New 3DS cover plates are up at store.nintendo.com

Holy cow, look at that zelda plate!?!?  I picked up this new 3DS for my daughter, but uh, maybe dear old Dad might need it.  :whistle2:$

Only Kirby & pikachu is cute. Where's fire emblem, xenoblade bayoneta or monster hunters?
We'll be lucky if we see any of those niche ones. Considering the treatment Fire Emblem and Xenoblade got with Amiibos despite their popularity.

Better off importing those, I got them in my hands already :D

I don't think Fire Emblem and Xenoblade are as popular as Mario or Zelda. I think most people just want the amiibo of them because they are rare and hard to find.

Seen the Zelda plate in person at my local Best Buy, it was nice. Too bad I don't have a new 3DS XL, just a 3DS XL.

Wish I took a pic but it was there and for the same price. The odd thing is, it was nothing like the one on the Nintendo store but it was official. Looked green. Edit - I could be wrong that it was a new case, definitely time for bed, but it was this one. Edit #2 - It was a clip armor brand, sorry for the misinformation. Worth a look either way to see what you find.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I took a pic but it was there and for the same price. The odd thing is, it was nothing like the one on the Nintendo store but it was official. Looked green. Edit - I could be wrong that it was a new case, definitely time for bed, but it was this one.
I don't think that is the cover plates, but just a case for your 3ds.

I already imported four, and I'm trying to stop myself from buying any more, but the designs of the cover plates and the entire concept is really cool.

I'm actually kind of surprised the cover plates have been received fairly well. They had faceplates for the Game Boy Micro, and they didn't really catch on at all. Then again, the Game Boy Micro itself didn't catch on...

I'm actually kind of surprised the cover plates have been received fairly well. They had faceplates for the Game Boy Micro, and they didn't really catch on at all. Then again, the Game Boy Micro itself didn't catch on...
But here's the thing...from what I remember, faceplates for the Game Boy Micro were never sold at retail.

In the US, the Silver system shipped with the Black, Pink Ladybug and Blue Onyx faceplates, and the Black system shipped with Silver, Camoflauge, and Flames faceplates. Outside of those faceplates and the Famicom system, no other official faceplates were ever produced for sale within the US.

So it's hard for something to be received well when there's nothing to be received in the first place.

Got a N3DS for my wife, and that is just the most perfect system.

I've hated this massive XL for so long (N3DS-XL also too large); planning to transfer back to an old 3DS or get a N3DS myself.

Got a N3DS for my wife, and that is just the most perfect system.

I've hated this massive XL for so long; planning to swap to a N3DS myself.
I feel your pain. I was a DSi XL user, then went to the small 3DS, which while smaller, was very poorly designed, and caused hand pains. From there I went to the XL, and while better than the OG 3DS is some regards, I never liked the "super size" shape.

Once they announced the NEW models last year, I thought the standard model was the answer to my prayers, but we all know how NoA handled that, so here we are.

While I didn't need or want all the AC extra's I'm super happy to have the white standard unit here in the states. I hope they release these stand alone at some point, and also offer the black, so anyone who wants a particular system can have it.

Yeah, I bought a DSiXL for some strange reason and while I enjoyed it at the time, when I look back it was a bit of a waste of money. I think the big screen was just a intriguing curiosity for some reason.

I'll probably be putting it up on eBay with my 3DS along with a few games to try to make a bit off of it.

Erg. Amazon and Bestbuy (elite+) have spoiled me. I'm used to not paying for shipping and getting things in 2-3 days.

Put in an order for the Zelda plates and threw in a High Capacity Wii U battery, since I had been considering that for a while.

Ordered late Saturday, and the Order status is still at "submitted" today.  I shall have to suffer through brightly colored happy rainbow animal plates for a while longer.

Erg. Amazon and Bestbuy (elite+) have spoiled me. I'm used to not paying for shipping and getting things in 2-3 days.

Put in an order for the Zelda plates and threw in a High Capacity Wii U battery, since I had been considering that for a while.

Ordered late Saturday, and the Order status is still at "submitted" today. I shall have to suffer through brightly colored happy rainbow animal plates for a while longer.
You can give them to me (just because I love animal crossing). :whistle2:

I imported early. NoA only seems to be selling one of the like 5 sets I imported (The Smash ones).

They are pretty cheap if you can catch them on Amazon at the right time. Seen multiple sets for under 20$ for short periods. (Saw the Xenoblade set for 15$ with Prime last night)

bread's done
Back