Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed best buy removed the 10 dollar cert banner they had for lego dimensions. I did take a screen shot so hopefully they still give it to me. :)

Warner Bros has outdone themsves with greed this time...

Between this and mortal Kombat and batman they are going down as worst publisher of 2015

13331708063_20ae5bd694.jpg

Shouldn't be a surprise that Lego + Toys to Life = Huge Costs, I swear Lego sets are like double the price that I bought them as a kid. Still, the Portal 2 level looks pretty cool, but I'm probably not gonna bite 'til I see some really decent sales.

I'll wait for some decent deals before I buy these things.  If these end up being like amiibo stock, I guess I won't buy at all. 

I'll wait for some decent deals before I buy these things. If these end up being like amiibo stock, I guess I won't buy at all.
I'm right there with you. I'll only buy them if there is a great sale and they are easily attainable; otherwise I'll pass.

I spend enough on Disney Infinity, so I have to draw the line somewhere, lol.

I wonder on which side of the pricing pendulum this is going to swing as far as price drops. Will it bottom out in months like the Lego games or will we be lucky to ever see a sale like actual lego sets?

I wonder on which side of the pricing pendulum this is going to swing as far as price drops. Will it bottom out in months like the Lego games or will we be lucky to ever see a sale like actual lego sets?
Or worse yet, no sales and amiibo-like shortages.

I preordered my copy ages ago. I do not recall if there was a $10 cert advertised at the time. Regardless, I do not see any indication of it now. Can you provide a link?

ugh its black friday for me on this. I just can't justify the high price of investment
I am so on the fence. I still have plenty of DI 3.0 to play, this is the first Skylanders game I did not get at launch and I want Dimensions. To wait or not to wait. Ugh.

Neat, my Best Buy order already showed up. Too bad I wont get to play it until a little bit later. Im not quite sure that the $100 price tag is fair, but after BB GCU and Reward Certificates, I am pretty sure I can make most of what I spent back when I sell it after I finish playing it. So not a big deal.

Have they explained why this costs $25 more than Skylanders? Is it just Lego Tax or is it really a full length Lego game and the level packs aren't actually needed?

You can platinum the game without buying anything but the base game.

The level packs aren't required, but probably adds the most to the game, out of everything.

The fun packs and vehicle packs are probably not required for anything, and are probably a waste of money. Unless you want the minifigure, like me.

As for why it costs more than Skylanders, probably just cause it's a lot of licenses. They also claim you never need to rebuy things in the future, so it might be a more advanced portal. It also supports seven simultanenous figures/vehicles, which might have affected it.

As for why it costs more than Skylanders, probably just cause it's a lot of licenses. They also claim you never need to rebuy things in the future, so it might be a more advanced portal. It also supports seven simultanenous figures/vehicles, which might have affected it.
The gamespot review has indicated that its about 12-14 hours which is pretty long for a Lego game and longer than skylanders by a couple of hours.That said, the value proposition is pretty interesting (if not weird) for Dimensions. The two big things I noticed as far extra purchases were:

1. ANY character pack unlocked a free roam world with numerous (if not repetitive) missions. My take is that if you like the license you'll probably enjoy the monotony of fetch quests more.

2. Level packs look like they are about an hour but ALSO unlock the free roam world for that character. IGN has a few of them now and they look decent though waiting for a discount looks like it may be the way to go.

If these level and fun packs get the 5-10 dollar discounts the Infinity stuff seems to regularly I think they will likely be a pretty good deal for people who like the now standard lego game design.

can't get into this.  I avoided "collecting" LEGOs (ie missed a lot of series) and probably had more knex sets anyway when I was a kid.  I can only imagine when Harry Potter drops for the next iteration along with Bionicles. 

I'm guessing Star Wars won't be happening as that's already licensed by DI.

Yea, Star Wars won't happen. Harry Potter might.

But I also have almost all of the Harry Potter sets, except for like one of the Hogwart sets...

And every LotR/Hobbit set up til this year's Hobbit sets...

So I'm already knee deep in Lego as it is.

Wait so let me get this straight, and if I am wrong, please anyone feel free to correct me.  For about $100 I can buy a lego game that allows me to play with three characters, and allow me to play on a number of levels, some of them within limits if I don't buy the "other" level packs for around $30.  Not to mention if I want to play with other characters I have to buy their "packs"  So if I want to experience the whole lego dimensions world, I am looking at around $200-$300.  

Compare that to Lego Marvel Super Heroes and their total number of characters and numerous levels, and other lego games, all for around $20-$40.  Am I missing something here?  

I mean it is a great idea from these corporations.  "Hey, lets make a new game, and only give the players a few characters, and in order to play with the other characters they need to buy them separately.  But they won't know they are being fucked so bad, because we will disguise the purchasable characters as TOYS!!!!!  Its FANTASTIC, they will love it!"

Wait so let me get this straight, and if I am wrong, please anyone feel free to correct me.  For about $100 I can buy a lego game that allows me to play with three characters, and allow me to play on a number of levels, some of them within limits if I don't buy the "other" level packs for around $30.  Not to mention if I want to play with other characters I have to buy their "packs"  So if I want to experience the whole lego dimensions world, I am looking at around $200-$300.  

Compare that to Lego Marvel Super Heroes and their total number of characters and numerous levels, and other lego games, all for around $20-$40.  Am I missing something here?  

I mean it is a great idea from these corporations.  "Hey, lets make a new game, and only give the players a few characters, and in order to play with the other characters they need to buy them separately.  But they won't know they are being shaq-fu so bad, because we will disguise the purchasable characters as TOYS!!!!!  Its FANTASTIC, they will love it!"

I mean it is a great idea from these corporations.  "Hey, lets make a new game, and only give the players a few characters, and in order to play with the other characters they need to buy them separately.  But they won't know they are being shaq-fu so bad, because we will disguise the purchasable characters as TOYS!!!!!  Its FANTASTIC, they will love it!"

Yes, but blame Skylanders for starting the whole craze. And the other Lego games all launched at $50-60, so it's not fair to compare the discounted $20-40 to the full price of Dimensions. And even then, Dimensions comes with hardware and minifigures, even if they're not rare figures (Gandalf, Batman, and Wyldstyle aren't hard to get from small sets).

And the expansions are more like bite-sized versions of the other games. For example, Portal would have Portal mechanics, Doctor Who has Doctor Who mechanics.

Add to that, the minifigures. Cyborg's previous cheapest set was the Darkseid set. It's much cheaper to buy the playsets than the full sets, if you only care about the minifigure. Then there's the new ones, like Wizard of Oz, Chell, Slimer, Staypuft, Twelfth Doctor, K-9, Cybermen, Dalek...

But yes, it will cost like $450 to buy everything with GCU, if you don't wait for a sale. It's definitely a lot of money -- around what all of Trap Team cost. That's why I only ordered the sets that have unique figures with GCU (Chell and Wizard of Oz, as Best Buy doesn't have any Doctor Who ones listed yet).

They know full well that fans will buy useless vehicles and playsets just to get a particular minifig.  Why not extend that to videogames? 

Heck, if 2.0 of this were just a Lego Batman sequel, but with tons of minifigs, I'd probably buy it at launch.

When you buy a $120 set just to get two minifigures exclusive to the set with 0 functionality... this game isn't that bad *sigh*

Where's my LEGO Raven, LEGO Group?

I have a feeling the starter pack will see a price drop before very long. Really, $100 for that?

Then again, could be just wishful thinking on my part. This is the first "toys to life" game I actually want, but I'm not willing to drop $160+ on starter and level packs...

If this had a Disney Infinity-esque launch- where one could get a deal on just about everything with some footwork, then I may have been tempted. But as is? (Looks at bins full of Skylanders from the first 3 games.) No thanks. I've had my fill of toy to life. 

Shouldn't be a surprise that Lego + Toys to Life = Huge Costs, I swear Lego sets are like double the price that I bought them as a kid. Still, the Portal 2 level looks pretty cool, but I'm probably not gonna bite 'til I see some really decent sales.
Funny thing... The price of LEGO is pretty much the lowest it has ever been. It just feels more expensive because it's your money now instead of your parent's.

I think I may pick up the slimer and staypuft figures to go with the lego ecto-1. $15 is steep for a minifigure but I can live with it.

I won't be buying the game or anyting else announced so far unless I find them at a deep disount.

Strange Walmart doesn't have the Simpsons pack listed on their website, since this happened on Monday...

SOzi4bH.jpg

Here's a look at the back, the vehicles make 3 different...things... (spoilered for size)

KmUlUBt.jpg

Edit: So...yeah...didn't even need to do that since the forum seems to automatically resize images. I swear I've seen other images on here that are huge...

I bought the starter pack, the Simpsons and Back to the Future level packs, and the Jurassic World team pack.
I'm already deep into Infinity but goddamn if the Simpsons and BTTF stuff doesn't make me want to get into this too.

Hubert, is it fine with you if I wait until Black Friday to pick these up at Best Buy, with added discount from Gaymer's Club Unlocked™? Also do you know if you actually build these things or if they come prebuilt?

I'm still undecided whether this makes it way cooler, or more gimmicky.

Regardless, I already have a full set of currently released Amiibo's and DI Figures. Last thing I need is a 3rd vice.
The fact that the minifigures are normal minifigures is the part that makes me think it's cooler.

For achievement and trophy hunters, it should be noted that there are achievements attached to the Simpsons, Portal, and Back to the Future level packs. So, essentially $90 DLC...

bread's done
Back