* * - - - 3 votes

Best Buy DOTD: Save $10 on Destiny: The Taken King Legendary Edition PS4, XB1, 360, PS3

Best Buy

#1 no658ea3   Ex CEO CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:03 AM

http://www.bestbuy.c...y-edition-promo

#2 Kotor15   Banned Banned   3099 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:04 AM

So I get my $8 a few days early. Thanks Hubert!!

#3 acthechamp   The CAG Hero CAGiversary!   1481 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:19 AM

Awesome! Thanks OP.

#4 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:27 AM

Been waiting on this to cash out my Target $30 trade in. All the dlc for $10? Works for me!

Anyone looking to jump on this (keeping the dlc codes and trading in what amounts to vanilla Destiny), check the thread for the link to get Paypal instead of store credit. It's through NextWorth, which is the parent company that handles Target trade ins.

#5 Flandy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   121 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:31 AM

Bought this less than 2 weeks ago. Gonna see if I can't get them to price match this tomorrow. Am I going to have to hassle them to factor in GCU when I do the price match?

#6 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3499 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:34 AM

sucks, don't know what to get, been playing on PS3 but want to upgrade to Xb1, but will lose saved data.

#7 chefgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   815 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:42 AM

Might snag it. Dont know if i have time for it. Definitely dont have hd space for it

#8 shrinerr   Are you software people ready to fucking party? CAGiversary!   1438 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:44 AM

what are the chances this gets like 50% off or something on Black Friday? pretty good, right? right?

#9 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:44 AM

Bought this less than 2 weeks ago. Gonna see if I can't get them to price match this tomorrow. Am I going to have to hassle them to factor in GCU when I do the price match?

Their matching policy specifically states that they have to factor that in. Call it a price adjustment to the new bestbuy price and make sure they understand. I've had a manager do one as an adjustment then another as a match.

#10 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:58 AM

what are the chances this gets like 50% off or something on Black Friday? pretty good, right? right?

50% off retail, so $30? All but guaranteed. In stock and online?
sd-1.jpg

#11 UrAvgGamer  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:06 AM

Been waiting on this to cash out my Target $30 trade in. All the dlc for $10? Works for me!

Anyone looking to jump on this (keeping the dlc codes and trading in what amounts to vanilla Destiny), check the thread for the link to get Paypal instead of store credit. It's through NextWorth, which is the parent company that handles Target trade ins.

Does Target give you cash or Store Credit?

#12 no658ea3   Ex CEO CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:07 AM

A Target Gift Card

#13 hectorarizpe   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1086 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

hectorarizpe

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:45 AM

How come there's no copies in store? In the 3 major cities in my state there isn't any. 😡

#14 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3617 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:48 AM

does the ps4 version have the collector's edition content? I got the destiny ps4 bundle and it looked like a regular copy of the legendary taken king and had some collector's gear as well. Anyone who's got the retail ps4 version (not in the destiny ps4 bundle) was this the card inside?

https://psmedia.play...woColumn_Media$

#15 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:56 AM

does the ps4 version have the collector's edition content? I got the destiny ps4 bundle and it looked like a regular copy of the legendary taken king and had some collector's gear as well. Anyone who's got the retail ps4 version (not in the destiny ps4 bundle) was this the card inside?

https://psmedia.play...woColumn_Media$

Nope. The DLC inside does not have the emotes, shaders, etc. Just The Dark Below, The House of Wolves, and The Taken King!

#16 WickedEndoNinja   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3617 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

WickedEndoNinja

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:58 AM

Nope. The DLC inside does not have the emotes, shaders, etc. Just The Dark Below, The House of Wolves, and The Taken King!

cool, thought maybe bungie was just hooking up everyone on sony but guess it was just with the system bundle/actual collector's edition.

thanks!

no early access pack?

#17 jvang117   Friendly CAG CAGiversary!   3586 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:44 AM

cool, thought maybe bungie was just hooking up everyone on sony but guess it was just with the system bundle/actual collector's edition.

thanks!

no early access pack?

I believe there was an early access pack in all TTK Legendary Editions.

#18 daring  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:15 AM

50% off retail, so $30? All but guaranteed. In stock and online?
sd-1.jpg

BF is only 5 weeks away. When are we going to start seeing ad leaks. Someone, please ask slickdeals.  

BTW, please kindly ask crystal ball for the super mega lottery number.  

#19 Minkyboi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   185 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Minkyboi

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:57 AM

$39.99 with GCU

#20 HandsomeDan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

HandsomeDan

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:45 AM

Snagged it, used GCU and my earned credit as well, knocking it down to about $30. Let's see if they cancel the order on me, like they did with the last DotD. If not, I'll be quite pleased, been getting frustrated with all the locked content in the core game.

#21 F1GHT_0N   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   124 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

F1GHT_0N

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:02 AM

Bought this game on 9-18. Can I get a price adjustment if I am elite status?

#22 Sunrisecityrider   Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down CAGiversary!   2400 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Sunrisecityrider

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:04 AM

Bought this game on 9-18. Can I get a price adjustment if I am elite status?

Yes.

#23 mchittumjr  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:15 AM

Hubert in the clutch! Today's the last day for my 30 day price match. 

#24 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3813 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:53 AM

e.e I ain't got dat kind of money

#25 VideoGameFan  

VideoGameFan

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:09 PM

sucks, don't know what to get, been playing on PS3 but want to upgrade to Xb1, but will lose saved data.

It's not as bad as you think. I switched from the PS4 to X1 and did not feel behind at all. First you'll start off at level 25. All of your current gear is useless with Destiny now anyways (except for the crucible). Even year 2 exotics are below legandary and even some rare gear. One other thing to ask yourself is, are you going to be getting Destiny 2 for the PS3? Because your current progress carries over to all future Destinys. So a year from now are you going to want Destiny 2 for PS3 or X1?

#26 Prinny Vassal   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Prinny Vassal

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:35 PM

This is probably a dumb question, but will they price match this in-store?

#27 ritchardf  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:44 PM

This is probably a dumb question, but will they price match this in-store?

should ring up this price in store, if your store has competent employees, it might even be marked this price.

#28 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:03 PM

A Target Gift Card

Reading comprehension is hard.

In store is gift card only, and some states require that you spend it immediately  (and then return the item for cash).

#29 no658ea3   Ex CEO CAGiversary!   6170 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:18 PM

Reading comprehension is hard.

In store is gift card only, and some states require that you spend it immediately (and then return the item for cash).

I saw your post but his question was how a trade-in would work at Target.

#30 captbrannigan  

captbrannigan

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:21 PM

I saw your post but his question was how a trade-in would work at Target.

Target.com trade-ins are handled by NextWorth (they likely process the in store trades too). I submitted a trade-in through Target.com and got an email from NextWorth. Target in store and Target.com only offer a Target gift card, but you can go directly through NextWorth and get PayPal.

His question did not specify in store, and at the core of it Target doesn't give you anything. They act as a front for NextWorth, who will pay for your trade-in.