* * * * - 10 votes

Lego Dimensions Deals and Discussion Thread

Lego Dimensions

#1141 Irukandji   Lurking and Twerking CAGiversary!   1231 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:28 AM

Target will be doing 50% off starter packs next week. Hopefully another coupon or cartwheel offer will come out. Regardless, it will be around 45 bucks so that's pretty decent.

#1142 M3wThr33   Batman with a gun. CAGiversary!   1771 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2016 - 04:56 AM

I think Skylanders was going to be set up for a big painful iteration anyways: Trap Team needed SOOOO much stuff that people just basically got fed up. Despite the fact that Super Chargers only really needs 3 things (Air/Land/Sea) and then most of the other stuff is "nice to have", it had to deal not only with sequel fatigue but also people that were pissed off at having to buy 10 trap masters, 10 traps, and a Kaos trap... that's a LOT of stuff.  

Skylanders shat the bed the day they decided to release multiple poses of the same character AND limited editions of the same character. From that point on, you knew they'd do EVERY trick in the book to get people to buy everything AND engineer the game to stupidly encourage purchasing a new portal every year, specifically TWO versions if you want the Dark edition of the characters AND the regular ones. I don't even want to get into the insanity of buying FOUR versions

Hammer Slam Bowser and his vehicle can only be found in the Wii version Starter Pack of Skylanders SuperChargers Racing. Turbo Charge Donkey Kong and his vehicle can only be found in the WiiU version Starter Pack of Skylanders SuperChargers. The Dark Editions of these characters and their dark edition vehicles can be found in their respective Dark Edition Starter Packs

That's right. You have to buy the game TWICE for TWO PLATFORMS each if you want both the dark and light versions of Donkey Kong and Bowser. And then TWO MORE if you collect Skylanders for the regular and dark versions of Spitfire and his vehicle. (Because he's not in the Wii or Wii U versions.)

Yeah. To be complete for Skylanders Superchargers you'd have to buy the base game SIX TIMES for 3 different platforms or go to the resale market.

#1143 Severus  

Posted 26 April 2016 - 05:33 AM

Skylanders shat the bed the day they decided to release multiple poses of the same character AND limited editions of the same character. From that point on, you knew they'd do EVERY trick in the book to get people to buy everything AND engineer the game to stupidly encourage purchasing a new portal every year, specifically TWO versions if you want the Dark edition of the characters AND the regular ones. I don't even want to get into the insanity of buying FOUR versions

That's right. You have to buy the game TWICE for TWO PLATFORMS each if you want both the dark and light versions of Donkey Kong and Bowser. And then TWO MORE if you collect Skylanders for the regular and dark versions of Spitfire and his vehicle. (Because he's not in the Wii or Wii U versions.)

Yeah. To be complete for Skylanders Superchargers you'd have to buy the base game SIX TIMES for 3 different platforms or go to the resale market.

For the record, that's all past tense, though. (Which in itself has pros and cons.)

But you speak of these things like that is how things are. That is how things WERE. Now both Bowser and DK have their own stand-alone sets, which have been on sale at multiple retailers multiple times.

No,they aren't the Dark versions. But *most* buyers aren't trying to get both the Dark and regular versions. Not for themselves and not for their kids. Some do, but they are not the majority at all.

#1144 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   813 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:13 PM

Target will be doing 50% off starter packs next week. Hopefully another coupon or cartwheel offer will come out. Regardless, it will be around 45 bucks so that's pretty decent.

Awesome! I'll PM at Best Buy to spend down some credit and enter another TTL money pit. Yay? :)

#1145 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 01 May 2016 - 08:16 AM

The Back to the Future level pack is $12.99 at Best Buy right now, $10.39 with GCU.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat306400050032

It's an obvious price mistake, as they've also dropped the price of all fun packs to $12.99. This is the only level pack that they've accidentally lowered to this price. Get it while it lasts!

Edit: Make that most fun packs. Doc Brown is still $14.99 for some reason. I guess they screwed up on which BTTF pack to price drop.

#1146 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1587 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:23 PM

The Back to the Future level pack is $12.99 at Best Buy right now, $10.39 with GCU.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat306400050032

It's an obvious price mistake, as they've also dropped the price of all fun packs to $12.99. This is the only level pack that they've accidentally lowered to this price. Get it while it lasts!

Edit: Make that most fun packs. Doc Brown is still $14.99 for some reason. I guess they screwed up on which BTTF pack to price drop.

Thanks! I had purchased BttF during the last sale a couple weeks ago. At this price, I repurchased it and saved $6.

#1147 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8686 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 01 May 2016 - 04:20 PM

I ended up building the starter pack and 2 fun packs for my GF yesterday (I was bored, and wanted to see how the game worked).

I can see I already have a problem starting since we already own the Dr Who, Ghostbusters and Portal Level packs, and I am already looking to buy more, lol. I will say that the Cyberman pack is hilarious because you can have Batman ride a Dalek.

I wish with the level packs they put all the character parts in a separate bag so I don't feel I need to beat the level asap to build everything.

#1148 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:44 AM

Just bought the starter... what's a good buy price on these? Assuming the "average sale" with GCU is like $6 fun packs, $12 team packs, $16 level packs.....is that close to the best deal?

The fun packs have been 75% off a few times so that's my buy point personally.  I haven't bought any of the other things because they haven't come near cheap enough yet and nothing seems like it's going suddenly rare so I'll wait for similar sales.

Which brings me to being torn over that BttF level pack.  Hear it's pretty short and not super in to BttF or anything, maybe if it was $10 before GCU.

#1149 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8686 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:10 AM

The fun packs have been 75% off a few times so that's my buy point personally.  I haven't bought any of the other things because they haven't come near cheap enough yet and nothing seems like it's going suddenly rare so I'll wait for similar sales.

Which brings me to being torn over that BttF level pack.  Hear it's pretty short and not super in to BttF or anything, maybe if it was $10 before GCU.

Honestly the only reason I am buying these packs are for the minifigs and vehicles. Not that the content isn't good but most blind bags of minifigs go for $5 around here so getting a fun pack for $8 on sale isn't bad. Still waiting on a few level/team packs to drop but overall been happy so far with what I got.

#1150 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1545 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:55 AM

Went to work today (TRU) and the price of our Fun Packs has been lowered to $11.99.
Went to Target after work and same thing!

#1151 Kerig   PSForsaken no longer! CAGiversary!   6169 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:40 AM

I wish with the level packs they put all the character parts in a separate bag so I don't feel I need to beat the level asap to build everything.

You can Youtube the instructions of any vehicle if you want to build it while not in-game.  We've done 100% of the building including the gateway like that.

Seeing the BttF set on sale for so cheap irks me even more.  I don't want the level at all, but they locked the Midway Arcade Level for 720 (the old crappy skateboarding game) in the BttF level...Double-DLC paywall :oldman:  Only bright side is I've tried 720 on other Midway compilations, it's sooo hard and awful at the same time.  It's zero fun without the wacky spinning joystick.  The bees!!!! The beeeeeees!!!!

g3a5Z.gif

For the record, they've also hidden Klax in Portal 2 and Cyberball 2072 in Simpsons.  All of the rest are either in base game level or the Midway pack.

#1152 JustinSaneV2   Banned CAGiversary!   402 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

JustinSaneV2

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:05 AM

How to find the instructions on the official website:

http://www.thebrickf...e-for-everyone/

Mirror:

http://lego.brickins...lego_dimensions

#1153 M3wThr33   Batman with a gun. CAGiversary!   1771 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:40 AM

Just bought the starter... what's a good buy price on these? Assuming the "average sale" with GCU is like $6 fun packs, $12 team packs, $16 level packs.....is that close to the best deal?

Typically it's only the fun packs that have been super discounted. There are not as many Team Packs or Level Packs, so they have less of a worry about clearing those out to make room.

#1154 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2121 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:08 PM

I'm considering getting a WiiU starter at Target this week (or PMing to BB for rewards points). Has the price of a starter gone much lower than $32.50 in the past?

#1155 ritchardf  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:53 PM

I'm considering getting a WiiU start at Target this week (or PMing to BB for rewards points). Has the price of a starter gone much lower than $32.50 in the past?

not that ive ever seen, maybe in amazon warehouse deals for a used one when amazon had their new prices in the low $40s, but i never saw it lower than $38.

also, really? if there was ever a time for a price drop on the wii u it would be after E3 of this year, with NX reportedly coming out spring of 2017

#1156 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2121 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:03 PM

not that ive ever seen, maybe in amazon warehouse deals for a used one when amazon had their new prices in the low $40s, but i never saw it lower than $38.

also, really? if there was ever a time for a price drop on the wii u it would be after E3 of this year, with NX reportedly coming out spring of 2017

Thanks for the tips. I meant just a starter pack on the WiiU--I already have the console. I may wait though. Any word whether a new Dimensions will come out this year yet?

#1157 ritchardf  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:37 PM

Thanks for the tips. I meant just a starter pack on the WiiU--I already have the console. I may wait though. Any word whether a new Dimensions will come out this year yet?

oh, now i got it. i bit at this price. at the beginning, it was suppose to be one game that was supported with new packs, levels, etc. for a couple years. i dont know if it sold well enough for them to sustain that model.

#1158 Querjek   Thirty Seven CAGiversary!   2121 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:26 PM

I went ahead and bit on it. Now I regret not picking up those packs that were $3.74 at Target a few weeks ago, but I'm sure the sale will come by again some time!

#1159 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:17 AM

The BTTF level pack is now $11.99 at Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.c...8&skuId=6618021

I had previously posted it when it went to $12.99 (same price as fun packs at the time), and Best Buy lowered the price of fun packs by another dollar, but still hasn't caught their error in pricing this level pack the same as a fun pack.

#1160 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36694 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:36 AM

Ugh, BBY making this tough.

#1161 doubledown   Funky Daddy CAGiversary!   11758 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:47 PM

I got the BTTF set at Best Buy....kids seemed to like it.  The LEVEL is way short though.

#1162 M3wThr33   Batman with a gun. CAGiversary!   1771 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 May 2016 - 09:09 PM

I went ahead and bit on it. Now I regret not picking up those packs that were $3.74 at Target a few weeks ago, but I'm sure the sale will come by again some time!

If anything, if the Cartwheel discount returns, it might be on a different set of packs.

#1163 Irukandji   Lurking and Twerking CAGiversary!   1231 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:40 AM

I didn't see it mentioned, but gamestop will be doing 40% every kind of lego dimensions packs on May 14th.  Level packs will be 17.99 and fun packs will be 7-8$ including the newest releases. 

#1164 PrinnyJ   Stay@HomeDad Gamer CAGiversary!   1010 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:33 AM

I didn't see it mentioned, but gamestop will be doing 40% every kind of lego dimensions packs on May 14th.  Level packs will be 17.99 and fun packs will be 7-8$ including the newest releases. 

That seems like a great price for the fun packs.  I'm totally going to pick up Lloyd for my son.  It's his favorite Ninjago person, so he'll be happy to get him.  For the level packs, I'll continue stalking my local CEX store for when they hit $10.

#1165 mcdull   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   669 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:10 AM

That seems like a great price for the fun packs.  I'm totally going to pick up Lloyd for my son.  It's his favorite Ninjago person, so he'll be happy to get him.  For the level packs, I'll continue stalking my local CEX store for when they hit $10.

BestBuy and Amazon had better sale on fun packs in March for a few weeks, 50% off at $7.49 and $5.99 w/ GCU. I wouldn't be surprised they will do that again.

Level pack seems better price than BestBuy's previous sales, Best Buy only had them at $19.99 before GCU last time.

#1166 El Gray   Obscurity Sponge CAGiversary!   1114 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:52 PM

Hey guys, they just canceled DISNEY INFINITY altogether.

WE WELCOME YOU TO DIMENSIONS WITH OPEN ARMS, sweet Disney properties.

#1167 odd mr t   Dangahh Zone!! CAGiversary!   459 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

odd mr t

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:10 PM

I just saw the article and my first thought was that hopefully this will clear any roadblocks currently keeping Star Wars and/or Marvel out of Dimensions.  Also, impending clearance on Disney Infinity, Y'all.

#1168 elessar123  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:23 PM

I've bought several Disney Infinity figures for like $3 after GCU, so it's not like it hadn't started.

#1169 PrinnyJ   Stay@HomeDad Gamer CAGiversary!   1010 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:24 PM

That sucks!  Of the 3 TTL, that was the one I least wanted to stop :(

#1170 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2733 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:32 PM

That sucks!  Of the 3 TTL, that was the one I least wanted to stop :(

Yeah, I got some of these Legos because I like building them, but man the game is a snooze.