* * * * - 10 votes

Lego Dimensions Deals and Discussion Thread

Lego Dimensions

#3211 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6737 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:21 AM

I had a similar experience thanks to the 99 cents only liquidation.  I bought those, and now I am hooked, thinking I would only get the ones I actually liked, but these 50-60% off sales made the OCD in me want to collect them all for completeness sake, just like disney infinity's death.  And I haven't even bought a starter and played it yet.

But I am not sure how you got away with only spending $166 for all you mentioned.

Excluding the few you said you don't care to collect (just wait, you'll want them), my numbers for the cheapest I have seen things in the past few months:

starter pack ~$35

lego batman movie story ~$20

ghostbusters story ~$20

fantastic beasts story ~$20

~ 5 level packs not available at 99cents  5 x $12 = $60

~ 4 team packs not available at 99 cents 4 x $10 = $40

~ 15 fun packs not available at 99 cents 15 x $4.80 =  $72

~$20 for the various $1 packs at 99 cents stores

So I see easily $250 - $300 to get everything you mentioned.  How did you get them for so much lower?

People on FB, other deals, BBY screwing up and giving me some stuff for free because of it. Not really things that can be duplicated.

#3212 Sr_Fuerte  

Sr_Fuerte

Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:26 AM

People on FB, other deals, BBY screwing up and giving me some stuff for free because of it. Not really things that can be duplicated.

Dang the only thing I have gotten for free from BB cuz they screwed up was a 12 month psn card lol.

#3213 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6737 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:09 AM

Dang the only thing I have gotten for free from BB cuz they screwed up was a 12 month psn card lol.

Well considering a chat agent was helping me order one fun pack at $4.80 but accidentally put my order on someone elses Best Buy account thus giving him my name, address, etc etc and last 4 of my CC. And then when I was asking "why did I not get an email about my order" the agent tells me it was shipping to some random person.

Thus giving out his name and address and phone number and he got mine...plus he might think I hacked him or something....They had to launch an investigation into why something that bad happened.

#3214 Sr_Fuerte  

Sr_Fuerte

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:12 AM

Well considering a chat agent was helping me order one fun pack at $4.80 but accidentally put my order on someone elses Best Buy account thus giving him my name, address, etc etc and last 4 of my CC. And then when I was asking "why did I not get an email about my order" the agent tells me it was shipping to some random person.

Thus giving out his name and address and phone number and he got mine...plus he might think I hacked him or something....They had to launch an investigation into why something that bad happened.

Wow all bad.

#3215 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3712 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:57 AM

I have noticed stores are starting to only carry non-supergirl versions of the ps4 starter kit.  No word yet on an individual release?  Or are they going to scrap it?  Maybe get one while still on sale in case.

#3216 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1480 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:48 PM

Lego Worlds is $20 before GCU at Best Buy today!

#3217 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1601 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:16 PM

Wrong thread?

#3218 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3317 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:01 PM

And you should have bought in when it was only $5....

#3219 boneless   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1860 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:33 PM

And you should have bought in when it was only $5....

When and where was this?

#3220 elessar123  

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:12 PM

When was it $5?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

#3221 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3317 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:53 PM

5 bucks.  Nuuvem.  For Steam.  February 2017 right before launch.

https://www.cheapass...uvem-drm-steam/

#3222 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1480 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:38 AM

5 bucks. Nuuvem. For Steam. February 2017 right before launch.

https://www.cheapass...uvem-drm-steam/

Doesn't help on Xbox one. The game is fantastic.

I don't think this is the wrong thread ...if you want to let people interested in Lego games know about other Lego games that are on sale.

#3223 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1680 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:40 PM

I'm gonna finally scoop up the Adventure Time level pack from Gamestop...looks like 50% off is the best I'm gonna get. I still will need the team pack with Jake and LSP but I'm hoping non-story packs will be better someday...

#3224 Green_Arrow  

Green_Arrow

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:57 PM

The Microsoft Store has a lot of fun packs for $5, possibly every fun pack is $5? Good time to get the DC characters.

#3225 cinemology  

cinemology

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:52 PM

I know this was posted a couple of weeks ago, but Hollar.com recently replenished their LEGO Dimensions stock. If you use this link: https://www.hollar.com/share/3y6r579w then coupon code "aprwelcome", then go to the $1 section and add an item to bring it up to $10, it should save you $4 on a $10 order with free shipping, comes out to about $3 per fun pack plus a $1 bottle of lotion or whatever you want to add.

I know many were spoiled by the One Dollar Only extravaganza, but this is a great way to snag the multi-talented Cragger or a NinjaGo set you don't really want but still want the world.

#3226 Ratmonkey  

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:58 PM

I know this was posted a couple of weeks ago, but Hollar.com recently replenished their LEGO Dimensions stock. If you use this link: https://www.hollar.com/share/3y6r579w then coupon code "aprwelcome", then go to the $1 section and add an item to bring it up to $10, it should save you $4 on a $10 order with free shipping, comes out to about $3 per fun pack plus a $1 bottle of lotion or whatever you want to add.

I know many were spoiled by the One Dollar Only extravaganza, but this is a great way to snag the multi-talented Cragger or a NinjaGo set you don't really want but still want the world.

You had me at "$1 bottle of lotion"
tyrion-lannister-eyebrows-game-of-throne

#3227 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   1191 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:54 PM

It would only let me do a limit of two per cart, so I snagged the Simpsons level pack and Legolas but couldn't get Gimli. Regardless, thank you very much for the heads up!

#3228 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2068 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:24 PM

There's a sale at BB right now, but it isn't as good as the one they had a few weeks ago. Despite the rather lackluster discounts, a lot of stuff is already sold out (or was simply never restocked), including stuff that didn't sell out last sale. It's not all bad; the Team Packs are the same price as last time (though they were $2.00 cheaper during the New Years sale), and some of the newer Fun Packs are about the same price they were at the GS sale (but more than they were at the last BB sale). Here's the link for those who need to have a looksee for themselves: 

http://www.bestbuy.c...tlbPWvS6wQ5ZbYg

#3229 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2068 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:51 PM

BB currently has starter packs for current gen consoles for $27.99 after GCU. This is only four dollars more than the BF low of $23.99, which was the cheapest I've seen them ever. They will no doubt be cheaper at some point in the future; most likely BF, or during the inevitable clearances when the plug is officially pulled. However, Supergirl sets are becoming harder and harder to find, and there is a good chance they will not be around when either of those sales happen.

#3230 ssjr760   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   310 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:04 PM

Can you use supergirl on xbox one or wii u?

#3231 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6268 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:59 PM

Can you use supergirl on xbox one or wii u?

Yes. 

You can buy the Supergirl PS4 set cheaper than the going price of just Supergirl.  She still sells for over $30 on Ebay.  I upgraded Dimensions to PS4 by doing that. (almost gave up completely when my 360 save corrupted after updates).  I'm surprised BBY still has that set available; not sure how it's lasted this long for ordering online, I haven't seen it in the stores for a while and it's the same price as the regular version.

#3232 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3712 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:55 PM

I don't get why people are still paying that much for supergirl by itself on ebay when they can get the whole starter for about the same fairly regularly.

#3233 Count Van Ghoul   Past The Mission CAGiversary!   1191 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Count Van Ghoul

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:54 PM

I don't get why people are still paying that much for supergirl by itself on ebay when they can get the whole starter for about the same fairly regularly.

Because they already own the set and don't want to deal with having to get rid of the dupes. It's not like she's THAT expensive.

#3234 SpideyVille  

SpideyVille

Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:19 AM

I kinda want Supergirl, but not bad enough to spend $30 on her separately or for another starter pack.

#3235 El Rey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2196 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:50 AM

I got the Supergirl starter pack for around $30 after Christmas, sold everything but her on Craigslist and came out even

#3236 zeb06   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2087 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:39 AM

Because they already own the set and don't want to deal with having to get rid of the dupes. It's not like she's THAT expensive.

He's saying that because the cheapest one is 37.50 and people can buy the entire starter set for that much pretty regularly, even cheaper right now. Even if you didn't want to sell the stuff...it's still cheaper to buy the whole thing.

#3237 Sr_Fuerte  

Sr_Fuerte

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:00 AM

My order of the goonies and chase is on the way from amazon bought them when they were 50% off.. idk if Hermione had the same problem but when I checked she was regular price.

#3238 o0achilles0o   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   654 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

o0achilles0o

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:23 AM

My order of the goonies and chase is on the way from amazon bought them when they were 50% off.. idk if Hermione had the same problem but when I checked she was regular price.

All three were half off when I ordered and all three just shipped. Huzzah!

#3239 Sr_Fuerte  

Sr_Fuerte

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:28 AM

All three were half off when I ordered and all three just shipped. Huzzah!

Haha nice! I was to late then well 2 is better then none.

#3240 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7580 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:19 AM

BB currently has starter packs for current gen consoles for $27.99 after GCU. This is only four dollars more than the BF low of $23.99, which was the cheapest I've seen them ever. They will no doubt be cheaper at some point in the future; most likely BF, or during the inevitable clearances when the plug is officially pulled. However, Supergirl sets are becoming harder and harder to find, and there is a good chance they will not be around when either of those sales happen.

Thanks. I finally bought Supergirl. I never actually get around to selling what I intend to sell. The duplicate PS4 starter will probably just end up being a gift to my nieces. It irks me to pay so much, but I'd rather pay $27.99 with bb giftcards and reward certificates rather than $35+ on ebay.