* * * * - 7 votes

Lego Dimensions Deals and Discussion Thread

Lego Dimensions

#3331 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:36 AM

The other thing I was considering was that now that Skylanders and Disney Infinity were killed off, that shelf space, reserved way back when for Guitar Hero and Rock Band is still there, so now that it's just one game, it's less of a fight for that room, so there's less of a need to dump it all.

Target and Walmart still have tons of Lego Dimensions year 1 and 2 in store. That's not a good sign. Retailers are not going to order or greatly reduce order of another year even if it would come out.

Once a while I will check 99c store to see if there is another surprise. I guess many of us do or waiting for next big sale to fill the slots. If the toys can't be moved in retail price, don't think there is a future of it.

#3332 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1527 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:38 PM

Target and Walmart still have tons of Lego Dimensions year 1 and 2 in store. That's not a good sign. Retailers are not going to order or greatly reduce order of another year even if it would come out.

Once a while I will check 99c store to see if there is another surprise. I guess many of us do or waiting for next big sale to fill the slots. If the toys can't be moved in retail price, don't think there is a future of it.

Target only *just* got the latest wave and they got very, very few per store.  amazon never got it in (first party seller) at all.  Best Buy was similarly light on stocking it as was TRU.  Dimensions is done, now is the time to start filling out your collection.  Hopefully some sales pop up like in the past, but I don't think the new wave has ever been on sale (beyond GCU).  And stores aren't really stocking enough of them to need to clearance out.

#3333 n8littlefield   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   386 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

n8littlefield

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:34 PM

I'm sure I'll feel stupid when every store has a stockpile on Black Friday but I actually bought the recent wave at full price because they were seeming to be hard to find.  Gamestop seems to pretty solid about having them both online and in store but my Walmarts and Targets haven't stocked with them yet, and the lack of inventory at Amazon is really surprising.  

All I need now are the story packs and I've got everything (except Green Arrow and Supergirl but I've given up on those at a reasonable price).  I'm waiting for at least a half off sale on the story packs.

#3334 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11093 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:08 AM

I'm sure I'll feel stupid when every store has a stockpile on Black Friday but I actually bought the recent wave at full price because they were seeming to be hard to find.  Gamestop seems to pretty solid about having them both online and in store but my Walmarts and Targets haven't stocked with them yet, and the lack of inventory at Amazon is really surprising.  

All I need now are the story packs and I've got everything (except Green Arrow and Supergirl but I've given up on those at a reasonable price).  I'm waiting for at least a half off sale on the story packs.

Eh, I had picked up the most recent series at release just to be done with it. But then I already had all the story sets, Supergirl and Green Arrow. 

#3335 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:36 PM

fun packs 2 for $5 at Five Below stores 

#3336 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:49 AM

Are those the usual 1st year fun packs (what I saw on their web for $5)?

#3337 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5057 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:11 AM

Are those the usual 1st year fun packs (what I saw on their web for $5)?

If they're the same ones I'm looking at this morning, yes. 

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#3338 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1710 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:32 AM

I went there today, and they were regular price. Did a websearch, and the only hits that came up were concerning a sale that occurred during this time in 2016.

#3339 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:17 PM

I went there today, and they were regular price. Did a websearch, and the only hits that came up were concerning a sale that occurred during this time in 2016.

https://www.reddit.c..._at_five_below/

#3340 n8littlefield   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   386 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

n8littlefield

Posted 16 October 2017 - 01:24 PM

They were definitely on sale - I have some emails that verify it - but it was a pretty brief sale along with fidget spinners.  

#3341 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:35 PM

They were definitely on sale - I have some emails that verify it - but it was a pretty brief sale along with fidget spinners.  

Seems they're still trying to clear out those 1st year figures, seems like the same serious overproduction that dragged Infinity to death.

#3342 RiPPn  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:00 PM

I was at Target today and there were a bunch of sets on the clearance end cap.  They didn't have a reduced price sticker on them though so I'm not sure how good the clearance price is.

723268.png

#3343 redrum666   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:43 PM

I was at Target today and there were a bunch of sets on the clearance end cap.  They didn't have a reduced price sticker on them though so I'm not sure how good the clearance price is.

my target clearance bin all it has is a bunch of the Chima Eris fun pack for $3

#3344 Richard Kain   The Kaiser CAGiversary!   2429 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Richard Kain

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:25 PM

And... it's official. Lego Dimensions is coming to an end. The writing was on the wall, but I'm still a little sad. On the plus side, I can now legitimately claim to have a "complete" Lego Dimensions set. And that's one less thing that I will feel the need to collect going forward.

Heads up to anyone else who is looking to acquire all the Lego Dimensions Sets. The most recent run (Beetlejuice, Power Puff, and Teen Titans) is going to be one of the briefest print-runs. While you probably can wait on deals, I would not expect these sets to stay on store shelves past the holiday clearances. For anyone who hasn't dipped in yet but is interested, the clearances are going to be coming hard and fast pretty soon. The older sets have already seen several clearances, but going into this holiday season all content is going to be on the chopping block. Keep an eye out for bargains.

#3345 GamerChris   It's a Funny Name. CAGiversary!   922 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

GamerChris

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:27 PM

Well now it's official. LEGO Dimensions will not have anything new.

https://www.polygon....r-bros-tt-games

#3346 Zmonkay   Awesome in Small Doses CAGiversary!   4698 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:35 PM

Sad but anticipated. Now the debate to grab the last few sets now or wait for a sale but risk them being limited...

For Trade: Humble Fodder (Sheltered), want Humble Fodder (Van Helsing) http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#3347 M3wThr33   Batman with a gun. CAGiversary!   1762 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:49 PM

Doing some rough math, it'd be cheaper to wait for the clearance pieces after black friday and then pick up what you need on a specific 1-by-1 basis. No matter what they cost after the fact, it will be less than the savings compared to waiting for the sale, so you win out.

Just make sure you have your checklist ready.

#3348 sevast   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   327 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:47 PM

I went ahead and grabbed powerpuff girls for my girls but I'm not grabbing anything else unless there's a good sale.

#3349 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2337 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:49 PM

I'm just thankful they got Gremmies and Beetlejuice out before dying

Infinity's Rogue One set got canned, and I really would have liked to see how that playset ended.

#3350 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6073 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:59 PM

Skylanders wins :)

Gamestop just got shipments of Dark Creation Crystals, and TRU finally manned up and became the exclusive retailer in the U.S. for the Ro-Bow Imaginite Mines Adventure pack, possibly the last item to be sold for the entire toys to life franchise as a whole.

1050581.png

#3351 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   528 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:29 PM

I'm just thankful they got Gremmies and Beetlejuice out before dying

Infinity's Rogue One set got canned, and I really would have liked to see how that playset ended.

Don't think they have developed that much for Rogue One, which I don't think would be too much different that other Star Wars playset. However, it's really pity for the Moana Playset not coming out which we have already seen the demo video.

#3352 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1419 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:35 AM

Infinity, Dimensions, and probably Skylanders soon. That leaves Lightseekers

#3353 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3005 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:03 AM

Infinity, Dimensions, and probably Skylanders soon. That leaves Lightseekers

Hahah Lightseekers.  There likely isn't a single kid managing to con mommy and daddy outta 60 bucks for an action figure.

#3354 SIX min WHISTLE   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2414 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

SIX min WHISTLE

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:39 AM

I just want the Portal set for the actual Lego, I know we still have them in stock at my store so hopefully the price finally tanks low in the coming months. It sucks for you hardcore guys, but at least all your figures released, and there will be plenty more Lego games in the future.

I think Lightseekers came out dead in the water. It's barely moved at all for us. I don't really see how they thought such an expensive line of figures would match with an app.

SIX+min+WHISTLE.png

#3355 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3005 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 24 October 2017 - 01:17 PM

I think Lightseekers came out dead in the water. It's barely moved at all for us. I don't really see how they thought such an expensive line of figures would match with an app.

I hear that it really is a good app though, but I saw the pricing of the figs and weapons and laughed.  No way man.

#3356 GamerChris   It's a Funny Name. CAGiversary!   922 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

GamerChris

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:50 AM

Target is selling Dimensions packs B2G1 free. I added the latest team packs plus Beetlejuice and it’s taking off $21 for some reason.

#3357 GamerChris   It's a Funny Name. CAGiversary!   922 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

GamerChris

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:10 AM

Ok I figured it out. There are double promos stacking. B2G1 video game and B2G1 Lego dimensions.

I added 3 fun packs Beetlejuice, teen Titan, powerpuff. subtotal is 35.97. Discount is 19.98 making them $15.99 before tax.

I added 3 more team packs teen Titan, powerpuff. Adventure time, making my total with fun packs 49.10 before tax.

#3358 kmitchell28   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   134 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

kmitchell28

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:06 AM

Target is selling Dimensions packs B2G1 free. I added the latest team packs plus Beetlejuice and it’s taking off $21 for some reason.

Thanks for the information. $53 for 3 team and 3 fun packs is less than I was hoping to pay to get the year 3 stuff.

#3359 Zmonkay   Awesome in Small Doses CAGiversary!   4698 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:07 PM

Yep threw in a random level pack (Sonic) that I'll gift to a friend just for the minifig and builds and got all the last wave 3 stuff.  Best Buy is likely to have a better deal with GCU etc but not significantly and this way there's (bittersweet) peace of mind knowing the collecting is done/no concerns around stock of the last waves.

For Trade: Humble Fodder (Sheltered), want Humble Fodder (Van Helsing) http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#3360 gossamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   398 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

gossamer

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:49 PM

Thanks GamerChris. Picked up Sonic level, and PPG and TT team packs for under $36, which is slightly less than I paid for similar priced packs during the last Best Buy sale.