* * * * - 7 votes

Lego Dimensions Deals and Discussion Thread

Lego Dimensions

#3061 n8littlefield   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   351 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

n8littlefield

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:49 PM

Actually he just wasn't approached for Episode 7 - http://attackofthefa...wars-episode-8/

He isn't the lean sex symbol of his youth, but he still appears in things.  He was just in Dancing with the Stars a few seasons ago.  He didn't do great, but seemed to really enjoy his time doing it.    According to IMDB it looks like he's in the upcoming TV remake of Dirty Dancing as well.  It's entirely possible that they avoided him in the first movie because they just didn't want it to be all cameos and coincidental meetings.

#3062 sn9ke.eyes   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

sn9ke.eyes

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:52 PM

Must have missed the joke. Can't remember hearing one.

He played harvey dent in the 1989 batman movie.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#3063 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1592 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:53 PM

I can break this down for you easily enough. Billy Dee Williams isn't young anymore. He most likely doesn't look like the lean, sexy man he was in his youth. And he has most likely decided that he doesn't want to do live-action roles. That's his choice. He probably doesn't mind doing animated roles because they don't require him to be in front of a camera, and he does have a very pleasant voice. I really enjoyed the in-joke of hearing him play two-face in the Lego Batman Movie. That was a nice nod.

He was in his early forties when Empire was filmed, and is now near 80. Of course he isn't going to look the same, but that could have been used in his favor. The theme of how time changes people, which provided one of the best Force Awakening scenes with the Han and Leia reunion, could have been explored even more thoroughly through a character whose lifestyle aging would have a further impact on. Maybe he could be lamenting his waning powers to attract women, like Jack Nicholson in Terms of Endearment, getting women by trading on his status as a hero, but finds new purpose with a new threat to the galaxy. Or, they could go in the other direction with him traveling further in the direction of the path of responsibility he was on, and at some point in the 30 year gap found a nice woman, settled down, and became a father (or grandfather), and now approaches this new threat from a different life situation. Wherever they decide to take the character, his finding out about Han's death could provide interesting fireworks, and if he's really that upset about his looks, they could always do like they did with Peter Cushing except instead of recreating young Lando, they could create an ideally aged version of himself. 

#3064 Z-Saber   3-star hero?! CAGiversary!   5076 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2017 - 09:42 PM

I watched that sorta recently and honestly can't say I ever knew that.

XBL: Z 5aber

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/z_saber

Uplay: Z-Saber

Origin: Z_Saber_64

PSN: Zsaber64

#3065 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1592 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:43 PM

Was also supposed to be in Batman Returns where he'd become Two-Face, but they replaced him with Walken's Max Schreck character, and apparently Joel Schumacher favored Tommy Lee Jones for the part in Batman Forever. However, in Batman the Animated Series, Harvey was an African American who bore a resemblance to Williams.

#3066 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8028 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:04 AM

However, in Batman the Animated Series, Harvey was an African American who bore a resemblance to Williams.

Uh.

twoface02.jpg

He's been Caucasian in every major representation, except for the first Batman film (and Lego Batman.)

#3067 Z-Saber   3-star hero?! CAGiversary!   5076 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:16 AM

Uh.

twoface02.jpg

He's been Caucasian in every major representation, except for the first Batman film (and Lego Batman.)

I just went down a major Google rabbit hole in search of black Harvey before you posted. Short version: not black.

XBL: Z 5aber

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/z_saber

Uplay: Z-Saber

Origin: Z_Saber_64

PSN: Zsaber64

#3068 scottman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2951 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:34 AM

That picture could kind of pass as black or puerto rican to me.

#3069 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2891 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:34 AM

I just went down a major Google rabbit hole in search of black Harvey before you posted. Short version: not black.

The one from the original animated series could easily have been African American.  But for grins, here's yet ANOTHER example.

Spoiler

For comparrison:

Spoiler

Apprrently, this is a rehashed VERY old argument.  Also, don't forget the Tangent universe.  He was 100% African American  :P

#3070 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2035 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:52 AM

Yes, Billy Dee Williams selection as Harvey Dent in the 1989 Tim Burton Batman film was considered fairly progressive. It always irked me slightly that he never got a chance to play Two-Face. I honestly think he would have been a good fit for that role. Having him voice Two-Face in the Lego Batman movie was a subtle little nod to this discrepancy.

The Lego Batman Movie was filled with these little touches, innumerable subtle jabs and references to Batman's long history in pop culture. I'm going to have to go over it frame-by-frame when it comes out on home video just to catch everything.

#3071 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1592 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:12 PM

Yes, Billy Dee Williams selection as Harvey Dent in the 1989 Tim Burton Batman film was considered fairly progressive. It always irked me slightly that he never got a chance to play Two-Face. I honestly think he would have been a good fit for that role. Having him voice Two-Face in the Lego Batman movie was a subtle little nod to this discrepancy.

The Lego Batman Movie was filled with these little touches, innumerable subtle jabs and references to Batman's long history in pop culture. I'm going to have to go over it frame-by-frame when it comes out on home video just to catch everything.

He'd of probably been a better Two-Face than Tommy Lee Jones, who looked like an idiot trying to out mug Jim Carrey. Williams would have likely played the role with his usual swagger, and made Carrey look like the scenery-chewing fool he was. However, like most every Joel Schumacher film, it still would have sucked, but less so.

#3072 padme2k7   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   27 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

padme2k7

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:57 AM

I have extras of all of the sets released at the 99 Cents Only stores, except for Unikitty and the Scooby Doo Team pack.  My daughter and I just got into Lego Dimensions, so I'm looking to trade for any other sets.  I would prefer shipping the sets without boxes to save money, but arrangements can be made if you prefer they remain sealed in their original packaging.  PM me if interested.

#3073 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1592 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:02 AM

I have extras of all of the sets released at the 99 Cents Only stores, except for Unikitty and the Scooby Doo Team pack.  My daughter and I just got into Lego Dimensions, so I'm looking to trade for any other sets.  I would prefer shipping the sets without boxes to save money, but arrangements can be made if you prefer they remain sealed in their original packaging.  PM me if interested.

There's a separate thread for 99 cent store posts. Anyone interested in Dimensions reads both threads. No need to post the same thing twice.

#3074 Djchanclaface   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   298 Posts   Joined 3.8 Years Ago  

Djchanclaface

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:52 AM

Deleted. Wrong thread.

My sell/trade list:

https://goo.gl/VOQkZv

#3075 mink-e   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:02 PM

I was able to pick up 5 more Green Arrows and clean out the GS by my house.  The kinda bad news is that I've picked up all of the dollar store sets I need as well as extras to put up at my desk.  I'm willing to look at trade lists, but I'm now looking to sell these for $13 Amazon shipped first class with DC in a bubble mailer (which is still significantly cheaper than eBay).

For those who I said I was going to sell for $12, I'm sorry.  These cost $2.67 just to ship.  I'm bumping the cost a dollar to offset the shipping/packing cost.

#3076 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7366 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:11 PM

If anyone is stuck with any of the Ninjago or Chima sets I'm looking to buy. I don't need the Chima Cragger or the Ninjago Team Pack but everything else is fair game. If possible would like to buy as many as possible from the same person and sending out of the boxes is fine with me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#3077 karkyco   $$$ CAGiversary!   6628 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:53 PM

The one from the original animated series could easily have been African American.  But for grins, here's yet ANOTHER example.

Spoiler

For comparrison:

Spoiler

Apprrently, this is a rehashed VERY old argument.  Also, don't forget the Tangent universe.  He was 100% African American  :P

Same skin tone as Bruce Wayne just different hair style.  Yeah, he could be "light-skin-ded" or swirly, (southern) Italian/Greek/Spanish/Mediterranean or other "dark" white, maybe.  Regardless, definitely originated from Africa if you go back far enough as did we all.

Let's just call him Sicilian, even though "Dent" is about as Italian as Smith.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#3078 o0achilles0o   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   650 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

o0achilles0o

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:19 PM

Friendly GS guy just gave me the rest of their Green Arrow polybags as he was tired of looking at them.

Not looking to make any money off them but I also don't want to pay for shipping out six of these guys. PM me if you want one and want to trade something or pay for shipping.

I currently have all released Lego Dimensions sets, but am open to offers for just about anything else or again, just footing the shipping cost.

Preemptive RIP inbox.

EDIT:

6 Green Arrows claimed - 0 left

#3079 mink-e   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   158 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:38 PM

All of mine have been spoken for. Hopefully achilles can hook up whose who need them still. I might hit a couple more area stores and see what I can scrounge until every CAG has a GA.

#3080 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7366 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:53 PM

I tried to score a Green Arrow or two in my area today with no luck. I checked 4 stores buying something small at each store to butter them up to no avail.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#3081 RunningMan  

RunningMan

Posted Yesterday, 04:48 AM

Dont know if anybody is still having trouble getting these, but as I said like 10 pages ago, I went after this just for the legos, and while I live on the other side of the country, was still able to get some without getting gouged by ebay, and I have a surplus of discs, if anybody wants just the discs, Im taking reasonable offers, PM if interested:

71203     Portal 2 Level Pack     
71202     The Simpsons Level Pack
71211     Bart Simpson Fun Pack     
71221     Wizard of Oz Wicked Witch
71238     Cyberman Fun Pack
71218     Gollum Fun Pack
71220     Gimli Fun Pack
71212     Emmet Fun Pack   
71213     Bad Cop Fun Pack     
71214     Benny Fun Pack     
71231     Unikitty Fun Pack
71217     Ninjago Zane
71234     Ninjago Sensei Wu
71215     Ninjago Jay Fun Pack
71232     Chima Eris Fun Pack
71223     Chima Fun Pack Cragger
71201     Back to the Future
71204     Doctor Who Level Pack     
71207     Lego Ninjago Team Pack
71256     Gremlins Team Pack
71230     Doc Brown Fun Pack

WANTED: Old games- N64, Turbografx, SNES, etc. Paypal/or trade for newer xbone/ps4 games.

#3082 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted Yesterday, 07:01 AM

Loot Crate's Facebook page has been deleting the complaints about the Lego Dimensions item not being exclusive, despite the fact that the page for Loot Crate states under FEATURES that the items are "Licensed & Exclusive". This is my first time ordering with them and I'm definitely not going to order another one ever. I wish I had known beforehand that unboxing videos usually pop up before the ordering deadline.

optimus_prime.gif

#3083 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   740 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted Yesterday, 02:26 PM

Loot Crate's Facebook page has been deleting the complaints about the Lego Dimensions item not being exclusive, despite the fact that the page for Loot Crate states under FEATURES that the items are "Licensed & Exclusive". This is my first time ordering with them and I'm definitely not going to order another one ever. I wish I had known beforehand that unboxing videos usually pop up before the ordering deadline.

Same on all accounts. Major disappointment and I'm never buying into loot crate again. What a scam.

#3084 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2704 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:52 PM

No offense but how could anyone think loot crate could pull that off? I can't think of any instance of lego providing that kind of exclusivity to a partner. I was thinking of subbing to loot crate once but outside of shirts, mugs, and postcards everything with any manufacturing effort is just bought off the shelf.

#3085 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted Yesterday, 02:57 PM

No offense but how could anyone think loot crate could pull that off? I can't think of any instance of lego providing that kind of exclusivity to a partner. I was thinking of subbing to loot crate once but outside of shirts, mugs, and postcards everything with any manufacturing effort is just bought off the shelf.

Well, there was no guarantee it was a game figure. It could have just been a little exclusive keychain or a shirt or something. I'd have honestly preferred anything else over getting a non-exclusive character that I already own.

optimus_prime.gif

#3086 o0achilles0o   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   650 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

o0achilles0o

Posted Yesterday, 03:07 PM

Well, there was no guarantee it was a game figure. It could have just been a little exclusive keychain or a shirt or something. I'd have honestly preferred anything else over getting a non-exclusive character that I already own.

^ This. Not looking forward to my box of disappointment on Tuesday.

#3087 kraftwerks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   874 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

kraftwerks

Posted Yesterday, 04:13 PM

You're not "saving" money if you're spending it. 

#3088 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   740 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted Yesterday, 05:26 PM

Even a T-shirt would have been better. I'm going to email customer service with a very polite letter just so they have a record of disappointment on Tuesday. I would encourage everyone to do the same.

#3089 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   10925 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted Today, 06:19 AM

They just went really cheap. I'm sure if they tossed in a Supergirl or Green Arrow, people would have been a lot less stressed. 
But one of the first batch of funpacks that are all over the place for $1-5? That's a super-bummer.