* * * * * 2 votes

PSN Flash Sale Ends 9/21 @ 3 PM ET: 60%-80% Off Animation Games

#31 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2733 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:29 PM

Sigh, just bought Xillia and its sequel along with La Pucelle: Tactics for $20. Literally just got a PS3 and I now see what people mean when they say these sales are good at cleaning your wallet. Thank god I don't have Steam, or I would literally be broke all the time.

tbqh these PSN flash sales are better than Steam sales have been in the past 2-3 years.

#32 RiPPn  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:32 PM

In for Omega Quintet.. 

#33 Coolrush   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Coolrush

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:36 PM

I think I might get just get Nep Nep rebirth 3 just so I don't have to deal with having to go through the trouble of trying multiple vendors to get a non defective physical cart of Rebirth 3.

#34 3peen   Banned Banned   278 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:37 PM

Peggle lol

#35 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10674 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:39 PM

Not feeling this sale at all. Glad I passed on Omega Quintlet for $24 a few flash sales ago though. I'll think about that one for $12 but other than that, meh since I have most of the stuff that I'd want.

#36 Rop3ADop3   puts salt on saltines CAGiversary!   1107 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:41 PM

hehehe damn nice flash, time to grab Xillia and Unlimited W. Redo

#37 Miketheking   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   375 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Miketheking

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:45 PM

Dragon Ball xverse is tempting for $19 after 20% off code

I got one to but from buying a ps4. I'm tempting to get omega but I don't like the idol part. Then there's one piece that I rarely play red. Dbzx with season pass still to much for me, using the 20% will only make $27.

#38 NeoMonk  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:50 PM

Omega Quintet is going to temp my wallet, I hope it's ready to put up a fierce battle!

#39 SixStringPsycho   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

SixStringPsycho

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:10 AM

Is dragonball battle of z worth it for vita?

#40 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1901 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:27 AM

Wow, they actually kept it secret for once.

Thinking about converting Xillia to digital for $6, but there's no emergency and It'd mean missing out on the dual pack if they clearance it out again.

#41 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49872 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:35 AM

Guess I'm starting with La Pucelle Tactics, Dragon's Lair 1 + 2 and Space Ace.  Will go from there.

#42 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8179 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:06 AM

Thoughts on Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed? I've never played any game in the series.

#43 madcatz1999   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   699 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

madcatz1999

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:06 AM

Omega Quintet is English audio only right?

Nope. Looking at the game right now --  you can switch to Japanese voices.  And, as it turns out, there's a lot more text voiced in Japanese than in English.

#44 Avalanche47   Billy and the Cloneasaurus CAG in Training   106 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Avalanche47

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:16 AM

All these people talking about La Pucelle Tactics has me wanting to grab it. I've never been huge into SRPGs but for $2 it's very appealings although I don't want to add an additional $5 to my wallet just to spend $1.75 (I already have .25 left in my wallet.) stupid minimum purchase.

This review is also making me want to buy it:

GEHK8AK.png

#45 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:20 AM

First flash sale in awhile that I won't buy anything from. Some of the games seem interesting, but the prices are still too high.

#46 ianharwood   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   183 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

ianharwood

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:20 AM

This is a great flash sale for high value titles.

Totally in for:

Gundam Reborn

Saint Seiya

La Pucelle: Tactics

Nep Nep U

#47 kickrockz713   Say it again CAGiversary!   10674 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

kickrockz713

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:21 AM

All these people talking about La Pucelle Tactics has me wanting to grab it. I've never been huge into SRPGs but for $2 it's very appealings although I don't want to add an additional $5 to my wallet just to spend $1.75 (I already have .25 left in my wallet.) stupid minimum purchase.

This review is also making me want to buy it:

GEHK8AK.png

WOW, I'm sold!

#48 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11542 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:49 AM

Nope. Looking at the game right now --  you can switch to Japanese voices.  And, as it turns out, there's a lot more text voiced in Japanese than in English.

thank you. Gonna buy it then. PS4 backlog needs more buddies.

#49 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5586 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:02 AM

Sold!  Now what about the Tales games?

#50 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2085 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:05 AM

La Pucelle Tactics is maybe the best SRPG I've played outside of the Disgaea series.  So good.  Worth noting that there's also a PSP version with extra content for you Japanese speakers.

#51 ianharwood   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   183 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

ianharwood

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:08 AM

La Pucelle Tactics is maybe the best SRPG I've played outside of the Disgaea series.  So good.  Worth noting that there's also a PSP version with extra content for you Japanese speakers.

Better than FF: Tactics?

#52 MR_E   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1861 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:20 AM

Thoughts on Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed? I've never played any game in the series.

It's a spin-off that's totally different from any of the other games in the series (aside from the story and voice acting, which are all Hyperdimension Neptunia, along with the inclusion of the HDD powers, lily rank powers, and magic attacks from the other games).  It's not an rpg at all aside from leveling up and being able to assign special attributes that raise/lower stats.  They brought on Tamsoft because of their work with Senran Kagura and Onechanbara and basically made it a hack-and-slash/beat-em-up with a clothes ripping mechanic (i.e. clothes rip when you take damage).

It's pretty fun, but it does get repetitive, especially by the time you get to the extensive post-game content.  You get...err...10 characters from the series and can use 2 on a team (switching between them), and you're pretty much just combo-ing (or button mashing) mobs of enemies until you've killed enough or the boss-level enemies spawn and you take them out.  Or clearing out one area so the next opens and getting to the end.  Those are divided into missions, sometimes with special requirements like using certain characters.  And that's about the extent of it.  It's really easy for the most part...pretty much mindless button-mashing hack-and-slash fun.

#53 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8179 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:34 AM

It's a spin-off that's totally different from any of the other games in the series (aside from the story and voice acting, which are all Hyperdimension Neptunia, along with the inclusion of the HDD powers, lily rank powers, and magic attacks from the other games). It's not an rpg at all aside from leveling up and being able to assign special attributes that raise/lower stats. They brought on Tamsoft because of their work with Senran Kagura and Onechanbara and basically made it a hack-and-slash/beat-em-up with a clothes ripping mechanic (i.e. clothes rip when you take damage).

It's pretty fun, but it does get repetitive, especially by the time you get to the extensive post-game content. You get...err...10 characters from the series and can use 2 on a team (switching between them), and you're pretty much just combo-ing (or button mashing) mobs of enemies until you've killed enough or the boss-level enemies spawn and you take them out. Or clearing out one area so the next opens and getting to the end. Those are divided into missions, sometimes with special requirements like using certain characters. And that's about the extent of it. It's really easy for the most part...pretty much mindless button-mashing hack-and-slash fun.

Thanks for the impressions! Probably sleep on it and decide whether to grab it.

#54 TheSupremeForce   Knight of the Word CAGiversary!   144 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

TheSupremeForce

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:37 AM

Depending on a person's preferences, it could be. I could see someone who prefers Disgaea to FF: Tactics (or hasn't played Tactics) putting La Pucelle Tactics up there. The story takes itself a little more seriously than you'll find in Disgaea. 

#55 headpiece747   I'm always angry CAGiversary!   2874 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

headpiece747

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:46 AM

Neptunia U is different then the series as it's more in line with Dynasty Warriors / action RPG. The regular series is a grindy RPG. So this is a spinoff of the same universe but different style of game.

Pick this up after cg8889 recommendation and need more games since I recently bought a Vita again.

#56 Xellos2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3127 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:51 AM

Wow this is awesome.  Tempted on xenoverse and a few other

#57 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2085 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:14 AM

I thought someone might ask that. :P  I did enjoy it much, much more than I enjoyed FF: Tactics.

#58 Cleftboywonder  

Cleftboywonder

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:28 AM

Ouch i wont have my ps4 until oct1st so many good games ill have to miss out on :(

#59 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5586 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:28 AM

Depending on a person's preferences, it could be. I could see someone who prefers Disgaea to FF: Tactics (or hasn't played Tactics) putting La Pucelle Tactics up there. The story takes itself a little more seriously than you'll find in Disgaea. 

Prinny dude!!!!

#60 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5586 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:29 AM

Gah!