Problem with XBOX 360 Wireless Controller

ravhen

CAGiversary!
I got a great deal on an Alienware Alpha at my local BestBuy last week, but I've been unable to get my wireless 360 controller working properly. For some reason, moving my left stick makes my character look up and down rather than moving forward and backward. I have this problem in all of my games and I've updated, uninstalled, and reinstalled the drivers to no avail. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Yes I have (actually just redid it to verify that everything was done correctly). My character is still taking about a half step forward and then the camera shoots upward.

Does it also operate that way on your 360 (if you have one)? If so, it sounds like it's defective. Try it on that system or another PC, though if you can. I've purchased a couple used Xbox Ones that had controllers that did that and I sent them back.

Last edited:
I don't have an Xbox to test it on, but I've also tried a second Xbox controller and a Logitech controller and had the same exact problem with them as well. I suppose there's nothing wrong with the traditional mouse and keyboard, but I'd like to eventually get this set up in my living room so using a controller would really be helpful. I also forgot to mention that I'm running Windows 10 (if that happens to make any difference with compatibility/drivers).

Last edited by a moderator:
i haven't used it in years, but there is a program called xpadder that allows you to remap your controller for different games. you could try that

did you try uninstalling the driver before re-installing, or did you just try to install again (without first uninstalling)?

bread's done
Back