* * * * - 3 votes

Destiny: The Taken King Trade In for $30 @ Target

Ps4 Destiny The Taken king Gift card Target

#31 Lilchiji   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   459 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:11 PM

Is it gonna matter if there's a "not for resale" mark in the place of a barcode? The ones that came with the LE PS4 are like that.

Just traded it in myself. Mine came with the LE PS4 as well.

#32 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2339 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:42 PM

How do you lock in the trade in value so I can trade it in store?

#33 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8358 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:47 PM

have people been getting canceled/returned? I saw someone got the full value from amazon and really didn't see anything else (really wasn't looking)

I'm not sure about Amazon. Just traded my copy into Target earlier today. To lock in the trade in value, you would just chick the link in the op, and create an account. They then send you an email with the mail out information.

#34 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10862 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:47 PM

Still waiting for Amazon to process my $34 trade...not feeling very confident after 5 days.

#35 PrinnyJ   Stay@HomeDad Gamer CAGiversary!   1014 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2015 - 12:53 AM

Still waiting for Amazon to process my $34 trade...not feeling very confident after 5 days.

Yeah, I'm waiting for that as well.  I locked one in at Target as a backup though.

#36 Djchanclaface   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   442 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Djchanclaface

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:10 AM

Thanks OP. Great deal  to get all the DLC for a decent price.

#37 tyron3biggum5   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   225 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

tyron3biggum5

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:17 AM

Mine was processed today! I sent it in on the Wednesday after release

#38 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13612 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:36 AM

Ps4 Version:

http://www.targettra...n-playstation-4

Xbox one Version:

http://www.targettra...dition-xbox-one

Thanks to MarvelEffect for this!

Target is offering at $30 GC when you trade in Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition.

Since the expansion is included as a digital upgrade, your original Destiny disc is all you need once you upgrade.

Pretty sure you misspelled "Darby27" there.  I posted this in on Sunday or Monday right after they added it.

#39 no658ea3   Ex CEO CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:38 AM

Pretty sure you misspelled "Darby27" there. I posted this in on Sunday or Monday right after they added it.

Thanks Darby, one of the best CAGs because of this deal!

#40 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1876 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:01 AM

Has anyone else in the Central Florida area traded a game in to Target recently? When I did this trade today, I was handed a gift card instead of forced to buy something on the spot (had something in my hand). Trying to determine if they finally got around to clearing up the pawn requirements, or if it was just a case of Bank Error In My Favor (incomplete training). Obviously, I wasn't going to bring it up at the time of transaction.

#41 justinTlME   Mean CAGs P*** me off! CAGiversary!   1340 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

justinTlME

Posted 26 September 2015 - 05:07 AM

Yeah, I'm waiting for that as well.  I locked one in at Target as a backup though.

You'll get it. My sister got hers processed today.  Took about that long to go through as well.

#42 jacknicklson  

jacknicklson

Posted 26 September 2015 - 01:46 PM

Has anyone else in the Central Florida area traded a game in to Target recently? When I did this trade today, I was handed a gift card instead of forced to buy something on the spot (had something in my hand). Trying to determine if they finally got around to clearing up the pawn requirements, or if it was just a case of Bank Error In My Favor (incomplete training). Obviously, I wasn't going to bring it up at the time of transaction.

1 out of 3 times I was given a gift card
Other 2 I had to buy something then I just returned it later that day

Has anyone done disc only?
I have the disc from the CE but there is no indication on the disc that it's not just vanilla destiny

#43 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   6676 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

blueweltall

Posted 26 September 2015 - 03:15 PM

They take off about $11 for no case and artwork.

#44 Bobby's Beasting!   All Day! CAGiversary!   4633 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Bobby's Beasting!

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:02 PM

1 out of 3 times I was given a gift card
Other 2 I had to buy something then I just returned it later that day

Has anyone done disc only?
I have the disc from the CE but there is no indication on the disc that it's not just vanilla destiny

They take off about $11 for no case and artwork.

Disc only = vanilla Destiny...not Legendary Edition

#45 SlaughterX   Teh Killer CAGiversary!   1406 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:16 PM

Can I trade in the not for resale version from the Destiny bundle?  Also can this be done in store too or only online?

#46 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 26 September 2015 - 04:40 PM

Probably better to just wait for a sale if you don't already have a regular destiny copy right?

$51.35 with gcu and tax
-30.00 trade trade credit, that I have to use immediately because Florida annnd its at target
$21.35 for the dlcs
$19.25 pre owned destiny vanilla after our and tax at GameStop

$40.60 plus gas total

Ehh I'll wait. Why'd I do all this math if I'm not that interested in destiny.

I like math. I discovered I like math.

#47 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5538 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:10 PM

Thanks for killing this OP.

Translated:

We were going to do this 45 times and now we can only do it 10 times thanks to OP. Thanks for fucking it up for us.

#48 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   3202 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:14 PM

Probably better to just wait for a sale if you don't already have a regular destiny copy right?

$51.35 with gcu and tax
-30.00 trade trade credit, that I have to use immediately because Florida annnd its at target
$21.35 for the dlcs
$19.25 pre owned destiny vanilla after our and tax at GameStop

$40.60 plus gas total

Ehh I'll wait. Why'd I do all this math if I'm not that interested in destiny.

I like math. I discovered I like math.

I do too baby, u + me = us

#49 Fat Pigeon 007   Cheap Ass Pigeon CAGiversary!   265 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Fat Pigeon 007

Posted 26 September 2015 - 06:27 PM

The guy at target said my Destiny disc looked perfect and never been touched. He was right since I bought it 10 minutes before going there and he was the first to remove it from the case. Thanks for the heads up OP

#50 Lilchiji   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   459 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2015 - 08:45 PM

Can I trade in the not for resale version from the Destiny bundle?  Also can this be done in store too or only online?

You can choose whether to do it in store or online.

#51 Legendarytjf  

Legendarytjf

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:33 PM

It worked in store for me less than an hour ago, but it was difficult.

I'm in Gainesville, FL so once the rep finally showed up he told me I have to find something to buy with the credit.

So I got a $29.99 game and came back to him and another employee on their phones searching for pictures of the TTK disc.  They both have played Destiny vanilla and knew the disc looked exactly the same, even noticed the disc said 2014 on it.  I assured them this was the disc it came with, but eventually they decided to call GameStop and ask about it.  I figured GS would mention the DLC code so I almost forfeited, but I waited.  The rep asked GS if the disc was the same, got a yes, hung up, and then did the trade in for me.  Normally I wait to return whatever I just bought, but after browsing some more I just went straight to customer service to return the game I bought with the credit.

Thanks for the heads up

#52 bugeater  

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:57 PM

Just did this with no problems. Spent the Target GC on groceries.

#53 dennisb407   Brickseek DN Banned   6245 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:12 PM

Everyone turning in their TTK cover art too? I want to trade in disc and use my bday coupon to get another disc at GS if I don't have to lose the art

#54 bugeater  

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:14 PM

Everyone turning in their TTK cover art too? I want to trade in disc and use my bday coupon to get another disc at GS if I don't have to lose the art

You need the cover art and case for the full $30.

#55 starboyk   Reverand Cletus CAGiversary!   516 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:35 PM

Gcu + this deal = 18$ TK expansion to my digital core game + $30 Starbucks credit.

Thanks, OP!

#56 Djchanclaface   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   442 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Djchanclaface

Posted 27 September 2015 - 03:35 AM

If you have Amazon prime, it's $50, free 1 day shipping, and you get the early access weapon pack which can be sold for $5 on eBay.

#57 MachRay   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:25 AM

Any idea if target does trade ins at night? Can't wait to trade in my xbox one and ps4 copies. Ill get a cheap vanila copy to replace the xbox one.

#58 no658ea3   Ex CEO CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:40 AM

Any idea if target does trade ins at night? Can't wait to trade in my xbox one and ps4 copies. Ill get a cheap vanila copy to replace the xbox one.

Use this website to check, www.targettradeinprogram.com. Type your zip in and it will show you the stores that do trade ins and the hours they have. 

#59 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10862 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

cancerman1120

Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:01 AM

Well my $34.08 to Amazon went through.  Ended up paying $17.27 to upgrade with the 3 DLCs.  Now it will just be 4 months from now and they will want another $20 or else your version will be obsolete again.  Not sure how much longer I will be doing that.

#60 Darby27   Licensed to Dill CAGiversary!   13612 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2015 - 02:10 PM

Use this website to check, www.targettradeinprogram.com. Type your zip in and it will show you the stores that do trade ins and the hours they have.

The website is very inaccurate. The hours listed are almost assuredly wrong.