* * * * - 16 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals & Discussion Thread 3.0

#2941 Cloyd   Forever awaiting the English release of Moe Crystal. CAGiversary!   1040 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:37 PM

I like the new outfit as well. Not a fan of some of these super pedo outfits on obviously underage girls in some of these games. Still planning to buy my LE day one.

Too bad so many of these JRPG purists are gonna lose their shit and protest the game.

I've never been much of a advocate for or against censoring. I'll enjoy the game either way regardless if the characters show a little more skin. I remember whenever I read how FFVI was censored for the west. I've played that game hundreds of times and never really noticed until I read it. I think most companies worry about game ratings much like movies worry about the same. PG-13 movies generally make more money than rated R movies. PG-13 means a wider audience can attend. 

#2942 RubMySweatyThighsPls  

RubMySweatyThighsPls

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:44 PM

I wish Sega would just release this now with the bugs and put out a patch later like everyone else.

Don't worry you will get it with bugs on release 

#2943 NeoMonk  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:59 PM

pretty dumb (in their heads) thus releasing colored vita's in japan and a blue one here.

IKR! what kind of idiot would support them by buying one of those newer models!

*waiting for orange vita order to arrive in the mail*

tumblr_inline_mh8qx6Xsly1qz4rgp.gif

#2944 ashram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1310 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 06:25 PM

IKR! what kind of idiot would support them by buying one of those newer models!

*waiting for orange vita order to arrive in the mail*

tumblr_inline_mh8qx6Xsly1qz4rgp.gif

i could use a 2nd vita myself.... for my Japanese psn account, since Sony sucks and won't give us multiple accounts on a single system

#2945 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1994 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 06:55 PM

Woohoo! I'll be getting the vita version since I don't have a ps4. It's been awhile since I've imported a game. Still pondering miracle girls festival and now DoAX3. Might wanna check that Gundam game too.

#2946 bigstew  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 06:56 PM

i could use a 2nd vita myself.... for my Japanese psn account, since Sony sucks and won't give us multiple accounts on a single system

yah i still use the original model, still looks better and i wish i new what that port was gonna be used for, but their was a time i was playing a couple of jp games and hated switching accounts, just went ahead and got the a bl2 model when it was cheap for my jp account, love not switching and even though i havent used either one in a awhile, at least i will have a backup when one goes down, just wish they would have released the colors one years ago instead of giving us the unused ones from other markets

#2947 bigstew  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:00 PM

Woohoo! I'll be getting the vita version since I don't have a ps4. It's been awhile since I've imported a game. Still pondering miracle girls festival and now DoAX3. Might wanna check that Gundam game too.

i am also tempted since the last imported game i got was getting ripped of from that company releasing bullet girls as a best version with none of the dlc and just repackaging the vanilla versions, i am more wanting to maybe go for valkyrie drive but it will probably get picked up by xseed, not sure how much hype their is for miracle girls but it might get a best of version down the road, doa probably wont but unless your getting the collectors edition, i would wait till a price drop

#2948 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1994 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:06 PM

a best version with none of the dlc and just repackaging the vanilla versions

That's what best versions usually are. They're the "Greatest Hits" versions of japan. Just a cheaper rerelease.

#2949 Animekatt   Black Catgirl CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Animekatt

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:48 PM

Finally got around to Dragon Quest Heroes (Mostly because I heard its an easy Warriors Plat, and I need to clear some of my newer backlog before I get swamped)

And wow, this game is really damn good. Probably the best DW Spinoff I have played. Really love the Monster Summoning System is has, adds a sort of tactical feel to the game and breaks up the mindless spamming most DW games fall to

I really want to buy this game after seeing someone streaming it. I'm trying to hold out for Black Friday though.

#2950 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6443 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:58 PM

Players Summoning Tales of Zestiria Mods, Use Persona 3 FES Theme for Opening and More

And so it begins  :applause:  "cue maniacal laughter"

Can't wait till some cool battle mods get made.  Would be sweet if they managed a jade and sophie mod since those are already in game. Even better if they could pull past spells into this since zesty's spells are pathetic in comparison to older titles.  especially the revamped splash spell.  its garbage in comparison to xillias for peats sake.

#2951 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6443 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:01 PM

Tales of Persona confirmed.

too late for that zabida already shoots himself in the head p3 style so its been confirmed for over a year now.  Would be sweet to put in some of the good tracks from p3 and p4 in.  I've always been a fan of the title theme for p4.

#2952 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6443 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:09 PM

Ah, ok. I thought it looked vaguely familiar. I actually watched a few epps of season 1 way back when it was airing and liked it.. not sure why i didn't finish it. 

Thanks for the detailed response. I generally dont consider brightness/contrast in comparison vids unless the person capturing knows what they're doing because that can vary wildly. I did notice the texture deifference though.  Anyone know how much space it takes on PS4? Honestly thats the main reason im even considering ps3 version is to save space on the PS4 HDD.  Slowdown though is an issue so if the PS4 is free of it while PS3 has it then i may just do PS4. Besides, like i said, it lets me open one of my LE's. I need to start actually using some of these things

umm.. what? You sure its not your TV? That sounds excessive. Anyone else playing that can confirm/

I can confirm the game dips and lags frame rate wise at random alot.  Its very noticeable when you get into chained battles or the ones where knights spawn as you continuously kill them.  Super noticable when you have 5 or more enemies casting at the same time. The sound actually goes with whats happening to so you hear stuff a second or two before it happens on screen at times.  

#2953 umbry   PokePro CAGiversary!   1741 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:21 PM

Quick question about Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC.

Anyone play it? Just as good as the first?

Do both the PC and Vita version let you carry over save info from the first one?

I have save files from the 1st one on PC and PS.

I might go PS Vita so I can play it on the go

Most likely I will double dip and get both to show my support and make sure we get more.

#2954 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5726 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:30 PM

Quick question about Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC.
Anyone play it? Just as good as the first?

Yes. Come aboard the feels train.

titssc.png

Do both the PC and Vita version let you carry over save info from the first one?
I have save files from the 1st one on PC and PS.
I might go PS Vita so I can play it on the go

Yes. Only two things matter when transferring data:

1) Bracer Points - Amount acquired determines your bonus items you start with. They are given to you at some point in the prologue. These items can be acquired through the game normally, but the "Luck Quartz" isn't normally obtainable until quite a bit later into the game.

2) Estelle's level. Anything below 35 and she starts at 35. 36-39 she will start at that level. Finally 40+ she will start at 40. This isn't a big deal however since the game gives you exp based off of your level vs the enemies level. So you catch up to whatever level they want you to be at quickly.

I did post some links to saves if you want the "best" transfer.

#2955 daveydarko   I'll Miku-Miku You (For Reals) CAGiversary!   1586 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:56 PM

Koki Yoshimune On Making Muv-Luv Characters Lovable

Dragon Quest Builders Details Town, Experience

Project X Zone 2 Will Be Playable In 7 Languages (kind of a misleading title)

Dry Bones Bowser And Bowser Jr. Star In The Latest Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash Trailer

New Final Fantasy XV Screenshot and Artwork Show “Numb Blade” and Chocobos; Concepts Explained

Eiyuu Senki: The World Conquest Coming to Europe on November 12

#2956 kipz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   893 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:58 PM

yah i still use the original model, still looks better and i wish i new what that port was gonna be used for, but their was a time i was playing a couple of jp games and hated switching accounts, just went ahead and got the a bl2 model when it was cheap for my jp account, love not switching and even though i havent used either one in a awhile, at least i will have a backup when one goes down, just wish they would have released the colors one years ago instead of giving us the unused ones from other markets

Same. I recently grabbed a second one on Craigslist for $65 and it's certainly worth the ease.

#2957 Ur-APS   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11872 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:04 PM

Just 50k more till Muv Luv reaches the 900,000 Stretch Goal. And then Figmas for everyone who bought a Collector's Edition!

#2958 Ur-APS   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11872 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:15 PM

ZE3's Official Name is Zero Time Dilemma

CSmBBFYUsAAUSsC.png

CSmBXmqUcAAfBap.jpg

#2959 allfires  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:33 PM

Just picked up an El Psy Kongroo edition and pledged $150 to MuvLuv

#2960 Ur-APS   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11872 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:34 PM

Just picked up an El Psy Kongroo edition and pledged $150 to MuvLuv

:applause:  :applause:  :applause:

#2961 allfires  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:43 PM

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Have they said how much the Add On pledge would be for a physical codex if they break 900k? Wouldn't mind pledging the extra now to help get them over the edge.

I honestly know very little about the series but the support is overwhelming I have to imagine it's worth the high praise.

#2962 TBleachT   No, not Clorox. CAGiversary!   282 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:46 PM

Have they said how much the Add On pledge would be for a physical codex if they break 900k? Wouldn't mind pledging the extra now to help get them over the edge.

I honestly know very little about the series but the support is overwhelming I have to imagine it's worth the high praise.

$220 tier which is the Collector's Edition plus the physical Codex (not yet up) or $80 as an add-on.

#2963 Beatles   Cartoon Character CAGiversary!   4349 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:47 PM

Fashionable pants. All the 13 year olds are dressing like that.

Why are you paying so much attention to 13 year olds?!?

#2964 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10603 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:52 PM

Damn I don't want to spend $150. On the other hand I do want that Figma I'm sure that Muvluv Kickstarter will unlock. 

#2965 Ur-APS   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11872 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:04 PM

Damn I don't want to spend $150. On the other hand I do want that Figma I'm sure that Muvluv Kickstarter will unlock. 

Resell the Digital Codes you get to recoup some of the cost.

$150 Muv Luv Collector's Edition gets you the stuff below

- Physical copy of Muv-Luv and Muv-Luv Alternative [PC or Vita] [Hand-Signed]

- Physical Muv-Luv Master Collection OST
- Physical Kickstarter Special Artbook [now upgraded to 80-page hardcover]
- Digital copies of Muv-Luv/Muv-Luv Alternative [PC] 
- Digital copies of Muv-Luv/Muv-Luv Alternative [Vita] / 
- Digital Muv-Luv Master Collection OST
- Digital Kickstarter Special Artbook
- Access to Backer Kit
- Digital Official Muv-Luv Codex
- PC copy of Photon Melodies + Photon Flowers
- Sumika Figma [if $900,000 stretch goal is met / $40 Value]
 Edit: The note you see on the $150 tier is them clarifying that that specific tier doesn't also come with a physical PC copy since you're getting the physical Vita Copy and vice versa

#2966 KudosConan   Procrastinator CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

KudosConan

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:34 PM

Sekai Project has started a new project (haven't seen anyone post this, if there is one...my bad!):
https://www.kickstar...thology-project

Narcissu 10th Anniversary Anthology Project
Help us produce the definitive anthology of the Narcissu series!

We're Sekai Project, and we've partnered with the creator of the Narcissu series, Stage-nana, to develop and produce the definitive anthology of the games. With your help we will be remaking the older games with new art, re-recorded voices,and we will also be creating an entirely new scenario!

We are in the process of producing 4 gamesas part of the Narcissu anthology:

Sumire - An entirely new chapter in the series.
Zero - The origin story of the 7th Floor
A Little Iris - A separate side story set in medieval Europe
Himeko's Epilogue - A short epilogue for Narcissu 2

What is Narcissu

It's a Japanese visual novel series with no choices that explores themes about terminal illness, and the relationship between the living and the dying. The games became known for their high production quality and touching story and were eventually downloaded over a million times worldwide. Numerous spin offs such as a manga, a light novel, even mobile apps were created, and it has been translated by fans into many languages including English, Chinese, French, and Polish just to name a few.

You can find the most recent versions of the games for free on Steam, also published by Sekai Project, as Narcissu 1+2 where it has a "Very Positive" rating with over 1,800 reviews and over 127k downloads.
---
Some visual novels and the 150k goal seems to be the possibility of other platforms but seeing how they have trouble with Sony doing vita games for them, I'm personally waiting for more info but another project
To look out for.

#2967 Ur-APS   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11872 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:39 PM

Sekai Project has started a new project (haven't seen anyone post this, if there is one...my bad!):
https://www.kickstar...thology-project

Definitely your bad. :p Imo, they should've waited for the Muv Luv Kickstarter to conclude before starting this one.

#2968 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38069 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:43 PM

ZE3's Official Name is Zero Time Dilemma

CSmBBFYUsAAUSsC.png

CSmBXmqUcAAfBap.jpg

Day. Fuck ing. One.

#2969 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:46 PM

I'm still kinda dubious on you guys getting much for those Muv-Luv PC digital codes. PC CAGs are cheap as Fuck and we're spoiled and used to getting visual novels for like 25 cents each with with 7 other games in some $2 bundle. And they had better be Steam keys or no one here will give those codes the time of day.

I guess you might be able to find a more nichier PC visual novel crowd willing to pay a bit more if you look elsewhere. I still wouldn't expect to get console level prices for them though.

#2970 NeoMonk  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:48 PM

Might wait to see how close they are to 900k before I pledge for the $150 Collectors Physical VITA box.

All I want is the Figma!