* * * * - 16 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 3.0

#2011 NeoMonk  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:05 AM

Omega Labyrinth introduces Rinne, and details several weapons and battle elements

2323232.jpg

#2012 ragnar14   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2005 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:06 AM

What movie are these GIFs from?

Wanted http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0493464/

Edit: beaten by like 10 minutes, perhaps I should refresh more often

I wanted one of those pretty bad when they came out, I just couldn't find a reasonable Canadian source. Now the resale prices are nuts, it was <$20 IIRC.

#2013 NeoMonk  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:47 AM

Spoiler

ezgifcom-r5533.gif

#2014 chicagocubsfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1509 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

chicagocubsfan

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:26 AM

Did anyone watch Future Diary here? Probably the worst main character ever but for some reason I kept watching.

#2015 kickalillas2   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1700 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

kickalillas2

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:30 AM

2323232.jpg

Flat+is+justice+_f1f446bfa1d98c5609e3623

#2016 Ur-APS   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11872 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:36 AM

Muv Luv Stuff:

From Kickstarter Update #11: "We are hoping the English (Vita) version will be available in time to coincide with the PC releases."

In regards to Muv Luv, the Muv Luv Fan Translaters had a podcast with the Muv Luv people and there was an interesting tidbit about the translation.

Translations: They talked with Amaterasu Translations and Alternative Projects, both groups are completely on board the project. There's a huge amount of work already done and there's no reason to ignore it and start from 0. They'll be working along Degica staff and ixtl with the polishing of the script, upgrading the overall quality of the translation as much as possible.

#2017 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11240 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:45 AM

Spoiler

I can't tell if this is actually suppose to come off as funny or not.

#2018 dtcgb  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:50 AM

Spoiler

21b.gif

I don't typically see much trolling on CAG, so I honestly can't tell if this is just an unfunny joke post or normal behavior for this dude.

#2019 marineal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1625 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

marineal

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:02 AM

Does the code for $15 off Jet.com still work? Cause if it does, i kinda wanna get Etrian Odyssey 2: Untold for $28 shipped. 

#2020 G_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   2573 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:16 AM

Did anyone watch Future Diary here? Probably the worst main character ever but for some reason I kept watching.

I thought it was great!

#2021 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11240 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:19 AM

21b.gif

I don't typically see much trolling on CAG, so I honestly can't tell if this is just an unfunny joke post or normal behavior for this dude.

Its pretty normal for this dude. Not really sure what his deal is.

#2022 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2460 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:39 AM

Not excited at all; already have Senran Kagura and Little Kings story on the vita.

Only the PC People are happy. Lol

It's not a surprise XSeed seems to be a big fan of digital. No one expects a physical release for PC games anymore since they're all just steam keys anyway.

#2023 KudosConan   Procrastinator CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

KudosConan

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:43 AM

I liked the show and enjoyed it, hut I agree the main character was a tad unlikable. But his crazy yandere girlfriend is awesome haha. A decent show and worth the watch in my book

#2024 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1582 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:46 AM

I was just wondering because they've changed them so much but are the Earth Defense Force PS4 and Vita release dates confirmed or are they just placeholders like some other XSEED stuff lately? I think EDF 4.1 is 12/08 and EDF 2 is 11/24, They haven't really gotten much attention with everything else going on. I really need to just go ahead and pre-order everything from Best Buy before I forget or I'll just have more shipping issues. All my pre-orders lately have been over a week late even if I purchased it months in advance. I can't imagine what it will be like during the holidays.

P.S. Actually I can imagine it, I just don't want to.

#2025 sovereignNX-73811   rolling (over) back in style CAGiversary!   5692 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:49 AM

I was just wondering because they've changed them so much but are the Earth Defense Force PS4 and Vita release dates confirmed or are they just placeholders like some other XSEED stuff lately? I think EDF 4.1 is 12/08 and EDF 2 is 11/24, They haven't really gotten much attention with everything else going on. I really need to just go ahead and pre-order everything from Best Buy before I forget or I'll just have more shipping issues. All my pre-orders lately have been over a week late even if I purchased it months in advance. I can't imagine what it will be like during the holidays.

P.S. Actually I can imagine it, I just don't want to.

That XSeed guy on the forums said that if they didn't put the release date in a press release it isn't a solid date. So if they didn't formally announce it, it's going to be placeholder. :-(

#2026 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1582 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:04 AM

That XSeed guy on the forums said that if they didn't put the release date in a press release it isn't a solid date. So if they didn't formally announce it, it's going to be placeholder. :-(

Thank you, that's pretty much what I was referring to. I was hoping I had missed something, Tom's a pretty cool guy, he seems old school, at least he always tries to answer everyone's questions, even when they're dumb as shit. Anyways... what else do I need to get. I think I have most of everything NA already pre-ordered, time to look at the imports. :)

#2027 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6315 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:04 AM

Another Trails of Cold Steel trailer:

Voice acting is embarrassingly bad so far. I'll play it on release anyway, but I really hope that an undub patch comes out for CFW PS3s.

blegh normally I am not one to complain about voice work but damn I agree that performance was pretty bad.  Especially shion 2.0 in the other trailer on this page.  I haven't seen bad work like that since anime in the 90's and early 2000's.  It doesn't help that everything is moving in unison at the beginning of the 2nd trailer either.

On a different subject The combat looks great.  Digging the srpg style turn based stuff there similar to arc the lad 4 back on the ps2.

#2028 RollingSkull   Banned Banned   6307 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

RollingSkull

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:34 AM

all these people with trashy sluts for waifus smdh

#2029 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2460 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:54 AM

Lots of people have chibi robo listed for about $20 shipped on amazon. http://www.amazon.co...8&condition=new Probably from the dell deal.

#2030 NeoMonk  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 05:02 AM

Spoiler

1mikua54a.gif

#2031 Commodore Wheeler   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Commodore Wheeler

Posted 16 October 2015 - 05:15 AM

Its pretty normal for this dude. Not really sure what his deal is.

Speaking of which, is there an ignore list on this forum? I'm about to use it if there is one.

#2032 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:34 AM

Where the DOA 'dickgirls'?

Do you not have internets? Quick search of rule 34 should find plenty =P

Another Trails of Cold Steel trailer:

Voice acting is embarrassingly bad so far. I'll play it on release anyway, but I really hope that an undub patch comes out for CFW PS3s.

Really? I've seen WAY worse. This is just mediocre.

Speaking of which, is there an ignore list on this forum? I'm about to use it if there is one.

for some reason the last update made it convoluded to get to. You cant just click a name and ignore it you have to go to your user settings by clicking on your portrait on the top right of the forum, go to edit profile then there should be a setting for 'ignore preferences' there. 

#2033 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1582 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:04 AM

Atelier Sophie gets new trailer showing gameplay and anime cutscenes

Latest Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 scan revealed more details on Juubi boss battle

Digimon World: Next Order screenshots show Angemon, Kyubimon, and more

Yo-kai Watch Busters ‘Moon Rabbit Team’ update trailer

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 screenshots

First screenshots of Capcom's classic revival Pang Adventures arrive

This week's Famitsu scans

PS4’s Nier sequel is mostly developed by PlatinumGames

Dizzy announced as a playable character for Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator

Xenoblade developer posts for “urgent” and “mass” openings

Wall Street Journal: Nintendo begins distributing dev kits for NX

Genei Ibun Roku #FE (SMT X FE) gets new screenshots, artwork, and voice samples; Character trailers for singer Kiria Kurono and actress Eleonora Yumiziru

Square Enix trademarks Shinra Game System, Sony trademarks PlayEnglish

First look at Naraku in Senran Kagura: Estival Versus

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water trailer shows Zelda and Zero Suit Samus costumes

Mugen Souls for PC launches October 22 at $19.99

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters: Daybreak Special Gigs' new trailer features rock song by Nobuo Uematsu

Tales Of Zestiria "My name is Sorey" English launch trailer

#2034 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1989 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:52 PM

Where did RollingSkull's post go? I wanted to 'like' it. :(

Yuno was fantastic. You need no other reason to watch it.

#2035 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1461 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:27 PM

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water trailer shows Zelda and Zero Suit Samus costumes

Those costumes look great, as does the game. But I can't help but hate Nintendo a little more each time I see anything about this title. 

#2036 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1582 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:42 PM

tumblr_mq4lffLS0H1swb02fo1_500.gif

#2037 Pikagreg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1797 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:45 PM

Fatal Frame news just brings out the rage like PSO2. 

#2038 sovereignNX-73811   rolling (over) back in style CAGiversary!   5692 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:49 PM

tumblr_mq4lffLS0H1swb02fo1_500.gif

So you're telling me...that RollingSkull's afraid of women?

#2039 Ur-APS   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11872 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2015 - 05:09 PM

Minor Update on Muv-Luv.

If it doesn't pop up:

Minor Announcement: Physical Vita(EN) cartridges are _almost_ limited to the KS. It may take time before we _look into_ regular EN release.

So if you're interested in the Physical Vita version of the Muv Luv games, get in on it now. Or before it ends

#2040 RollingSkull   Banned Banned   6307 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

RollingSkull

Posted 16 October 2015 - 05:26 PM

Don't ask me. Apparently in addition to being drooling incompetents, the CAG mods also have truly awful taste in waifus smdh. How sad. Worse, they're all extremely racist and bigoted too.*

Do they not realize white knighting sluts like Luka will not make her love them? What a Fuck ing embarrassment!

*Now they won't delete this post. Because I shielded it with the sorts of things they don't delete. :3