logo and background.

#1273 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1648 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 04 October 2015 - 07:09 PM

Alright, almost time for Disgaea 5.

Too many games coming out now. Also with Transformers out this week and Dragon Quest Heroes, Tales of Zestiria, Yoshi, Earth Defense Force 4.1, Corpse Party, and some I'm probably forgetting. I need to hurry up and decide which games to buy at release and which to wait on.

#1274 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2110 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2015 - 07:16 PM

looks like Ys: Memories of Celceta finally got official compatibility with the Vita TV. It only took people hacking the whitelist for them to do it.

#1275 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1461 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 04 October 2015 - 07:40 PM

I'd say limiting the mods to only a handful might the way to go. I can see it devolving into a mess if there's too many--and of course, the same could be said if there's not any. Not sure how these PS4 communities fully operate, but I'm guessing as owner you have full mod authority. I'd definitely nominate Draekon for a mod position as well.

#1276 Ur-APS   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11872 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2015 - 07:43 PM

looks like Ys: Memories of Celceta finally got official compatibility with the Vita TV. It only took people hacking the whitelist for them to do it.

So i can put in my Vita TV right now and it would work? 

#1277 aerozero   The man from nowhere CAGiversary!   1026 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:24 PM

imagejqpab.jpg

Regarding Muv-Luv on a Physical Cart for the Vita. Already better than Sekai Project. 

Also, Muv-Luv's Kickstarter already surpassed Clannad and it still has 30 days to go. #1 Visual Novel indeed.

I'm 90% sure Japan is going to get a physical release, and if they do, I hope they make a MUV-LUV themed Vita.

I would import one instantly.

#1278 Gershomcz  

Gershomcz

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:25 PM

I think to have a limit to mods. Pick the ones that have been the most helpful (or active). Maybe eventually have up to 5 of them. I also support Draekon as mod.

#1279 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20334 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:49 PM

All you have to do is to back $1 for Muv-Luv, that way you can upgrade if something neat pops up in the future

#1280 1iQuiD   Insane in the membrane. CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:55 PM

Soul as in her eyes look dead/glassy, not a comment about the game itself.  Sorry. 

Ah, I can't argue with that. After you said that, I fired up my PS TV only to see IA's glassy eyes stare right back into mine. It was chilling.

Edit: I still adore her 2D representations. 

#1281 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1700 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 04 October 2015 - 09:47 PM

I'm thinking we can use the community chat function to send out notifications when certain games go up for pre-order, like collectors editions and gcu updates.

This would be especially useful since the Line group seems to self destruct every other week.

#1282 Bervda   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   205 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2015 - 09:58 PM

I'm thinking we can use the community chat function to send out notifications when certain games go up for pre-order, like collectors editions and gcu updates.

This would be especially useful since the Line group seems to self destruct every other week.

Shouldn't that be the purpose of this thread that's in the deals section of Cheap Ass Gamer?

#1283 DplusT  

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:09 PM

Are these ps4 communities invite only? If so could someone invite me? Psn: CTdan

#1284 kintanos   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:25 PM

Are these ps4 communities invite only? If so could someone invite me? Psn: CTdan

Don't know if it works since there was no confirmation, but sent you the invite.

#1285 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5726 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:34 PM

Don't know if it works since there was no confirmation, but sent you the invite.

I got the same thing as Moderator, but I don't know what an Owner sees as I never tested that far myself. However if they're friended with someone in the group and make a request to join, then I can go accept that. So if my invite didn't work (I sent it prior to yours probably), then they'd need to make a request from browsing a friends communities and requesting an invite which I can then accept. If that's the case, then I'll have to send out friend requests for a week.

Why didn't Sony flesh this out better? It seriously can't be that hard.

(10,000 seems to be the max limit on members. So we're in the green there.)

#1286 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:37 PM

I got the same thing as Moderator, but I don't know what an Owner sees as I never tested that far myself. However if you're friended with someone in the group and make a request to join, then I can go accept that. So if my invite didn't work (I sent it prior to yours probably), then they'd need to make a request from browsing a friends communities and requesting an invite which I can then accept.

Why didn't Sony flesh this out better? It seriously can't be that hard.

(10,000 seems to be the max limit on members. So we're in the green there.)

i doubt we will break over 1000 number. LOL

maybe if this was neogaf or reddit,, or 4chan

#1287 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2573 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:39 PM

Can we fight other groups now? And take over turf?

#1288 NeoMonk  

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:41 PM

What I've been doing is sending friend invites to people who list their PSN here.

Once accepted they can check their "friends communities" and find ours listed there with ease and join themselves.

But yeah we need more than 1 person confirming acceptances.

#1289 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:42 PM

Can we fight other groups now? And take over turf?

LOL, yeah send miku to fight

#1290 Zimfier   Y-You too... CAGiversary!   135 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:53 PM

LOL, yeah send miku to fight

Miku wouldn't fight, she'd just hand them a leek and they would be assimilated in the fold.