* - - - - 6 votes

Best Buy 9/20-9/26 Ad

#61 RollingSkull   Banned Banned   6307 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

RollingSkull

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:04 AM

Agreed on most of Watch_Dogs. End of the day, the driving physics aren't very good, but you also don't buy these types of games for quality of content, it's usually about quantity (looking at you, GTA). As long as the game can keep you entertained, being imperfect isn't unbearable. I thought the campaign was OK, but I can also agree that the characters could have been better. It's a decent first go, but they also could really stand to flesh out a lot of things (the "random" encounters with citizens got very redundant late in the game).

Shadow of Mordor was also a better game. However, it might be MORE flawed. The pacing was really poor. If you're someone who prefers to beat a game in its entirety, then you're basically done with the game halfway through. Other than Brand, every pertinent ability can be acquired before you reach the second-half of the world. There are a lot of filler talents, and the RPG elements had you essentially unstoppable quite quickly. On top of that, the ending was a huge letdown, in terms of difficulty and quality. I'd take Dying Light (which basically had the same issues as Mordor, but told a better story and had basically a better everything, other than the dynamic-ish A.I.) over Mordor any day, it was legitimately one of my favorite games in a LOOOOOOOOONG time.

To be fair, I pegged SoM as having that problem and played it correctly, I think. I got the Season Pass preorder, so I have all the Trials unlocked. I stopped the game immediately after the first boss and took my midleveled character into the challenge modes and have never looked back. Without the mind control or overpowered skills, and just with a crapload of randomized orc bosses to take down, the game is pretty dang fun and challenging. That randomized challenge throws scads of orcs at any boss fight. It's absolutely nuts.

I keep forgetting when I recommend SoM that I'm not playing it "properly"

I liked Dying Light's story (Hearing people gripe about the "white dudebro" hero was an EXCELLENT way to filter out dumbasses too.) but it felt like a dropkick looking for a game worthy of it. It carried over most of the dumb, deflating, unfun bits from Dead Island too.

Still, I wouldn't begrudge someone who enjoyed it. There was some quality there.

#62 LaraAelric   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

LaraAelric

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:04 AM

On one hand I'm excited to see the ND game for sale.

On the other hand, I already know someone's getting it for me for Christmas, so I can't buy it for myself.... sad day. 

*casually mentions it to them so they can at least get it cheaper* 

Thanks, OP! 

#63 baengel98   DIC CAGiversary!   2105 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

baengel98

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:16 AM

Sweet, 1TB Xbox calling my name. FIFA is just the icing on the cake.

#64 Beatles   Cartoon Character CAGiversary!   4349 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:50 AM

So are the animal crossing cards going to be allowed the GCU discount? If so you are limited to just three, unless its different for these type of accessories?

#65 jms209   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   555 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:19 AM

Where do I go to trade in games? Customer service? Counter? Doesn't seem to be labeled.

#66 dennisb407   Brickseek DN CAGiversary!   5659 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:39 AM

Where do I go to trade in games? Customer service? Counter? Doesn't seem to be labeled.

for Best Buy its customer service

#67 Kylearan   Hell Drifter CAGiversary!   1405 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:40 AM

Customer service, yeah. Hopefully more than one person knows how to do it at your location...if you're GCU, make sure they enter your member/phone number so you get your bonuses (10% $ extra & rewards points).

#68 bobaroo  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:33 PM

Does anyone know if you can get the $10 best buy my rewards points when buying different versions of the same game? If I buy the ps4 FIFA 16 regular, and one Deluxe version would I get $20 to my account.

#69 dav2sil  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:39 PM

Does anyone know if you can get the $10 best buy my rewards points when buying different versions of the same game? If I buy the ps4 FIFA 16 regular, and one Deluxe version would I get $20 to my account.

No..

One per title regardless of edition or platform

#70 bobaroo  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:15 PM

Thanks for the answer

#71 wiiups4  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:33 PM

Well, my concern is that I bought my Wii U to play with other people. I even keep it at my sister's house because the ONLY time it gets played is when there's local co-op or multiplayer going on. It's her, her husband, and myself. I basically sold Tropical Freeze because we couldn't all three play it together. So, Mario Maker has me leery because it's solo-only, and I'm not a creative person, so I wouldn't likely use the level editor. Pounding away at a million levels of Mario games by myself isn't all that exciting to me. Of course, I'm also disappointed in the fact Woolly World maxes out at 2 player, but you have to make an exception for the most adorable game in human history.

On the other hand, given how I can trade in Kart and Smash for $77 and repurchase them for $69.42 this week, it makes basically getting Mario Maker for about $45 is hard to pass up.

Yea, same here. Though I play with my fiance. She likes co-op, so we were disappointed with Splatoon and Mario Maker not having local co op. However in regards to SMM, you won't be able to resist making levels (which can be done very quickly, if you go the simple but challenging route) and seeing if they can beat yours as efficiently as you beat theirs and vice versa. We did this along with my family. So SMM definitely has some family fun to it, you just have to make it up lol

#72 TheBroKitten   Banned Banned   273 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

TheBroKitten

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:12 PM

Not stickied yet? Nothing this week but thanks for an argument free thread

#73 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1944 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:31 AM

R.I.P.

#74 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:32 AM

BAHAHAHA!!! The argument is gone but the thread still isn't stickied. Lol at mods only doing half the job.

#75 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:47 AM

BAHAHAHA!!! The argument is gone but the thread still isn't stickied. Lol at mods only doing half the job.

I'm not banned either so we all win, lol

#76 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12114 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:53 AM

So are the animal crossing cards going to be allowed the GCU discount? If so you are limited to just three, unless its different for these type of accessories?

Good question.  I imagine there will be no overall purchase limit (maybe a limit to how many you can buy at one time) since the point of these things is to buy a lot.  A GCU discount would be nice though.

#77 Sweeterman  

Sweeterman

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:56 AM

Looks like earlier today Bestbuy website uploaded the Animal Crossing HHD New 3DS console bundle, but now they changed it to HHD plus NFC reader bundle. Anyone know if they are getting the console bundle or not?

#78 Geco17   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2877 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:11 AM

Looks like earlier today Bestbuy website uploaded the Animal Crossing HHD New 3DS console bundle, but now they changed it to HHD plus NFC reader bundle. Anyone know if they are getting the console bundle or not?

I thought US was going to get the AC plus NFC bundle first before getting standalone versions? Not totally sure though.

#79 domoniccc  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:26 AM

Nobody knows just yet, they haven't said anything regarding it!

#80 Saint'sRow911   Flip 'Em CAGiversary!   1535 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Saint'sRow911

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:27 AM

FIFA and 2k16 for me.

#81 no658ea3   Come at me Bro, I'm Hubert CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:03 AM

Save $10 on These Popular Games

Save $5 When You Buy 2 Disney Infinity 3.0 Figures

Save on Select Disney Infinity 2.0 Toy Box Starter Packs

Only $9.99 for Select Disney Infinity Figures

#82 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13143 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:14 AM

Infinity 3.0 deal works out to $9.xx per figure with GCU

#83 The Prize Fighter Inferno   XBL: Greendale CC CAGiversary!   1205 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

The Prize Fighter Inferno

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:18 AM

Battlefield Hardline showing $29.99/$23.99

#84 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2751 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:41 AM

Battlefield Hardline showing $29.99/$23.99

I personally think Hartline will be $20 or less on Black Friday. I waited this long, I'll wait a little longer.

#85 asspickle   Scandinavian King CAGiversary!   1995 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:54 AM

Looks like there running a 30% trade in bonus too, I already traded in my Mad Max game earlier this week though :(

#86 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:58 AM

Where do you see a 30% bonus?

#87 asspickle   Scandinavian King CAGiversary!   1995 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:59 AM

Where do you see a 30% bonus?

http://www.bestbuy.c...17093&type=page

#88 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   11239 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:00 AM

Cool. Not showing up under the weekly deals for whatever reason

#89 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3124 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:02 AM

just finished Mad Max would love to trade with 30, is there a deadline date on that anywhere? that would be like $42, more than I paid,nice?

#90 asspickle   Scandinavian King CAGiversary!   1995 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:03 AM

Yeah, it could be one of the short lived unannounced 3 day bonus like they have done in the past.