Let's help The Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment (kickstarter)

teknomedic

CAGiversary!
One of the few kickstarter's I'd actually like to see go far beyond it's target.  Let's try and help out a good cause. :)

They need to move to a better location to provide a safer place to have the museum and to help educate not only kids, but adults too. :)

The Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment (MADE)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/themade/the-museum-of-art-and-digital-entertainment-20

I'm not affiliated with them in any way... never even been there, but I would like to one day. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not pledging unless it includes Japanese(PC-FX, Marty, PC98, etc.), Korean(Gamepark 32, Wiz, etc.) and European systems(Amiga CD32) as well as games.  Some rare PCB's(Cutey Fatty) and other lesser known arcade hardware would be smart too(Technomotion, Ez2Dancer/DJ, Dance Station 3DDX(D-Tech model)), as a preservation necessity

Just wow.  I tried to think up a reply to you, but what you said was so counter-intuitive and "catch-22" like that all I could do was point that out instead.

You basically said the equivalent of "we can't hire you for this job until you get experience in this job"

I hope you realize that this isn't just a museum, but that they also provide classes on programming for kids and adults alike.

Just wow. I tried to think up a reply to you, but what you said was so counter-intuitive and "catch-22" like that all I could do was point that out instead.

You basically said the equivalent of "we can't hire you for this job until you get experience in this job"

I hope you realize that this isn't just a museum, but that they also provide classes on programming for kids and adults alike.
...are you whispering to him?

Just wow. I tried to think up a reply to you, but what you said was so counter-intuitive and "catch-22" like that all I could do was point that out instead.

Yes but I've heard about this or another attempt at a gaming museum completely snub the Japanese.

Sure they have U.S. released systems by Japanese but that's not good enough. For the longest time in video gaming, the Japanese have been the strongest primary contributor, innovator and a substantial market for games.

The case in point are systems released like the PC-FX(sequel to the PC Engine, i.e. the Turbografx-16 which I've been told was a bigger success than the NES and Master System in Japan), Supergrafx, Playdia(exclusively FMV games by Bandai with even some exclusive DBZ episodes for the longest time), FM-Towns Marty(almost an early sort of Xbox in terms of system architecture), V-Saturn(gets mention given the fact this was included as part of a Nav system in cars), 6 Disc Saturn for hotels, PSX(might be wrong on this one), Wonderswan, etc.

For dual market systems there was the MSX especially which never released in the U.S. but in both Japan and Europe. This system saw the earliest release of Snatcher and the true MG2, not "Snake's Revenge" for the NES here.

On the PC-98, the NEC system was closed architecture and Windows based systems could not play these games(nor vice versa I'm sure), many early noteworthy Nihon Falcom games like Xanadu started on the PC-98. Faxanadu on the NES, while a good game, is a totally different game than just Xanadu.

bread's done
Back