* * * * - 16 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 3.0

#2611 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   10986 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:01 AM

River City Super Sports Challenge looks so awesome, love the mix of Sprites and 3D backgrounds. Just kinda sucks its not on PS4 as well, also that there doesnt appear to be dodgeball or volleyball

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#2612 infasis  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:05 AM

I just wanted to prove that I bought this like I said I would. For $30 I'm pretty happy with it. A soundtrack, nice manual movelist thing, 50+ page digital manual. A lot of companies could learn from this.
The banter and stuff is pretty great. I hope the next one gets localized, so I won't have to Google translate Kirino and the Irregular Magic High girl talking about who's onii-chan is better.P_20151024_200420_1.jpg

#2613 lakers714  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:35 AM

I just wanted to prove that I bought this like I said I would. For $30 I'm pretty happy with it. A soundtrack, nice manual movelist thing, 50+ page digital manual. A lot of companies could learn from this.
The banter and stuff is pretty great. I hope the next one gets localized, so I won't have to Google translate Kirino and the Irregular Magic High girl talking about who's onii-chan is better.attachicon.gifP_20151024_200420_1.jpg

Nice where did you get it ??

r5gKEIn.gif

#2614 MachRay   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:40 AM

The banter and stuff is pretty great. I hope the next one gets localized, so I won't have to Google translate Kirino and the Irregular Magic High girl talking about who's onii-chan is better.attachicon.gifP_20151024_200420_1.jpg

Didn't even know this existed. Ordering this as soon as my bb points go through.

#2615 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7893 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:01 AM

For some first thoughts on some game demos/trials.

Youkai Watch - Pretty fun overall. Simple type story for the demo at least where the Youkai are affecting people and you're just the kid with the Youkai Watch to beat them up and gather them to your team and help people on their issues. The battle system is a strange one where you use the touch screen and a spinning wheel and to get Youkai to do their special attack you click on them and do what the screen says like spinning a thing or touching icons. Once you're complete after a time the Youkai will do a special attack. While this is going on Youkai are auto battling and such. There is some quirks and may be elemental weakness like Pokemon but I don't know yet. It's slightly repetitive but is fun to find and battle Youkai and some tough bosses. The bug catching part when interacting in the enviroment isn't such a fun side diversion. You click on a bug and a spinner goes around and you need it to stop on white. If so the bug is yours. That's about it. There may be more quirks but that's whats in the demo. The graphics are nice and the world seems nice. It has that Level 5 charm and I hope it becomes a hit outside of Japan. Pre-ordering for sure.

Euphoria - Yeah this one is not for the squeamish. A bunch of people are somehow put in a death game in a white roomed place. It's all a mystery and the players are finding out how to escape. It is a very perverse (this is an Ero game) experience and quite unique. I love the setting and the characters are all unique. The graphics are excellent and not real death games are always unique. I think the game will provide an interesting look into the pscyhe of the characters including a main character who may find out more about himself than he thinks. Seems like it will have a lot of twists and turns and I made two choices when you could and they seemed to lead to a different game playing out afterwards. This isn't a normal ero with a harem or such (maybe it is...I doubt it), and is likely very dark. I am extremely intrigued and this easily gets my pre-order. Seems to be a very high quality game.

I will play Code: Realize soon and give my thoughts about an hour after playing it.

#2616 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:03 AM

So in case you're all wondering where I've been gone to...I finally just beat Trails in the Sky FC. Somehow I'm really happy I waited to beat the game this long up to now; that ending really, really hurts. 

Oh yeah...1-to-10 rating? A solid 9. There was this kid in the academy who was a coffee addict singing the Coffee Song and all and I was telling myself, "OK review over, instant 8.5." That happened pretty early on...the rest of the game did not disappoint. Interesting combat system especially with the orbment customization. The last dungeon though I did find myself just spamming a lot of one or two of the same arts "White Gehana" and such. You can even survive the final boss with ease if you know how to troll it. 

Two worst offenses: Every conversation is just like me - a wall of text and will make a lot of people go tl;dr. In fact one night I spent three hours playing the game...One hour was arena fights and grinding, the other two were cutscenes. I spent 45 hours in game and I'm going to guess half of that at least was reading dialogue. Not that I didn't like what I read but WOW...that's a lot of text. Second, again...dat cliffhanger ending...ouch. 

So ready to start up second chapter.  :whee:

Tits FC is just an enhanced edition of the original Tits right? Same story and everything just improved graphics and a few extras? Blea, i've been so busy i havent gotten to my play through of the original Trails in weeks. Still gotta try to get that PSP 'do you want to quit thing fixed before i keep playing and I havent wanted to mess with that 

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#2617 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5189 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:08 AM

Tits FC is just an enhanced edition of the original Tits right? Same story and everything just improved graphics and a few extras? Blea, i've been so busy i havent gotten to my play through of the original Trails in weeks. Still gotta try to get that PSP 'do you want to quit thing fixed before i keep playing and I havent wanted to mess with that 

Trails in the Sky FC is the original. The enhanced version you're thinking of we don't have in English and it's has the word "Evolution" in its title (And it's a Vita only title). All FC/SC means is First Chapter & Second Chapter. They didn't include FC in the title of the English release though. Probably because they weren't sure they were going to be able to translate the second game. It is in the second games title though as evidence from this steam store page for SC.

The PC version is "enhanced" so to speak by having backported features that the PSP version received as well as having the textures from the PS3 version to support higher resolutions. That was all XSeeds doing though and it wasn't originally like that.

Trails in the Sky is of course playable on the Vita and PSTV with the PSP version.

#2618 Dreamstate   Dreaming of Games CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Dreamstate

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:41 PM

Euphoria - Yeah this one is not for the squeamish. A bunch of people are somehow put in a death game in a white roomed place. It's all a mystery and the players are finding out how to escape. It is a very perverse (this is an Ero game) experience and quite unique. I love the setting and the characters are all unique. The graphics are excellent and not real death games are always unique. I think the game will provide an interesting look into the pscyhe of the characters including a main character who may find out more about himself than he thinks. Seems like it will have a lot of twists and turns and I made two choices when you could and they seemed to lead to a different game playing out afterwards. This isn't a normal ero with a harem or such (maybe it is...I doubt it), and is likely very dark. I am extremely intrigued and this easily gets my pre-order. Seems to be a very high quality game.

What system is this on and where did you preorder?  I tried Google but could not find anything about it.  

----------------------------------

I want handhelds! I want more handhelds!!!!!!! :bouncy:

#2619 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2466 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:30 PM

What system is this on and where did you preorder?  I tried Google but could not find anything about it.  

I cant post a link from work (NSFW and all), but google "euphoria visual novel" and you'll get the info you need.

#2620 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7893 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:30 PM

PC and it's digital only for the moment from Mangagamer.

Link to Information about game NSFW

Mangagamer page with buy button for pre-ordering Very NSFW

Not a game for everyone but some like I will want to play it.

#2621 infasis  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:01 PM

Nice where did you get it ??

Gamestop, I had to (carefully) take the price tag off the cardboard box, that they had on display, but the game and soundtrack were still sealed, in back, at least.
The guy who sold it to me actually commented that he wanted it too. Plus he didn't even ask me if I wanted to pre-order Assassin's Creed 9 or sign up for a Power Card. He seemed pretty cool (he'll probably be replaced soon).
Hopefully, I didn't beat up his waifu too bad last night. Kirino can kick some major ass when she wants to. Too bad Manami's not in this.

#2622 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9646 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:22 PM

Manami was the true antagonist of Oreimo.

#2623 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7893 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:27 PM

Why was the spoiler for the Oreimo series put here...put spoiler and while I knew that others who would be watching the series wouldn't appreciate that.

#2624 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1566 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:46 PM

Logy Is Back With A New Look In Atelier Sophie: Alchemist of the Mysterious Book

Dissidia Final Fantasy Introduces Its Seven Starting Heroes On Arcade

To Love-Ru Trouble Darkness: True Princess Latest Screens Show Momo, Nana, And More

Night Watch’s Latest Gameplay Footage Is Not For The Faint Of Heart

Koihime Enbu Gets Another Delay, This Time For January 28

Monster Strike 3DS Shows More Of Its World With Its City And School Areas

CyberConnect2 And Bandai Namco’s New World Gets Its First Gameplay Video

Dragon Quest Builders Live Stream Set For October 30, Expect More PS Vita Gameplay

Green Yarn Yoshi amiibo To Be Sold Separately in November

Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival Shows Its Desert Island Escape Mode

PS4 Survey Suggests Upcoming Updates May Contain Store Wishlist, Appear Offline Mode, Folders and More

Monster Hunter DLC Making Its Way To Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer

Face Your Fears with Green Man Gaming’s Halloween Sale; Includes Dead Rising, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, and More

New Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash Footage Highlights Its 2 vs 2 Gameplay

Rumor: Urien, Alex, Juri, and Ibuki Leaked for Street Fighter V

Miyamoto Wanted GoldenEye 64 To Be Less Violent, Felt The Game Was Too Tragic; Suggested Shaking Hands With All Your Enemies At The End of The Game

Yo-Kai Watch Is The Newest Puzzle In StreetPass Puzzle Swap

Prepare Yourselves, a Live-Action American Yo-Kai Watch Commercial is Here

DaveyDarko83.pngProjectDavey.png

#2625 lakers714  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:51 PM

PC and it's digital only for the moment from Mangagamer.

Link to Information about game NSFW

Mangagamer page with buy button for pre-ordering Very NSFW

Not a game for everyone but some like I will want to play it.

WTF why did I click on it man  :fridge:

r5gKEIn.gif

#2626 infasis  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:10 PM

Why was the spoiler for the Oreimo series put here...put spoiler and while I knew that others who would be watching the series wouldn't appreciate that.

Manami isn't even a bad girl. A lot of people even like her and say she's their favorite character. I was just joking about her being a homewrecker, seeing as she's actually not. Anime girls cockblock each other for MCs all the time. I just don't like her (like most glasses girls in anime. They always seem to have a certain type of personality that bugs the shit out of me).
Anyone who hasn't watched it should do so though. That one comment could sooorrrt of be taken as a spoiler, but all the main important stuff is still waiting you.

#2627 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7893 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:16 PM

True she was my least favorite girl easily. I even found the Tsundere pop idol girl more likable. My favorite was Kuroneko easily. Yeah there is still a lot to know, even though I honestly thought the ending was the weakest of the weak sauces. Still a fun series and has some drama and character growth for some characters to make it a decent series. 

#2628 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kusoge. Except Mine CAGiversary!   9646 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:27 PM

Ayase was the better girl.
JBUZ17f.gif
tumblr_mpfl4cwoSp1rqfeglo1_500.gif
1d67fed2f846b3b695259cf7b49bd8df14357772

#2629 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1223 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:29 PM

I'm gonna break out the SNES multitap and go play super bomberman with my three cats. 

a copy of saturn bomberman, 2 multiplayer taps, 9 friends and a projector is the only true way to play bomberman!

GodAshram.png

#2630 godofwar7  

godofwar7

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:30 PM

Kirino is the true antagonist of oreimo.

#2631 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39806 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:45 PM

Best way to play Bomberman is with 7 other people in first person battle mode on Xbox Live.

#giveusasequelKonami

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#2632 elessar123  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:13 PM

Ayase was the better girl.

Correct, followed by Kanako and Ruri.

Spoiler

#2633 cbellevie  

cbellevie

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:53 PM

Best way to play Bomberman is with 7 other people in first person battle mode on Xbox Live.

#giveusasequelKonami

Best way is Saturn Bomberman Battle Mode with either 8 or 10 players. 

#2634 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1223 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:06 PM

Best way is Saturn Bomberman Battle Mode with either 8 or 10 players. 

with a LARGE screen TV or projector :)

GodAshram.png

#2635 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39806 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:26 PM

I only play Bomberman games that are rated T.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#2636 Pokechaos480   Banned Banned   3685 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Pokechaos480

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:29 PM

I only played Bomberman games rated AO.
Posted Image

#2637 vic_x51   World Warrior CAGiversary!   1849 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:07 PM

Aww hope that rumor is true. Finally Alex returns !

#2638 Dreamstate   Dreaming of Games CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Dreamstate

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:34 PM

Oh!  I did not realize it was so NSFW.  Unless it is something for the Vita and physical edition, I'll pass.  I would likely not open it anyway since that is not my kind of game.  :oops:

----------------------------------

I want handhelds! I want more handhelds!!!!!!! :bouncy:

#2639 Cloyd   Forever awaiting the English release of Moe Crystal. CAGiversary!   1008 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:51 PM

No kidding man. Today is one of those days that I'm glad I #1 have monitors that only face me, and #2 am in IT and off the proxy. 

Please check out my mom's books - https://museituppubl...367-susan-royal

Cloyd-Royal.png
Currently Playing:      :ps4: Tales of Berseria :  :vita: Criminal Girls 2 :  :psp:  7th Dragon 2020 : :pc: Trails in the Sky SC :  :3ds: Dragon Quest V

Games Beaten 2017

Spoiler

Games Beaten 2016

Spoiler

#2640 SolidSnake86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1395 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

SolidSnake86

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:59 PM

I clicked for curiosity. Yet another notch on my list of regrets.

Horizontal-Banner-copy-e1469133668735.jp