* * * * - 16 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 3.0

#2281 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11866 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:05 AM

The only endings I liked in Conception 2 to were Feene's and the Pink Haired Girl's.

#2282 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2015 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:16 AM

Vita though honestly the game is pretty average. If you really want a dungeon crawling game though....go for it.

Same for me. Finished it, but didn't enjoy it very much. Game felt really boring and just nothing special about it. 

And +1 on Vita. I never played the 3DS one, but there doesn't seem to be any reason to get that one over the Vita. 

Vita fourthed. Like others have said, it's pretty "meh" as a game, though.

Well, it doesn't matter if it's any good when It's only going to be backlogged. I just don't like double-dipping across multiple systems/handhelds.

#2283 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2995 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:20 AM

Hey guys, this isn't much of a deal, but Playasia's weekly specials have P4D CE for $17 off their price, so $73, and IA/VT Crystal Box for $19 off, so it's $96.

P4D CE $73

http://www.play-asia...ition/13/708vj9

IA/VT Crystal Box $96

http://www.play-asia...l-box/13/707len

As usual the shipping is bound to be expensive, but there are free pick up options for a few chain stores in Asia.

#2284 NeoMonk  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:27 AM

Solaris has it for $89 shipped. http://solarisjapan....ful-crystal-box

Dunno why but it seems like the price is going up on this thing :-k

#2285 Tothoro  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:26 AM

Solaris has it for $89 shipped. http://solarisjapan....ful-crystal-box

Dunno why but it seems like the price is going up on this thing :-k

It's been getting a surprising amount of word-of-moth publicity for an import game, interest is probably driving price up. Didn't the XSEED VP praise it in his recent interview? That might have something to do with its spike in popularity.

#2286 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20078 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:43 AM

direct link to Alisha DLC.  Get it while it is still free.

https://store.plays tation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/tales-of-zestiria-bonus-chapter-alisha's-conviction/cid=UP0700-CUSA02510_00-AE000ZZ000000008

remove the space between playstation

#2287 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:46 AM

direct link to Alisha DLC.  Get it while it is still free.

https://store.plays tation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/tales-of-zestiria-bonus-chapter-alisha's-conviction/cid=UP0700-CUSA02510_00-AE000ZZ000000008

remove the space between playstation

Thanks, I woulda missed this, since I'm trying to finish up DQH before i start ToZ :)

#2288 Bandersnatch84   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   155 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Bandersnatch84

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:58 AM

Oreshika English version for $46.99 from ebay seller, only 1 left.

#2289 dnl2ba   Inadvertent collector CAGiversary!   494 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:09 AM

Oreshika English version for $46.99 from ebay seller, only 1 left.

I had no idea what that is. While I looked up a review, someone snapped up that last one. Oh well.

#2290 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:11 AM

The joke was that the character has no boobs, thus making it a normal mousepad.

This lol.

Sorry i have no idea who the hell Maria is and dont really give a crap about DOA. Just saw the mention of the mousepad

#2291 Bandersnatch84   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   155 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Bandersnatch84

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:29 AM

I had no idea what that is. While I looked up a review, someone snapped up that last one. Oh well.

I've not played it, but I believe the only way to get a physical copy is by buying the asian version which was bought up quickly and has been selling for around $100. Looks like that ebay seller has been selling them every now and then for a couple months cheaply. Guess I just had eerily perfect timing checking for it :shock:.

#2292 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37578 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:48 PM

The used-copy price for Atelier Rorona Plus dropped to $9.99 at Gamestop: http://www.gamestop....f-arland/114996

#2293 bappt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   925 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:51 PM

The used-copy price for Atelier Rorona Plus dropped to $9.99 at Gamestop: http://www.gamestop....f-arland/114996

Nice. It goes to about $14 with the cheapest shipping option and tax, but considering the next closest place is half an hour away I think that evens out. That version of the game is FAR better than one in the Atelier Arland collection they're selling for $40

E: $12.32 thanks to that code below.

#2294 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2101 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:58 PM

so kickstarter will be in the works for Snatcher reboot?

Fixed that for you.

All I want is snatcher on vita

:pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Also for Atelier if you use the code cag16 plus your powerup rewards card you can get it down to $7.55 before shipping and tax.

#2295 infasis  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:53 PM

For what it's worth, I was able to upgrade my Bloodstained tier from $150 to $175 after its intial Kickstarter campaign was over. I'm assuming it works the same here.

Thanks for all the help with this stuff. I think I'm gonna start getting more involved with Kickstarters that go about things responsibly. It makes me really happy that VNs seem to keep gaining more interest on vita (and just in general) in the west. I hope other companies are seeing this and start giving us more of them.

(I really hope that new version of Narcissu gets a vita version since they said they're "looking into other platforms")

#2296 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7497 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:10 PM

Fixed that for you.

All I want is snatcher on vita

:pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

I so agree^, Until Kojima returns to Snatcher, I could care less where he goes or what he does. I've had enough MGS to last me 10 lifetimes, and not enough Snatcher to fill a thimble. Snatcher is Kojima's best unplayed game, and easily one of my top 10 greats of all time. I've played and finished at least 5-6 times just in recent years alone.

#2297 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:50 PM

Atelier Sophie Shows How You’ll Get To Customize Plachta’s Doll Form

New Details and Screenshots for One Piece: Burning Blood

Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force Screenshots Show Its Girls In Action

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final Official Website Opened, Screenshots

Make Your Own Pikachu at Build-A-Bear Workshop Next Year, Poké Ball (Hoodie) Included

Square Enix Wants to Revitalize Old IPs, Create New Ones, Deliver High Quality Content and Explore VR

Digimon World: Next Order Shares More On Its Game System And Two Heroines

Report: Pokken Tournament “In the Red” and Being Removed from Japanese Arcades

Undead Darlings  ~no cure for love~, A Visual Novel/RPG Hybrid By Former NISA Employees Will Survive Thanks to Greenlight Supporters

A Real Life Pokémon Gym Is Opening In Japan Next Month

SSJ4 Broly & SSJ4 Gogeta Coming To 3DS Exclusive Dragon Ball Heroes 2 In November

New BlazBlue: Central Fiction Details, Score Attack, Super Ring, and More

Capcom Creates 44 Halloween Costumes For Ultra Street Fighter IV Characters

Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden Will Get Online Battle Mode & Dragon Ball Heroes Ultimate Mission 2 Collaboration

Get Better Acquainted with Laura’s Electrifying Moveset in Street Fighter V

This Week's Famitsu Scans

#2298 sovereignNX-73811   rolling (over) back in style CAGiversary!   5692 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:09 PM

Square Enix Wants to Revitalize Old IPs, Create New Ones, Deliver High Quality Content and Explore VR

Will believe that when I see remastered SO 1 and 2...and maybe the old DQ games redone outside of the pesky Android platform.

Speaking of SE, Logging in a little over an hour of Dragon Quest Heroes; it was pretty fun and fairly funny...too bad I was too tired to laugh by the time I got to loading it (read: late night and late to work next morning)

#2299 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40110 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:20 PM

Second Evolution is coming to Vita which is good enough for me.

#2300 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9879 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:57 PM

Yeah SO1 is pretty good too (not as good as SO2 imho still my favorite from that series). I hope for a re-release like SO2 is getting esp since S-E doesn't want to put it on PSN. 

#2301 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37578 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:59 PM

Will believe that when I see remastered SO 1 and 2...and maybe the old DQ games redone outside of the pesky Android platform.

Speaking of SE, Logging in a little over an hour of Dragon Quest Heroes; it was pretty fun and fairly funny...too bad I was too tired to laugh by the time I got to loading it (read: late night and late to work next morning)

DQVIII needs to be ported to Vita and it is a  Fuck ing travesty that Square-Enix chose the 3DS instead.

#2302 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11866 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:23 PM

CRzf7LOUcAQeRug.png

Trillion: God of Destruction coming west in spring 2016

#2303 dtcgb  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:25 PM

CRzf7LOUcAQeRug.png

Is this a product of the mass migration of NIS employees to Idea Factory? Looks exactly like Disgaea.

#2304 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   37578 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:28 PM

CRzf7LOUcAQeRug.png

That's one less candidate for the December localization announcement.

#2305 sovereignNX-73811   rolling (over) back in style CAGiversary!   5692 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:29 PM

DQVIII needs to be ported to Vita and it is a  Fuck ing travesty that Square-Enix chose the 3DS instead.

It even got ported to Android...sans the voices and (orchestrated) music too. Got excited when I first saw it and then gave way to disappointment.

#2306 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11866 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:33 PM

That's one less candidate for the December localization announcement.

Probably more Otome Games. lol.

#2307 Tothoro  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:42 PM

Apparently the "sexy" costumes from Fatal Frame caused backlash in Japan and that's why they were censored:

http://kotaku.com/ga...otic-1641111438

The article is from Kotaku, though, so take it with a grain (or bucket) of salt.

#2308 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40110 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:51 PM

Apparently the "sexy" costumes from Fatal Frame caused backlash in Japan and that's why they were censored:

The article is from Kotaku, though, so take it with a grain (or bucket) of salt.

I would have preferred sexy costumes for the ghosts.

#2309 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1214 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:07 PM

The fact that the outfits kill the scary/horror atmosphere was a big bonus for those outfits. I don't like scary games, but Fatal Frame always seemed kind of interesting even though it is scary. If you don't like them they're just extras though - don't use them. My complaint would've been that you actually have to beat the game once without them first to unlock them. :P

Corpse Party is sort of the same. I'm worried I won't like it, but it seems interesting enough to at least try.

#2310 sovereignNX-73811   rolling (over) back in style CAGiversary!   5692 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:08 PM

So I'm just here chillin' (mundane work, lol) to the Tales of Zestiria soundtrack. I gotta say, while it seems Motoi's music is still not done by a live orchestra, it seems to have a lot more fidelity and a "live" effect on it making it almost convince me it's not a sound bank. Whatever magic they put to it, it gives more life and soul to the music that's still signature hit-n-miss Sakuraba. The hits so far hit harder than most of his other hits in the Tales scores so far. 

Have yet to hear Shiina's part of the music but I'm sure it'll be good...just like his Legendia score and his Ace Combat contributions. Wonder what happened to Kaz Nakamura? His extra work on Hearts R is amazing.