Urgent N64 Deal advice!

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Hey, im bout to get a n64 but i have a new 4k tv so im wondering if there is a reliable converter to be able to play it properly on the tv thanks.

Also have a guy selling me this lot for 200$... Good deal or no?[attachment=17567:image.jpg][attachment=17568:image.jpg][attachment=17569:image.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:
My tv also has this not sure if it will work i dont see a yellow video thing.[attachment=17565:image.jpg]

Bump

Edit: i have a confession, when i was 7-8 i threw away starfox 64. Because it belong to my cousin and i was pissed at him i dont remember why );... Sigh* stupid childhood.

Unless I'm missing something here... the picture OP posted shows a component input. What you posted is just an amplified composite signal multiplying device (and it's designed for cars) and would not help him connect the N64 to his 4K TV. The N64 doesn't support anything above composite, so OP would need something that'll upscale a composite input to either component or HDMI (which I assume the TV has). The only way the N64 would work with the TV is if the TV has a composite input (which it probably doesn't), to use a standalone upconverter/upscaler, or use a receiver that can convert digital signals.

Either way, picture quality is gonna look like shit on a 4K TV.

Just checked it say it does behind the tv it has composite and component labeled, just have a blue thing instead of yellow so not entirely sure...

Just follow the instructions on the link that I sent you and you'll be fine. There is a conversation about a similar issue to what your having so just check it out and you'll find the answers that you need.

Just checked it say it does behind the tv it has composite and component labeled, just have a blue thing instead of yellow so not entirely sure...
All you need to do is plug in the yellow cord into the green component input. My plasma only has 1 combo composite/component input, and it even has it labeled that way. It works for my N64 just fine.

bread's done
Back