* * * * * 1 votes

Divinity: Original Sin (PC) $11.50 @ Walmart YMMV + FREE Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition on Release

Divinity Divinity Original Sin PC YMMV Walmart

#1 Lilchiji   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   459 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:41 PM

Was at my local Walmart Yesterday and stumbled upon the clearance section near the electronics section. Found two copies of Divinity Original Sin for $11.50, so I picked up a copy for myself and a friend and has been great so far.

You are Given a Steam Key to redeem in the box. The Boxed Physical Copy does come with 2 additional Characters & Source Hunter DLC Pack. However, when I redeemed it on steam, It redeemed as Divinity: Original Sin Digital Collectors edition and comes with all the DLC / extras pictured Below.

Note from the Devs:

**Soon you’ll get FREE version of Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition in your Steam library if you purchased Divinity: Original Sin. That means you’ll then have Divinity: Original Sin & Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition in your steam library, at no extra cost! Expected to be released at the end of October (27th).**

I know this might be Extremely YMMV but its worth a Shot / Share with you Guys.

Lowest Recorded Sale Price on Steam: $23.99 - 40% off + $5.99 - 40% off for Source Hunter DLC

Div OriSi.JPG

Div Ori Si2.JPG

#2 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:18 PM

Someone in the Steam thread reported this a while back. A bunch of us went to a bunch of Walmarts (I went to 16; eh I was doing a road trip at the time anyway) and none of the rest of us did ever find one on clearance so it's very YMMV.

#3 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25297 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:28 PM

Yeah, going to my local WalMart's a month back or so when Foxhack reported this in Steam-Thread didn't go so hot. :(

#4 Pokechaos480   Banned Banned   3685 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Pokechaos480

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:15 PM

Classic WalMart regional clearance find thread. One of my favorites.

#5 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3203 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:24 PM

Too bad it sounds like this is a rather limited deal. This game has been priced high for far too long.

#6 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8795 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:34 PM

I still have my copy, sealed, hoping this will turn up in a bundle so I can sell my boxed one. :p

I wish they'd give us a GOG code, too. Ah well.

Edit: Wait a sec.

You are Given a Steam Key to redeem in the box. The Boxed Physical Copy does come with 2 additional Characters & Source Hunter DLC Pack. However, when I redeemed it on steam, It redeemed as Divinity: Original Sin Digital Collectors edition and comes with all the DLC / extras pictured Below.

... did you get an extra copy of Divinity: Original Sin, and the original two Divinity games added to your account? Or did you only get all DLC? The Steam store has a Digital CE with extra copies of games included, but there's also one without the bonus games...

#7 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   3203 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:08 AM

I still have my copy, sealed, hoping this will turn up in a bundle so I can sell my boxed one. :p

... did you get an extra copy of Divinity: Original Sin, and the original two Divinity games added to your account? Or did you only get all DLC? The Steam store has a Digital CE with extra copies of games included, but there's also one without the bonus games...

Even though they have a history of bundling games in this series, I'm not so sure about this one since it sold well and they've yet to even sell the game for 66% off if I remember correctly.

#8 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:11 AM

Well it's supposed to auto upgrade to the enhanced or whatever edition soon so it wouldn't make sense for them to bargain basement it out now. At least digitally anyway.

#9 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8795 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:53 AM

You're probably right.

I activated my key and got all the DLC for the game. No bonus games.

... if this ends up in a Humble at the $25 level I'm going to be sad.

#10 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25297 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:56 AM

You're probably right.

I activated my key and got all the DLC for the game. No bonus games.

... if this ends up in a Humble at the $25 level I'm going to be sad.

I heard Divinity: OS might wind-up in the $12 Humble Bundle Monthly w/ Grimrock 2. :P

#11 SixStringPsycho   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   16 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

SixStringPsycho

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:37 AM

no copies at my local walmart. If anyone has an extra key with the upgrade Ill be glad to buy it off their hands.

#12 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:41 AM

I heard Divinity: OS might wind-up in the $12 Humble Bundle Monthly w/ Grimrock 2. :P

That would sure get everyone kicking themselves for passing and then subbing for the following terrible month.

#13 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8795 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:19 AM

You know, it would be hilarious if that happened.

#14 Lilchiji   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   459 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:54 PM

Sorry for not responding sooner. No extra copy of the games but a nice bonus with all the bonus content. I think the bonus game was for backers only or Physical collectors edition?

#15 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2300 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:00 PM

I bought D:OS on release. 

Such a great game with even better music. If you were a fan of DA:O then this is worth full price, IMO. 

Only gripe is the rogue can't duel wield... grumble grumble 

#16 SadExchange   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   20 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

SadExchange

Posted 07 October 2015 - 12:37 AM

I bought D:OS on release.

Such a great game with even better music. If you were a fan of DA:O then this is worth full price, IMO.

Only gripe is the rogue can't duel wield... grumble grumble

In the enhanced edition, he will which is great news

#17 Briandiesel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   27 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Briandiesel

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:01 AM

Any chance you still have the receipt? If so, could you post the Walmart Item Id? Then maybe we can find it using BrickSeek Walmart Widget.

#18 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2015 - 12:42 PM

Even if you find stores that have it in stock it doesn't mean it will be clearanced. In my extensive tour of Walmarts :-P looking for it I did find a couple that had it but they were selling it at full price and it wasn't clearanced.

#19 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 17 October 2015 - 06:19 AM

I decided to check my local Walmart and they did have it.. but at full price like Motoki found =(

#20 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25297 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2015 - 01:06 PM

I decided to check my local Walmart and they did have it.. but at full price like Motoki found =(

Bleh. It's bad enough trying to find one, but finding it at full price sucks too.

Hopefully, they'll eventually discount it at where you found it.