* - - - - 6 votes

Best Buy 9/20-9/26 Ad

#31 domoniccc  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:48 AM

I'm excited for the Animal Crossing cards, lol.

Me too, Hubert, me too.

#32 mchittumjr  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:23 AM

In for Wolf Amongst Us, worth a shot for $8. Which system does it play better on?

I still have a complete set of Animal Crossinf E-Reader cards for GameCube.

#33 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:35 AM

In for Wolf Amongst Us, worth a shot for $8. Which system does it play better on?

I still have a complete set of Animal Crossinf E-Reader cards for GameCube.

you can play it for free by watching it on youtube

#34 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:37 AM

you can play it for free by watching it on youtube

Please don't do that, come buy it at Best Buy.

#35 RollingSkull   Banned Banned   6307 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

RollingSkull

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:40 AM

I remain a big fan of Watch Dogs, bigger than I should be. It was better than everyone said but worse than everyone hoped.

There's only one worthwhile DLC for WD though: Bad Blood. Short additional story, play as Aiden's buddy, but the big thing in that DLC is repeatable generic missions in the game's main mission-appropriate environments. WD is a bit better when it's aping Sneakan Cell Conviction or Phantom Pain with sneakan/shootan than when it's doing driving chaos so those are welcome, especially since I don't think you can replay the WD story missions at all which is a shame as there are a couple I would have gladly redone.

There may not be a complete edition just because Ubisoft got so much hate and there's really NOTHING else worth it in the DLC bundles for WD. Like three short single generic missions for a few pointless perks.

#36 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:06 AM

Watch Dogs was a pretty big let down. It felt a lot like the first Assassin's Creed as in the idea as there but the world was not filled out. The driving was pretty terrible unless you were driving a motorcycle and the story was terrible as well as pretty much every character in it. Aidan was pretty much as bad as Conner in AC III and really had no development what so ever.

The people you meet in the game really arent developed either so if/when something happens to them you really don't care since you have no connection to them.

That said the game isnt terrible and for $16 you could do a lot worse. Its an OK game but pretty passable. Shadows of Mordor would be a much better game than this to play for example.

#37 J2damuahz   Google It! CAGiversary!   200 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

J2damuahz

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:21 AM

nothing for me this week.

#38 RollingSkull   Banned Banned   6307 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

RollingSkull

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:32 AM

I don't think I've ever agreed with anyone on the internet about driving quality in a sandbox game. I thought WD's driving was fine. Better than most sandbox contemporaries.

That said I can also see where you're coming from on the other issues. The plot was a total design-by-committee job and they did a nice job with what they had but it was a bunch of nothing.

And yes Shadows of Mordor is better than most games, and if you have the choice, you should pick SoM every time. There are plenty of better games than WD in the genre too.

#39 domoniccc  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:26 AM

Please don't do that, come buy it at Best Buy.

Good evening, wondering why Nintendo games aren't part of the "Get 10" preorder bonus points, any insight?

#40 Lil Frier  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:26 AM

I don't think I've ever agreed with anyone on the internet about driving quality in a sandbox game. I thought WD's driving was fine. Better than most sandbox contemporaries.

That said I can also see where you're coming from on the other issues. The plot was a total design-by-committee job and they did a nice job with what they had but it was a bunch of nothing.

And yes Shadows of Mordor is better than most games, and if you have the choice, you should pick SoM every time. There are plenty of better games than WD in the genre too.

Agreed on most of Watch_Dogs. End of the day, the driving physics aren't very good, but you also don't buy these types of games for quality of content, it's usually about quantity (looking at you, GTA). As long as the game can keep you entertained, being imperfect isn't unbearable. I thought the campaign was OK, but I can also agree that the characters could have been better. It's a decent first go, but they also could really stand to flesh out a lot of things (the "random" encounters with citizens got very redundant late in the game).

Shadow of Mordor was also a better game. However, it might be MORE flawed. The pacing was really poor. If you're someone who prefers to beat a game in its entirety, then you're basically done with the game halfway through. Other than Brand, every pertinent ability can be acquired before you reach the second-half of the world. There are a lot of filler talents, and the RPG elements had you essentially unstoppable quite quickly. On top of that, the ending was a huge letdown, in terms of difficulty and quality. I'd take Dying Light (which basically had the same issues as Mordor, but told a better story and had basically a better everything, other than the dynamic-ish A.I.) over Mordor any day, it was legitimately one of my favorite games in a LOOOOOOOOONG time.

#41 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:28 AM

Good evening, wondering why Nintendo games aren't part of the "Get 10" preorder bonus points, any insight?

Hi domonicc,

Nintendo doesn't let us put any of there games on the $10 pre-order list because they know their fans will buy their games no matter what. While I wish we could, blame Nintendo.

Hubert Joly

Best Buy CEO

#42 domoniccc  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:53 AM

Hi domonicc,
Nintendo doesn't let us put any of there games on the $10 pre-order list because they know their fans will buy their games no matter what. While I wish we could, blame Nintendo.

Hubert Joly
Best Buy CEO

Oh, okay. Makes a bit of sense now! Thank u!!! Also, your website has had the new Zelda Wii U game listed for quite a bit of time now, how is it you have a SKU for it already?

#43 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:56 AM

Oh, okay. Makes a bit of sense now! Thank u!!! Also, your website has had the new Zelda Wii U game listed for quite a bit of time now, how is it you have a SKU for it already?

SKUs are assigned whenever a product is entered into the system. 

#44 domoniccc  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:03 AM

SKUs are assigned whenever a product is entered into the system.

Interesting... anyway, have a great night!

-Domoniccc

#45 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:05 AM

Interesting... anyway, have a great night!

-Domoniccc

You too

Hubert Joly

Best Buy CEO

#46 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10675 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:06 AM

Thanks as always op, dookie week for me though.

#47 chestnutticus6d9  

chestnutticus6d9

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:33 AM

So is best buy not gonna have the Animal Crossing 3DS?

#48 TheBroKitten   Banned Banned   273 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

TheBroKitten

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:29 AM

Mods sticky this please or get clawed

Plus u don't want to upset Mr Joly

#49 wiiups4  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:11 PM

Good, nothing to buy after a week of Forza, Rare Replay, and possibly Mario Maker (still undecided on it). Since YoshiHalo, and Fallout are so close, having these brief reprieves are going to be nice.

All I can say is I really enjoyed Super Mario Maker. It took me a few days to open my game too, but I enjoyed it for hours yesterday. I think its worth keeping if you're on the fence

#50 blinknot4   Not My President CAGiversary!   5886 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:23 PM

If it was the complete edition I would so buy it

Watch Dogs: Complete Edition is digital only here in the US, so that would never happen. You could, however, just 'build your own' complete edition - and for cheaper, too. Buy the game from BB for $16. Plus the Season Pass for $20. Your total is $36 if you DIY. Otherwise the Complete Edition is $50.

#51 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4001 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:42 PM

Finally a week with nothing I want to buy! I usually like playing FIFA, but the last few years I haven't picked up the game due to being terrible at it online and never having enough time to play it with all the other games out that I would rather play. I'll probably pick up FIFA 16 on Black Friday though because it will likely be around $30 then. 

#52 TheOmen242   Mr. GoodGuy CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

TheOmen242

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:12 PM

If on fence with any sport game like Fifa, generally it's worth it to buy on release with GCU and preorder cert, so 38.99+tax, then recoup cost trading in old one, and selling the preorder code [deluxe one is worthy]. Generally you pay little to nothing to upgrade. I've been doing it for years.

#53 Lil Frier  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:18 PM

All I can say is I really enjoyed Super Mario Maker. It took me a few days to open my game too, but I enjoyed it for hours yesterday. I think its worth keeping if you're on the fence

Well, my concern is that I bought my Wii U to play with other people. I even keep it at my sister's house because the ONLY time it gets played is when there's local co-op or multiplayer going on. It's her, her husband, and myself. I basically sold Tropical Freeze because we couldn't all three play it together. So, Mario Maker has me leery because it's solo-only, and I'm not a creative person, so I wouldn't likely use the level editor. Pounding away at a million levels of Mario games by myself isn't all that exciting to me. Of course, I'm also disappointed in the fact Woolly World maxes out at 2 player, but you have to make an exception for the most adorable game in human history.

On the other hand, given how I can trade in Kart and Smash for $77 and repurchase them for $69.42 this week, it makes basically getting Mario Maker for about $45 is hard to pass up.

#54 irishsoccermbw   Banned Banned   6423 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

irishsoccermbw

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:51 PM

OP or anyone with the ad, can you tell me if there is a sale on Macbooks next week?  I'm getting one for my brother's bday and wanna know if I should go in today or next week.  Thanks.

#55 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   12290 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:05 PM

How is hardline still 50$ ? From what I've heard the player count is low and by November it's going to be even less most likely

#56 thatsbarejones  

thatsbarejones

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:38 PM

Wolf among us for $8?

Solid deal. I'll bite.

#57 strife01104   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   196 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

strife01104

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:52 PM

No mention of the normal sized NEW 3DS at all? Supposed to come out the same day as that new Animal Crossing

#58 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3676 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:36 PM

Good. Now I can save up for black Friday

#59 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7667 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:04 PM

Too bad the new Star Wars DI 3.0 figures come out on the 29th, getting GCU plus an extra $2.50 off of each would be pretty nice. 

#60 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10632 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:50 PM

have not stepped in a bestbuy since a while, might pick up something this time...