* * * * - 16 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 3.0

#2761 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40019 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:09 PM

I also didn't buy P4D because it's $50. If digital was $40 I probably would have, but it's not because Atlus.

#2762 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5593 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:15 PM

Oh last thing. thanks for putting up all the Falcom music, I really want to get the Tokyo Xanadu OST, I heard it was really good. I think. Whatever.

Sweet wall of text. Line breaks man, line breaks.

Here's Falcom's current Tokyo Xanadu BGM music playlist on youtube if you haven't seen it yet. They'll upload the OST at some point of course, but until then the best way is to buy it or to piece together a playlist from various other uploaders on youtube. The full OST I believe is 71 tracks.

#2763 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:31 PM

Here's Falcom's current Tokyo Xanadu BGM music playlist on youtube. They'll upload the OST at some point of course, but until then the best way is to buy it or to piece together a playlist from various other uploaders on youtube.

Lol no line breaks, just kidding :) but seriously that's actually how I talk. So it's basically unreadable. Honestly though, I write terribly now, which is funny because I got into college on an English scholarship. Look what that got me.

It's got me nothing. That's what it got me. Now, are you happy with the line break there? :-P Just playing. I'm waiting for Nier Automatica news. Does anybody remember when that is? Also, I have to go to the doctor in like 30 minutes. Yay!

Edit: I use Youtube a lot, but I could've sworn I saw it somewhere for order though, and it was a lot of songs. Anyways... I probably had a dream.

Edit 2: By the way, thanks for the link! I did find this just now. It's 3 CDs. it wasn't what I remembered though:

http://www.falcom.co...talog/m085.html

Edit 3: Nevermind, what I saw before was on iTunes for pre-order, 72 tracks for $18!

https://itunes.apple...ck/id1049312344

#2764 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2062 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:51 PM

Here's Falcom's current Tokyo Xanadu BGM music playlist on youtube if you haven't seen it yet. They'll upload the OST at some point of course, but until then the best way is to buy it or to piece together a playlist from various other uploaders on youtube. The full OST I believe is 71 tracks.

Properly formatted paragraphs?

screen-shot-2013-01-20-at-10-26-50-pm.pn

#2765 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40019 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:54 PM

Spoiler

I agree. I feel like I don't even know who he is anymore.

#2766 lBleachl   No, not Clorox. CAGiversary!   280 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:58 PM

An update regarding the NA physical version of Gravity Rush Remastered:

Sony Computer Entertainment America head of software marketing Asad Qizilbash has said the following in response to fan requests for a physical version of Gravity Rush Remastered in North America: “I love the passion of the fans. I’m looking into it.”

http://gematsu.com/2...y-north-america

#2767 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40019 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:59 PM

Sony Computer Entertainment America head of software marketing Asad Qizilbash has said the following in response to fan requests for a physical version of Gravity Rush Remastered in North America: “I love the passion of the fans. I’m looking into it.”

Sony Computer Entertainment America head of software marketing Asad Qizilbash seems like a good guy.

#2768 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:14 PM

Shuhei Yoshida Answers “No” To PS4 Backwards Compatibility and Sony-made JRPGs; Answers on Much More 

#2769 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:18 PM

I hope so, this "attempt" to go digital only is VERY annoying. many ISPs still have bandwidth caps and then this gen of games seems to be pushing 30-50GB on average for AAA titles (and Halo 5 reported at 60GB!!!) a family can blow through their limits quickly. thankfully, games mentioned here rarely even come close to 20GB :)

For consoles, any game OVER 8GB should be digital AND physical. On the vita, due to Sony's insane memory card prices, that limit should be 1GB, but if that were in play, many titles would never seen the light of day in the US..... Stupid Sony. Nintendo should also implement a limit, since the MOST their console has internally is 32GB before you have to go USB. And the latest Fatal Frame SHOULD BE ON DISC IN THE US!

i could go on and on, but the dummies in charge will continue to do what they want.

#2770 NeoMonk  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:19 PM

Went ahead and imported a Neon Orange PS VITA 2000 with Moe Chronicle.

Because the pantsu police never sleeps.

oie_animat2006.gif

#2771 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1797 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:27 PM

Maybe if Escha/Logy sells well we'll get more Atelier Plus editions in physical form?

... I can dream, can't I?

Well they did give Shallie a LE so maybe TC is changing their ways from here on out.

#2772 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:29 PM

Shuhei Yoshida Answers “No” To PS4 Backwards Compatibility and Sony-made JRPGs; Answers on Much More 

about the twitter replies concerning paris games week, he's either lying or ultra sony fanboys are the only ones replying to him. and someone should have asked him about sony's lack of support for the Vita....

#2773 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8736 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:30 PM

TK actually. I think they just like their partnership with NISA. NISA does the LEs (such as Samurai Warriors 2-2) and TK sells more games as many, including us here on this forum go for the LEs for the goodies and sometimes limited physical copies. It works for me and both companies seem to benefit.

#2774 Animekatt   Black Catgirl CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Animekatt

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:37 PM

about the twitter replies concerning paris games week, he's either lying or ultra sony fanboys are the only ones replying to him. and someone should have asked him about sony's lack of support for the Vita....

Sony has given up on the Vita officially: http://metro.co.uk/2...-games-5457689/

#2775 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40019 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:42 PM

Sony has given up on the Vita officially: http://metro.co.uk/2...-games-5457689/

PS4 success got to their heads. Such a shame the PS4 isn't failing.

#2776 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:46 PM

did not see that... stupid sony

#2777 elessar123  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:47 PM

Well, the PS4 is pretty awesome though. The sleep mode changes so much. I can pick up and play by the time I sit down.

Although Witcher 3 seems to crash after about 3 days. Which is a pain in the butt.

#2778 NeoMonk  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:49 PM

That was obvious years ago but it was made very clear yesterday when they started shilling that VR trash & "forgot" the vita existed.

I hear this about SEGA all the time "After they gave up on the Saturn so quickly how could anyone support the Dreamcast, that's why sales weren't that great" doesn't this also apply for SONY? How can I buy & expect support for a $300-500 VR headset with a handful of games when they couldn't even support their own handheld a few years after release...

#2779 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5593 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:00 PM

36c.jpg

I'm not excited at all.

#2780 elessar123  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:04 PM

That was obvious years ago but it was made very clear yesterday when they started shilling that VR trash & "forgot" the vita existed.

I hear this about SEGA all the time "After they gave up on the Saturn so quickly how could anyone support the Dreamcast, that's why sales weren't that great" doesn't this also apply for SONY? How can I buy & expect support for a $300-500 VR headset with a handful of games when they couldn't even support their own handheld a few years after release...

I'm not touching VR, cause I bought the Move.

Vanilla Vita/PS3/PS4 any day.

#2781 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:12 PM

it didn't help either when the Sony fanboys working at EB Games/Gamestop constantly told people to wait for the PS2 and not bother with the dreamcast. Talk about a pain in the rear. Every time I walked in to grab a dreamcast game at ANY of the 10-15 ebgames/gamestops within a 20 minute drive, i was asked why bother with the dreamcast when the PS2 will be "SOOOO MUCH BETTER"

Well, most of the PS2 launch titles blew chunks and even then, it took almost a year before great titles started coming out.  Even then, some games on the dreamcast could still hold their own against the PS2 variant/rerelease easily. even today

#2782 elessar123  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:30 PM

PS2 had a huge advantage as a DVD player. If Dreamcast had that, maybe the race would have been closer.

#2783 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1570 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:34 PM

PS4 Exclusive NieR: Automata’s Beautiful First Screenshots and More Art Revealed by Famitsu

A Look Inside Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water’s European Limited Edition

Original Umihara Kawase Arrives On Steam With Steam Workshop Support

Airship Q Gameplay Highlights Trailer Revealed

Final Fantasy III Through VI Now Compatible With Amazon Fire TV

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 introduces protagonist, Reactor device, more

Mugen Souls DLC Packed Into 8 Bundles On Windows PCs

Game Center CX’s Shinya Arino Super Mario Maker Level Playable On November 4

Personally, I'm not even acknowledging the Vita stuff, except for first-party games, as that's all those articles are talking about. I'm still in denial. Lol.  :cry:

#2784 ragnar14   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2005 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:39 PM

Well, the PS4 is pretty awesome though. The sleep mode changes so much. I can pick up and play by the time I sit down.

Although Witcher 3 seems to crash after about 3 days. Which is a pain in the butt.

Really? Sleep mode annoys the hell out of me. I have to jump through an extra hoop just to shut the system down, and I'm sure they just included the feature because the bootup time for the system is pathetic. And yes I do have to turn the system off, because I shut off the related power bars on consoles when I stop using them. As anybody with 17 consoles hooked up to their TVs should do, trickle power consumption adds up...

#2785 Supplice   Hi-Fi CAGiversary!   4698 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Supplice

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:40 PM

PS4 Exclusive NieR: Automata’s Beautiful First Screenshots and More Art Revealed by Famitsu

NieR has my pre-order since the announcement.  :)  

#2786 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:43 PM

Really? Sleep mode annoys the hell out of me. I have to jump through an extra hoop just to shut the system down, and I'm sure they just included the feature because the bootup time for the system is pathetic. And yes I do have to turn the system off, because I shut off the related power bars on consoles when I stop using them. As anybody with 17 consoles hooked up to their TVs should do, trickle power consumption adds up...

i tend to cap my consoles per tv at 6... but yeah, all unused "console groups" get powered totally off by switch. (only have 2 "groups" running at the moment, and cycle systems out as needed. nintendo was smart in having multiple generations of systems use the same video cables)

#2787 Pheria   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1199 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:44 PM

I do this too, but mostly with retro ones. I have no proof and therefore no real reason (other than the bricks get warm sometimes when they're not even on), but I believe the older AC DC bricks to be more likely to be power vampires.

Power squid is godly. All those gigantic power bricks meet their match and I can switch off the whole squid when I'm done.

Modern consoles I do shut down all the way, but my PS4 / Wii U aren't having their power strip switched off after every use.

#2788 elessar123  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:49 PM

I don't have that many consoles hooked up. TV1 has a PS3, 360, PS4, Wii, and TV2 has PS TV and a Roku. That's like 5 watts without the PS4, which is like $0.25 a month. That's not worth the trouble for me.

Edit: The highest electric bill I had in the last 12 months was $50.70, $37.39 average, so it's not going to make any noticeable impact.

#2789 Cloyd   Forever awaiting the English release of Moe Crystal. CAGiversary!   1038 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:51 PM

Went ahead and imported a Neon Orange PS VITA 2000 with Moe Chronicle.

Because the pantsu police never sleeps.

oie_animat2006.gif

Moe Chronicle ended up being my favorite game of this last year. I had no expectations going into it and can say the game way very enjoyable, albeit simple, but really fun. Was nice to not have to spend 200 hours getting the platinum and never I never lost enjoyment. I can't wait until Moe Chrystal is available. 

#2790 chickenbutt   Nope CAGiversary!   2167 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

chickenbutt

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:58 PM

Isn't it the same thing with the Move? They released it and pretty much abandoned it. People hated on Microsoft for talking about the Kinect a lot, but at least they made an effort to support their own product. Haven't really had that same trust with Sony after one of their things becomes a success. After the PS4 came out and sold pretty well, they pretty much abandoned the Vita. Not to mention Nintendo still supports the Wii U as well, despite how poorly it's doing. Even though I haven't been happy with them and Fatal Frame, I'm actually pretty happy with my Wii U despite it not getting much 3rd party support. I'm really glad they made Splatoon because that's one of the games I enjoyed the most. I don't plan on getting the PS4 VR either. I don't have any interest in VR and even if I did, there's way too many coming out. 

The Xbox One bootup time is a lot worse than the PS4's. I really prefer my PS4 completely off just because it doesn't take that long to turn it back on. My Xbox One is always on the sleep mode though. Not gonna deal with the bootup when I just want to pick up the game and play. But yeah, I'd much prefer that they didn't change the shut down part on the console. I'm used to it by now though, but it annoyed the hell out of me when it first changed.