Not too optimistic for this year's Black Friday

BigTime2Play

CAGiversary!
The year is almost over and we are steadily approaching Black Friday.  I'm not all that optimistic about this year's Black Friday.  Some of these weekly deals are ok and I tell myself that I'll wait until Black Friday but I'm reminded of how bad the deals have been this year during times when most people expected the deals to be great i.e. Black Friday in July.  

Even the weekly digital deals have not been all that great.  It seems that the deals are so scarce this year that people are only looking for the next glitch or flip.

I don't know.  Maybe it's because of the new (2 years in) console generation?  What's really going on?  What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that every year its the same thing.  Before Black Friday, there will be tons of complaints that the leaked ads suck; Tons of complaints that previous deals throughout the year were better; Tons of complaints that Black Friday used to be good.  But despite all of that, once Black Friday hits, the forums will be flooded with people hyped up about wanting to get in on deal and bragging about the deals that they got. 

What I'm getting at is that Black Friday is what it is, and every year its the same, its not some magical time of the year where everything becomes ridiculously cheap, instead Black Friday is simply a time of year where there will be some good deals and where there will be some bad deals.  Go in with those expectations and its much more enjoyable.

I'm just planning on getting some Lego Dimensions deals, sure there will be plenty between now and the end of the year, Black Friday or not. There aren't any released games at this point that I really want so I'm just hoping there might be some decent gift card/point card sales and I'll be happy.

I'm just hoping for "Rise Of the Tomb Raider" at $30 or $35 since it will make a good doorbuster.  I'm not looking forward to the price on the Season Pass.  Luckily most companies aren't crazy enough to think the "Arkham Knight" Season Pass has been a hit.  I bought the $100 CE and am a bit pissed I didn't get a season pass with it essentially.

Past all this if there's a SSD external deal on BF I'd be VERY interested or if there was some insane OLED priced doorbuster for last years LG OLED I would camp all night at Best Buy.

I'm thinking we'll see the same stuff we see everywhere. $35 - EA sports Titles, NBA2K16, Until Dawn, etc. Sub $30 WMT/BBY games - 1st half AAA games (Bloodborne, Arkham Knight, MK). Sub $20 - Last years AAA titles. probably nothing special other than that. I don't think they will even offer $30 ps plus like they did 2yrs ago.  

The last few years have been basically the same as far as games go...everyone sells the same things for the same prices pretty much. With that said, I just hope to find deals on Battlefront and Rock Band 4 and I'll be happy.

I don't think BF will be great this year either. It will be okay but not great. There just weren't that many AAA releases this year to get good deals on.

Every year has been, at best, equal to the previous year. Typically it's worse than the year before. It's not even really worth getting excited for anymore.

I'm probably going to focus on games this year round. For all I know I may not even go. Last year I didn't, or I don't think I did. But yeah, I think it comes down to what you need or want and then that year is best for black Friday. 

Nothing is really catching my attention this year. Seems like a lot of the door busters are just consoles with a free game.

bread's done
Back