* * * * - 10 votes

Lego Dimensions Deals and Discussion Thread

Lego Dimensions

#4021 Nocturnx99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   570 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Nocturnx99

Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:11 PM

I'm looking for these if anyone has extras!

Levels

Sonic
Midway
Goonies

Teams

Harry potter
Teen titans
Scooby
Ninjago

Singles

Aquaman
Batman knight
Cragger
Cyborg
Eris
Lloyd
Gollum
Superman
Wonder woman
Et

#4022 Modus Pwnens   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   159 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Modus Pwnens

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:25 AM

Freaking boxes got "delivered", nowhere in sight. Why do my packages only get stolen when the store won't be able to replace them?  :wall:  :whee:  :bomb:

#4023 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2173 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:04 PM

I found a Ghostbusters Story Pack in store for $10. Oddly, GCU didn't apply, but they had my right account. Does GCU not apply to 'clearance' items anymore or did LEGO Dimensions get reclassified as hardware? I'm going to have to read the GCU terms because I want my $2!

Edit: This is the relevant line from the terms: "20% discount off new physical Video Games, including pre-orders (excludes Pre-owned Video Games and Digital Gaming)."

https://www.bestbuy....cat341800050017

Not a clearance issue. My guess is when they pulled LEGO Dimensions from the website and store app, GCU got stripped. I doubt it was reclassified as hardware since zeb06 above had GCU apply via the website.

#4024 v0yce   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   402 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:33 PM

Bit off topic but does anyone happen know if there’s a way to “fix” a disc thing that stops working? My Venkman won’t scan anymore and he’s one of my favorites

#4025 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5159 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:27 PM

Kicking myself for not buying the LEGO Batman movie pack. Only one I’m missing aside from green arrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4026 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2173 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:48 PM

Bit off topic but does anyone happen know if there’s a way to “fix” a disc thing that stops working? My Venkman won’t scan anymore and he’s one of my favorites

You are talking about the toy tag? Contact support to send you a new one. Hopefully you are still under warranty. They had to send my replacement toy tag twice because the first got lost in customs from UK to US.

#4027 zeb06   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2038 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:00 PM

I found a Ghostbusters Story Pack in store for $10. Oddly, GCU didn't apply, but they had my right account. Does GCU not apply to 'clearance' items anymore or did LEGO Dimensions get reclassified as hardware? I'm going to have to read the GCU terms because I want my $2!

Edit: This is the relevant line from the terms: "20% discount off new physical Video Games, including pre-orders (excludes Pre-owned Video Games and Digital Gaming)."

https://www.bestbuy....cat341800050017

Not a clearance issue. My guess is when they pulled LEGO Dimensions from the website and store app, GCU got stripped. I doubt it was reclassified as hardware since zeb06 above had GCU apply via the website.

Yeah before they removed them from the website, everything received the GCU discount.

I ended up getting the Fantastic Beasts story pack, Hermione, Tina, both Powerpuff sets, Lego City fun pack, teen titans fun pack, and the Adventure Time fun pack. I had the marshmallow man too but it was shipping only so I thought I’d decide later, but they went fast. Ended up with 8 sets for $20 after GCU and store pickup discounts.

#4028 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1866 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:18 PM

You are talking about the toy tag? Contact support to send you a new one. Hopefully you are still under warranty. They had to send my replacement toy tag twice because the first got lost in customs from UK to US.

There is a trick involving putting the disc underneath the base, or something like that. I can't remember the precies details, but someone on this thread had the same problem with a malfunctioning Peter Venkman, and got it working again with this trick.

#4029 mitch079   Don't be a moron! CAGiversary!   12700 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:35 AM

Sorry if this was already asked / posted in the past 80 pages or so...

Is there a checklist of all the packs somewhere? 

https://www.reddit.c...ns_tracker_v24/

The link to the google docs spreadsheet is the yellow fonted Lego Dimensions Tracker  V2.4

#4030 sevast   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   346 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:20 AM

anywhere to get the team titans team pack at a good price? It's the last one the kids and I are missing (from what we want). 

#4031 Saphoon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1866 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 03:25 PM

anywhere to get the team titans team pack at a good price? It's the last one the kids and I are missing (from what we want). 

The BB sale was probably the best we'll see now. You might get a good deal off Ebay, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that set (and others) hit Five Below. They've done it before with Fun Packs while the game was still releasing new content, and now that it's been canceled, there's an even greater chance it will be there.

#4032 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2173 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:52 PM

Yeah before they removed them from the website, everything received the GCU discount.

I ended up getting the Fantastic Beasts story pack, Hermione, Tina, both Powerpuff sets, Lego City fun pack, teen titans fun pack, and the Adventure Time fun pack. I had the marshmallow man too but it was shipping only so I thought I’d decide later, but they went fast. Ended up with 8 sets for $20 after GCU and store pickup discounts.

Very nice! Previously, I received GCU on many Lego Dimensions sets so I was pretty surprised to see it not apply on the Ghostbusters story pack. Of course, the cashier just shrugged. I'll call BB support on Monday when I'm at work.

#4033 sevast   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   346 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:15 PM

The BB sale was probably the best we'll see now. You might get a good deal off Ebay, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that set (and others) hit Five Below. They've done it before with Fun Packs while the game was still releasing new content, and now that it's been canceled, there's an even greater chance it will be there.

Yeah, I was really hoping when I saw it in the sale but it was sold out pretty early.