Super Smash U vs Bayonetta 2

Hunter55

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I have some credit that is going to be expiring soon, and I have decided to spend it on a Wii U game. I do plan on getting both of these games in the long run, but I would probably play Smash more right now, since I've got a bit of a backlog going on (including Splatoon which I'm waiting on to be delivered). I keep hearing that Bayonetta is going to be rare, and that its price will skyrocket, but then I see Wonderful 101 selling at $10 used (though out of stock right now) and figure that Bayonetta could very well see some drastic drops in a few months. I can get either game right now for $45 new, so unless someone is having a major sale on either game, what's my best bet here?

Get what you want to play now. Bayonetta probably won't see a drastic rise in value, though it may hold close to retail for longer than most games do. What they decide to do with the future of the franchise could dictate the game value somewhat, but you have time. Smash rarely goes on sale either, so just buy what you feel like playing. 

With the exception of the launch titles (and the 3rd party releases here and there), most all Wii U titles have held their used resale values quite well.  With Bayonetta 2 being a niche title I don't expect any large nationwide sales other than the odd clearance thrown in there for new, and with a relatively low number of copies in the wild, I don't expect any need to bargain bin used copies.

Smash is going to be a reprinted title until the end of the console's lifetime, which means better chance of chain sales (albeit marginal), though in either case the used value is going to hold well.

Personally I'd just go with Bayonetta 2 if you are going to get both of them anyways, Smash is going to be easier to find new down the road (if new vs. used has any swaying power).

I'd be more inclined to buy Bayonetta 2 new, since I hear a lot of people buying used copies and finding out that the Bayonetta 1 disc is not included. I could go either way on Smash, as long as its in good condition. 

bread's done
Back